Moonlight

Moonlight

A Poem by Raylene
"

I have not written poetry in a long time but thought I should give it a go

"

The night had come upon me.

          however did not want to come to the sandman's call.   I could not make my self sleep.

        I was to transfixed by how the night brought us silence.

I wondered how long it would last for me.


I laid there in my warm bed with the television

on to give me some noise for the night.

I paid no attention to the words, I was more interested in the moonlight.

I could not see it, yet I felt it calling me to come out and see the world asleep and for a while in harmony.


I just listened to the quiet smiling that I was alone in the world.

I heard crickets chirping and imagined how they felt jumping in the moonlight.

I listened carefully hearing the trees swaying in the night air doing a secret dance.

I then heard a chirp of a bird, I opened my eyes and saw streaks of orange in the night sky.

I sighed knowing it was over for the sun alerted the world to its feet.

I closed my eyes to get some sleep awaiting the next moonlight harmony. 

© 2016 Raylene


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
R
I love the reference about the sandman! I too fight him a lot. I'm a night owl as well! 👍🏻

Posted 7 Years Ago


Raylene

7 Years Ago

Thank you :)
Nice poem Raylene. Lovely use of imagery and descriptive language. For improvement I would only suggest changing the formatting/font size? :) Otherwise, fantastic!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Raylene

7 Years Ago

Lol thanks dear though poetry is not my strong suit
Melodic and harmonius with serinity. Enjoyed reading and walking through...Excellent...:)..............

Posted 7 Years Ago


Raylene

7 Years Ago

Thank you my friend I try
Sami Khalil

7 Years Ago

You are welcome. ....:)))))
there are some great poems in nature...and if we listen heard enough, we will hear them...also that kind of focus will get us to sleep faster than we could imagine.

one suggestion..first line of second stanza ---should be "I lay there..."

now i will close my eyes and listen...

nice feel to this.

j.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Raylene

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much dear
This is a lovely poem. The words and images you use to describe the experience give the poem a hushed, peaceful, pleasant tone, allowing the reader to feel like he or she is actually a part of this situation. I really liked the part about the world being in harmony at night. It's kind of like how everyone looks more innocent and vulnerable while asleep. Nicely done!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Raylene

7 Years Ago

I believe the night is the water that washes away the day to bring us peace
The ads are spot on. I finished reading and it says "Insomnia Treatment!" This poem captures the solitude and peace that can be found in the still of the night, when you are free to think your thoughts without speaking them. They are yours, and others don't need to know. The sensory details you used are beautiful, and it makes me feel like that night belonged to you, but you let it go like a friend when you saw the dawn.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Raylene

7 Years Ago

Thank you I am a night owl so the night means a lot to me
That was beautiful, i felt so close to this poem because i too fall in love with the moonlight harmony. Just listening to the night and the wonders of it.
Good write!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Raylene

7 Years Ago

Thank you dear
We hear so much but often we dont actually listen. Like the revelation here of the secretive melodic sounds of nature that is hidden beneath all of our secular worlds noise.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Raylene

7 Years Ago

Yes nature is a big part of my life so I do a lot of nature in my writing thank you so much
I'm a night person myself, so I can relate to this. Nice work, I enjoyed reading this.

-William Liston

Posted 7 Years Ago


Raylene

7 Years Ago

thank you dear
This serene work really allows you to take the time and picture fully the descriptions it places focus on. A pleasant read.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Raylene

8 Years Ago

Thank you :)

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

415 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 22, 2016
Last Updated on July 8, 2016

Author

Raylene
Raylene

jonesboro, AR



About
Just here to share my stories and talent for telling them I welcome all writers. more..

Writing
Murder by midnight Murder by midnight

A Screenplay by Raylene


Treasure Treasure

A Story by Raylene


Help! Help!

A Story by Raylene