Who Am I And Why Should You Care?

Who Am I And Why Should You Care?

A Chapter by The Fretless Horseman

Who am I? 
I'm sure that everyone in human history who lived long enough to acquire awareness of themselves and their surroundings has asked this question.  We ask because we are seeking an answer, or perhaps a purpose along with an answer.  But is what we seek really the answer, or the purpose?  Do we merely want justification for our lives and/or deaths?
I believe that I am here for a reason.  The reason I am here is not to find all the answers, or all the possible purposes that could be tied into those answers.  There are some things that I was not born to do.  What are those things?  As far as I can tell, those things that my conscience tells me not to do, some of which I do in spite of it, are what I was born not to do. 
Before I go any further, I should introduce myself.  My name is Alex Lloyd.  Why should you care about that tidbit of information or the man behind it?  Are my opinions more valid than those of others?  Do I possess great wealth?  Am I famous or infamous? 
The answer to that first question is simple.  I'm a human being, just as you are.  You and I both have feelings, we both have a soul, we both have the drive to do and not do certain things.  We are a lot more alike than you might expect.  Though the similarities will eventually end, we are kindred in the sense that we are functioning human beings.
The answers to the rest of those questions are a little more complicated.  I could say that I hope my opinions are valid, when I already know that they are.  Everyone has a valid opinion in at least one area.  That field for me is not an area like mathematics, astronomy, physics, or biology.  What it could be, rather, might involve music, history, politics, or the human nature.
I could say that I am wealthy, but, as of writing this, I work a near-minimum wage job in the village of Bolingbrook, Illinois.  Wealth in money I may not possess, but a wealth of colorful emotions is something I have always had.  I like to think that I understand what I feel with a slightly more keen insight than I normally would have.  That insight, I believe, stems from a lot of conflict with those emotions and the circumstances which caused them.  It's scientific, in a way, seeing as how I could observe what it is that I feel and what triggered such a response.
I could say that I am famous, but aside from a few Youtube videos, my collection of writings here, and my MeetMe account, I am anything but famous.  At least, I am not famous (or wealthy) just yet.  I would like to be famous and wealthy someday.  Then again, who wouldn't?  Money and fame have their struggles, but so do poverty and being invisible. 
  


© 2014 The Fretless Horseman


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

114 Views
Added on June 11, 2014
Last Updated on June 11, 2014
Tags: life, purpose, answers, questions


Author

The Fretless Horseman
The Fretless Horseman

Joliet, IL



About
I'm a musician, mostly, but I write as often as I can. My apologies in advance, but I write what I feel, and it's not always happy. more..

Writing