Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by L. A. Meyers
"

Prologue

"
The flames danced in her eyes within the reflection of the night. McVeigh Manor was ablaze and crashing down along with all the secrets and lies that were held inside. The truth would soon be revealed in time like she knew it would. It was the reason why she was here now and the reason why Kaycee had led her to all of this to begin with.

A crowd had started to gather from one end of the block to the other. Neighbors across the street looked on in horror with hands upon their shocked faces as the fire burned uncontrollably. The flashing lights of fire trucks and police also lit up the darkened sky as they lined the chaotic street.

Avery James blended herself within the sea of onlookers and searched around for the McVeigh siblings. She knew that their other family and friends would have been the first ones on scene and it was their attention that she was looking for.

The message she was giving them was clear and everyone would eventually know what had happened eight years ago to Kaycee Lane and her disappearance. A cold case would be solved and many people involved and their futures would be affected. Kaycee had seen to that and Avery obliged with her spiritual assistance.

She continued to move along and snake her way down the street to the other end of the block where the police activity seemed to be more predominant. On the corner of the next block is where she finally noticed Jacob McVeigh consoling his sobbing sister, Emma. Jacob's fiancee, Hannah Carter, was at his side while their closest married friends, Lucas and Molly Reed, were on the other. Anna McVeigh, the siblings stepmother, was talking to a police officer close by as Detective Sean Wright walked up to the group with whom he was already well acquainted with for many years.

Avery finally moved quietly towards them but her steps were not her own. She was there but yet she was not. A part of her was also Kaycee and she did not yet want to let go even though she spent most of her days in exhaustion and sadness.

The group noticed her almost immediately and looked at her strangely, wondering why she was standing in front of them as if almost in a daze. Her eyes flickered between her normal brown and Kaycee's bright blue. Adrenaline and anger raced through her veins. She took a deep breath as if she had been waiting to do it for eight years. She looked at all of them and yet only one of them at the same time. She spit fire with her mouth and cut glass with her rage.

"I know what you did."


© 2020 L. A. Meyers


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

83 Views
Added on January 4, 2020
Last Updated on January 17, 2020


Author

L. A. Meyers
L. A. Meyers

PA



About
40 yr old mom and wife. I have an 8 yr old daughter, 5 step children, 5 step grandchildren and a cat. I am in no way a spectacular writer nor is anything I write in a professional way. Criticism is n.. more..

Writing
Avery Avery

A Chapter by L. A. Meyers


Kaycee Kaycee

A Chapter by L. A. Meyers


Avery Avery

A Chapter by L. A. Meyers