6 Ways To Ensure Your Pet's Food Is Safe

6 Ways To Ensure Your Pet's Food Is Safe

A Story by Summerside Vet Hospital
"

Summerside Vet is an experienced vet clinic that offers full veterinary treatments including pet vaccination, annual check ups, pet surgeries, spaying and neutering in Edmonton at affordable prices.

"
Almost thousands of pet animals fall ill and hundreds of them die because of swallowing unhygienic or poisonous food. Canned food is highly injurious to dog's health, due to the effect of preservatives. Contaminated pet diet is likely to cause serious kidney problems in both dogs and cats. It can also risk human health by risking Salmonella infections.

Compared to air borne diseases, pets are more risked for food borne infections. To avoid all sorts of stomach and kidney issues, always serve your pooch with high quality and hygienic supplements. In case you notice that your pet is not eating properly and seems to be lazy, take him to a reputed veteran in Edmonton for a physical checkup.

Few Ways to ensure a healthy pet are:

1. Check The Lot Number of Supplements : Before buying any food supplement, don't forget to check the lot number, manufacturing date and expiry date of the product. Food contamination usually takes place at the manufacturing plants due to the unhygienic conditions. Compare the lot number and expiration date on the product you purchased with the one on the recall list.

2. Look for Symptoms :  A dog may or may not emit the symptoms for a food borne illness, unless he's suffering for a poisonous Salmonella infection. If your companion shows the warning signs, such as diarrhea, lack of appetite, laziness, vomiting etc., schedule a trip to a local Edmonton veterinary hospital.

3. Keep your Hands Clean :
Before preparing or serving food to your dog, wash your hands. Hygiene is important for animals, as it is for humans. People are risked to fall ill through contaminated dog food or bowls, as its licked with pet saliva that contains plenty of bacterias. To keep your family disease free, wash the food bowls soon after the food is finished.

4. Keep Dog Food Away From Children : Kids are always at a higher risk for getting stomach infections. Therefore, its better to store the pet food in air tight containers and store them away from the reach of kids.

5. Buy Premium Pet Food : Instead of buying cheap or seal less food, opt for premium quality food items that are rich in proteins and nutrients. Dogs who feed on high quality food falls less ill.

6. Be Picky About Dog Treats :
Dogs like bone treats like rawhide bones and pigs ears. Though they are delicious for them, there are great chances that they might be contaminated by bacterias. Avoid regular and bulky doggy treats to keep a pet safe from diseases.

These were the few precautions that should be taken while serving dog food. Summerside Vet is an experienced vet clinic that offers full veterinary treatments including pet vaccination, annual check ups, pet surgeries, spaying and neutering in Edmonton at affordable prices.

© 2017 Summerside Vet Hospital


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
Added on January 7, 2017
Last Updated on January 7, 2017
Tags: Animal, Hospital, veterinary, services, pets, dogs

Author

Summerside Vet Hospital
Summerside Vet Hospital

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada



About
Summerside is a full service animal hospital in Edmonton with a focus on providing the highest quality health care to our pet patients. Get optimal veterinary services in Summerside vet hospital with .. more..

Writing