Chapter 2 - The Delusions

Chapter 2 - The Delusions

A Chapter by Sumedh Wavhal
"

Detective Thomson found himself on a Silent deadly road. While walking he found a church where a girl in a Pink dress smiled at him. A shiver of happiness and fear ran though his body simultaneously.

"

                         The deadly silence on the endless road was so frightening that even the trees surrounding that path was standing immobile without moving a leaf. The birds were asleep in their nests as the darkness joined the deadly silence and they both rejoiced together laughing at the startled surrounding. The only sound that could be heard was the sharp and high-pitched chirping of the nocturnal Crickets. Many people mistakenly believe that the cricket’s signature chirp comes from their legs, but it is actually cricket’s wings that create their musical melodies. Darkness was aware of the fact that Cricket is the only thing which is brave enough to face him.

                      Detective Thomson found himself on that scary road. It was not the first time that he was there, now he was totally aware of the fact that it is some kind of loop that keep him bringing back to that road. It was scary at the first but now he is used to it. He started walking down the road. He knew where he has to go. After walking a few steps he saw the White Coloured Cross sign on a building shaped like a cross. The Cross on the top of the building was pointing towards sky. According to religious people the cross points towards the heaven suggesting that every pure hearted person have a place reserved for himself over there. Thomson was a Catholic and very devoted to Christ since his childhood. Whenever he felt lost, depressed and discouraged he talks with a pope about the life. It help him to get rid of the loneliness but he knew that he had bought the loneliness along with his Job.

                      He Reached in front of the church and he felt the presence of a person around him. He thought it must Christ. He believed the god is always with him and he had saved him from major Crisis. He was about to turn towards the church but he saw a small figure of a little girl in a pink dress standing across the road. Her blond hairs were dancing along with the cool breezes. Thomson’s body shivered as the girl smiled at him and he uttered, “Maisie!” and His cheeks started soaking in his own tears. He spread his hands on either side if his body and opened them for a long awaited hug but the girl turned back on him ignoring his wish to hug her and started walking on that endless road. Thomson started weeping heavily and cried in a heart shivering voice, “Please Stop.” He stretched his hand forward and started running behind the girl to catch her and hug her for once. She was walking down the road slowly without even looking back in the darkness. In spite of running with his all force Thomson realised distance between the girl and him is not Reducing instead it is increasing with his each step. He know he had ran this race his entire life. It has no end and she has gone away from him forever and there is no way he can reach her. He stopped looking at the girl walking slowly down the ceaseless road and she disappeared in the darkness as if it swallowed her. Thomson’s body was soaked with sweat. He sat on the ground and covered his face between his palms and started crying with grief. He uttered to himself inside his palms, “I am sorry Maisie. I know it was my fault.”

                     Thomson woke up trembling to death, his body shivering in the fear of loss. His breath seemed to stutter in his lungs before he let it go, feeling the tension drain from his body. He tried to calm himself down. He looked all around the room and came back to the real world. He could feel his bed drenched in his sweat. He looked at the steady and peaceful image of the Christ. After some time his breathing returned to normal and realised the nature of reality. He dreamt it again. he looked at the phone lying on the table, picked it up and dialled a number. After few bells the person received the call and he heard the sweet sound of a girl, “Maisie Speaking.”

                   Thomson collected all the courage he has inside and said, “How are you little one?” few moments of deadly silence passed and Maisie said furiously, “As if you really care! Why are you calling me?”

                   “You are my daughter and yes every father care for his daughter.” Thomson tried to console her.

                      “Oh that’s why a father is calling his daughter after six months. I am really not interested in talking with you dad.” Maisie used to live with her maternal grandparents since her mother died. She was ten years old when her mother died.

                      “Aren’t you going to forgive me your entire life? I was there with her when she died and I tried to save her. Do you really think I wanted her to die. She is the only woman I loved my entire life.” Thomson’s wife Alexis died in a gunfire attack while they both were travelling to Alabama. It was summer vacation and Maisie was enjoying it with her grandparents. Thomson and Alexis were traveling to Alabama to join her. While traveling to Alabama two bike riders fired bullets on the car from the rear view. Alexis get shot in the head but fortunately Thomson survived the attack. He got injured as a bullet hit in his shoulder. It was clear that the attack was meant for Thomson. He always knew that there wolves out there waiting to pounce on him but he was lucky enough to survive the attack, at last he was a Catholic. Since then Maisie hate her father and she thought he was responsible for the death of her mother. At that moment she decided that she is never going back to him and will live with her maternal parents. After investigating the attack it was found that the bike riders were two ex-marines but they got killed in a fight with the APD officers. The reason behind the attack never revealed but a girl lost her mother and a man lost his wife in it.

                      “I don’t want to talk about it and yes I am fine. Thank you. Is there something wrong?” At last he was her father and she loved him deep down somewhere.

                      “I dreamt it again.” Thomson said.

                     “It is reality dad. Get used to it. You have lost your daughter along with your wife.” After a long pause she said, “By the way I am working on that case, the murder of a man in the car. I heard you are appointed to investigate it. He is from Alabama and my producer want me to work on it. Take some photos for the channel.” Maisei was a Journalist, she works for a major network In Alabama. She is a brave and determinant woman. And she always thank her father for those qualities as she knew that she inherited it from him. She is a well known Journalist now and she is famous for her courageous and brave footages of major issues happened in the country. She had done many award winning works and people love her for her courage along with her a flawless beauty.

                          “That’s nice. I can help you with the case. And we can meet when you come to New York city.” Thomson was delighted with the feeling of meeting his daughter after almost Two years. The last time he met her was on the funeral of her Maternal Grandfather.

                         “I don’t need your help. I already got the pass and permission for the scene. And I will like to meet if I get a free time from my busy schedule” Maisie was a proud girl and what she achieved in her life without a mother and without a father was astonishing.

                        Thomson smiled. He was proud of his daughter and it is the only thing he loved the most after his job. “Okay, thank you!” he said and hung up the call. He was happy that he is going to meet his daughter after a long time. It was almost 9:00 a.m. in the morning and at that time he is supposed to be on the café having his favourite coffee. He threw the blankets away and walked inside the hall. The room was handsomely furnished with the English antiques and smelled the usual fragrance of the furniture. He looked at the Trophies and the badges he have earned in his entire life. He is known as a firefighter on call, always waiting for flames to erupt somewhere in the country. He loved his job and he was devoted to it as he was to Christ. He sighed as he realised that this is going to be a big day which is usual in his life. But he is going to meet his daughter which was like cherry on the top for him. He smiled and walked in bathroom thinking about commander March.

 



© 2018 Sumedh Wavhal


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

35 Views
Added on July 27, 2018
Last Updated on July 27, 2018


Author

Sumedh Wavhal
Sumedh Wavhal

Aurangabad, Maharashtra, India



About
I am an engineering student from India. I like to read. I am 20 years old. more..

Writing