5 Things Every Pet Owner Must Know - Animal Hospital Edmonton

5 Things Every Pet Owner Must Know - Animal Hospital Edmonton

A Story by Summerside Vet Hospital
"

Pets are adorable. They give unconditional love to their owners and in return, they only want love and care.

"
Pets are adorable. They give unconditional love to their owners and in return, they only want love and care. Pet owners can develop an even better relationship with their pets if they take care of a few things. According to an animal clinic in Edmonton, there are various things that an owner needs to do in order to improve the health and life of your dog or cat. Following are a few things that every pet owner must know about their pets:

1. Watch your pet’s weight. Obesity is one of the most common pet health problem these days. When pets are overweight, the extra fat can create a lot of stress in the heart, making it pump harder. It also leads to arthritis, hip dysplasia, and other joint problems. Obesity also develops metabolic diseases, such as diabetes. You need to check the body condition of your pet by feeling his ribs. If you couldn’t find it, it is surely the time to put him on a diet. Consult your vet about how much you can offer to your pet to reduce the extra fat.

2. Brush your pet’s teeth. Regular brushing is a must to improve your dog or cat’s oral health. Never forget, the mouth is the gateway to the rest of the body, and if it is a home of bacteria, then they will be spreading to the other organs of the body as well. Your veterinarian can guide you best about the kind of toothbrush and toothpaste you need to use after examining the oral health of your pet.

3. Consult your vet if you’re having trouble giving your pet medication. Feel free to ask your vet about how to give medications or follow through on a treatment plan suggested by the veterinary team. Your animal clinic Edmonton vet can suggest you the best ways to provide medication to your pet, or giving your pet an injectable antibiotic that will last up to two weeks.

4. Consider getting pet health insurance. The best thing you can do for your pet is to get a pet health insurance. An insurance plan will offer a reliable coverage to your pet against emergencies or diseases that require expensive treatment. This way you are less likely to be faced with the heartbreaking decision that you don’t have sufficient funds for the needed surgery or hospitalization.

5. Reward your vet with a treat. Remember, your pets aren’t the only ones who love treats, sometimes it’s good to get some treats or rewards for your vet and his staff. Take a plate of warm cookies or brownies on a bus Friday. You’ll be a practice favorite immediately.
image

Above mentioned things will help you prolong the life expectancy of your pet. If you are looking for a reliable animal hospital in Edmonton, then contact none other than Summer Side Veterinary Hospital. We have a team of skilled vets committed to delivery quality pet health care services. https://www.summersidevet.com/animal-hospital-in-edmonton/

© 2018 Summerside Vet Hospital


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

66 Views
Added on June 28, 2018
Last Updated on June 28, 2018
Tags: Pet, Dog, Health, Clinic

Author

Summerside Vet Hospital
Summerside Vet Hospital

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada



About
Summerside is a full service animal hospital in Edmonton with a focus on providing the highest quality health care to our pet patients. Get optimal veterinary services in Summerside vet hospital with .. more..

Writing