Random 1

Random 1

A Story by insertquotehere
"

Random story I wrote for r/writingprompts

"
Chamomile tea is one of my favorite things to drink right before bed; it just fills me with a warm euphoria. Kind of like when I was a child and my mom put a blanket on me that just got out of the dryer. Tomorrow will be a new year, a new chance at having a different life, my dad told me, it just starts with a resolution. I suppose mine this year would be just to try new things and try and discover a new side of me I never knew before. Yeah, those would be good to have. The Chamomile started working it’s magic on me and before I knew it, I made my way over to my bed and fell asleep.

In my dream I felt constrained, trapped, I was in a room that was closing in on itself. It kept getting darker and darker, I kept screaming for someone to let me out, but no one let me out. The walls were close to smashing me and that was the moment I woke up into a different kind of reality. White walls, white lights, a throbbing pain in my arm; I tried to look down at my arm to see why it was on fire, but my head was restrained. A woman in white entered the room with a chart in hand and proceeded to walk towards me.

“Hello, Malcom. Today is December 31st, 2017, you’ve been under anesthesia and kept asleep for almost a year now. Don’t be alarmed, you signed up for this; I have the contract right here. It was signed in June 2016 for our sleep study program. You agreed to all terms and conditions for immediate compensation.” She said with a calm, steady tone.

“December 2017?! I don’t remember signing anything that said anyone could do this to me. D****t could you please let me move my head around!”

She unfastened the harness around my head.

“Just so you know there’s most likely some slight muscle deterioration, so it may be hard to move your head around.”

She was right, my head moved like a rag doll and just swung with barely any control. I had to concentrate very hard to look at the arm that was in pain. What the f**k, my left forearm wasn’t there, it was just a metal replica that looked like an arm.

“What the hell did you do to me!?”

“Well Malcom, when you signed this contract you agreed to more than just a sleep program.”

© 2017 insertquotehere


Author's Note

insertquotehere
ignore grammar problems

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

71 Views
Added on July 10, 2017
Last Updated on July 10, 2017
Tags: fiction, science fiction, story

Author

insertquotehere
insertquotehere

Overland Park, KS



About
I write occasionally and I'm looking to become more passionate about it. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by insertquotehere