It Doesn't Have to Hurt..

It Doesn't Have to Hurt..

A Poem by Ignorance Was Bliss Everything Was Free

The sun is shining bright. His love is warm. The comfort of his arms is healing whats been wounded. Life's  livable again. Maintaining composure is suddenly not needed, I am free. "It doesn't have to hurt child", He says to me. I cry quietly, Not in sadness nor sorrow, but tears of joy. Brought by the deepest feeling of happiness. What ever wrong I had done seemed to have been forgotten. Every wrong done to me forgiven. I was a dreamer. Always dreaming for the things I couldn't have. It all seemed not to matter, I didn't care. Until the sky and all around me dimmed, like the sun covered by a cloud. The arms around me started to feel like that of a furness. I looked up to see a man so attractive I couldn't trust the look in his eyes. I was suddenly back where I had been before. It just will never leave me. This is who I am. He was all I wanted to be. That is an illusion. This is my sick reality.

© 2008 Ignorance Was Bliss Everything Was Free


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This can have so many meanings. At very least it is girl living and surviving the world she finds herself in. I can interpret surrender to a sick relationship whether legal or not... There's much to ponder in the poem.

Thanks for opening up and sharing this.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Awww I like this alot and i felt like this before. No its not a sick reality....its a unconditional love that all of us earn for. great piece :D

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

100 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 8, 2008

Author

Ignorance Was Bliss Everything Was Free
Ignorance Was Bliss Everything Was Free

In My head, AZ



About
"WHY ARE YOU WEARING THAT STUPID HUMAN SUIT?" Join me www.myspace.com/shatt3redhearts21 So I am rewriting this. My name is Sarah. I am a 19 year old poet. I come from a Fucked up backround. I'v.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Dear Life Dear Life

A Poem by Alyssa