Seven Warning Signs of Cancer in Dogs and Cats

Seven Warning Signs of Cancer in Dogs and Cats

A Story by Summerside Vet Hospital
"

Cancer is a most terrifying word. Most of the people think that cancer is only for the human condition, but it also affects your pets as well.

"
Cancer is a most terrifying word. Most of the people think that cancer is only for the human condition, but it also affects your pets as well. Cancer is one of the most common diseases that lead to death in dogs and cats. If you caught cancer in your dog early, means you are able to save the life of your four legged friends.

There are plenty of signs to identify the cancer in human, but what about your pets. Don’t surprised, yes, your four legged friend can suffer from this terrifying disease just like humans. In order to identify and prevent the cancer in your dog, get the help of an animal hospital or spay and neuter clinic in Edmonton.

There are so many signs shows you that your dog or cat has cancer. Let’s take a look at these signs.

1. Swollen lymph nodes: You can easily feel lymph nodes behind the jaw or knee of your dog and cat. It is the clearest sign of cancer in your furry friend. If these lymph increasing day by day, it means your furry friend suffering from lymphoma. Lymphoma is a type of cancer.

2. Growing lump or bump: Check your pet’s whole body and find any lump or bump on the body. If you successfully find any lump or bump, visit your veterinarian as soon as possible. To ensure your dog or cat has lumps or bump, check its skin on a monthly basis.

3. Bad habitat: If you think bad breath in your dog is normal, you are wrong. Abnormal habitat from your pet’s mouth, ear, nose or other body parts can cause of cancer.

4. Weight loss: Weight loss or appetite loss other common symptoms of cancer. If you notice any changes in your furry friend’s diet, maybe it is the sign of cancer. Sudden change in appetite habit and weight loss can be started symptom of cancer.

5. Difficulty in urinating: Difficulty in urinating is the sign of bladder cancer. Blood in urine or stool, frequent bathroom use, all these are potential symptoms of cancer.

6. Depression: If you feel that your dog or cat not acting like itself, sleeping more, not ready to go outside for walk, less willing to play with you. These signs can lead to cancer. In such situation, you need to talk with your veterinarian to ensure that your dog has not cancer.

7. Difficulty in breathing: Abnormal breathing and dry coughing are can be signs of lung cancer. It effects lungs of your dogs or cats.

If you notice any one of the signs in your four legged friends, don’t waste your time and visit your vet as soon as possible to ensure your furry friend is suffering from this terrifying disease or not.

© 2016 Summerside Vet Hospital


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe



Author

Summerside Vet Hospital
Summerside Vet Hospital

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada



About
Summerside is a full service animal hospital in Edmonton with a focus on providing the highest quality health care to our pet patients. Get optimal veterinary services in Summerside vet hospital with .. more..

Writing