1.

1.

A Chapter by Raylene

           I was looking over my most recent business plans; when my phone rang, I did not answer as CEO it would not look good. Then Miss. Green walked into my office, she was my secretary "Miss. Thomas" I looked up "Yes, Miss. Green?" she smiled, she had a space in between her front teeth but hardly anyone noticed except me. "Well, you see a woman called claiming to be your sister, and she said it was urgent."

 My eyes opened wide "I'll handle it Miss. Green thank you." Miss. Green could see my reaction and looked at me with a worried face "Okay, do you need anything before I go?" I looked at her in her usual purple pant suit "Yes, send a fax over to our partners, tell them I need their feedback soon." Miss. Green smiled as she left I clicked open my cellphone.

I looked at the bright screen showing that the missed call was from my sister, I called her back "Hello?" I swallowed "?" I heard a sigh "Rose?" I leaned back "Gwynn?" I heard crying and I realized it was her holding back tears "Gwynn what's wrong?"  then she burst into tears "It's Dad!! he is sick at home." I sighed "Is it serious?" Gwynn was bawling "Well the doctors told me he was seriously ill so I cam home as soon as possible and I called you and Louise"  I knew it was serious if Gwynn called Louise they have not spoken since Louise got that dragon tattoo on her back."

   I looked at my calendar "I'll be in town tonight and stay for a week." I hung up so she could not say anything, I called in Miss. Green and told her what was going on and to handle my calls until I return and I jumped on the first plane to my old town. I sat in coach thinking about my sisters Gwynn had become a success in being a Animal Rights Activist and was a Veterinarian while Louise was a professional woman's boxing coach. I smiled thinking of us in the old days being the three cute girls again; I looked out the window seeing we had landed.

     I got my luggage and came into the lobby I looked around and saw Gwynn. I smiled she was in a tye-dye tank top and torn blue jeans, with some kind of sandals on and she grew her hair out so she could braid it. I walked over to my sister and hugged her "Hey B.... Gwynn." She smiled "Hi Rose." we walked arm and arm until we saw someone leaning on Gwynn's car waiting I smiled "Nice of you to show Louise." Louise smile she had black pixie hair, wore a black batman tank-top, light blue shorts, and green hightops "Hey it's dad you guys know I would do anything for him." Gwynn clapped her hands "You see what you can do with love." Louise scoffed and got on her green motorcycle and said "Let's go see dad girls." I got into Gwynn's car thinking the last time we had all been together.



© 2016 Raylene


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A very good opening chapter. I like the conversation and the feel of the family in the words. You left a wide open ending and I wanted to read and know more. Thank you for sharing the excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


Raylene

7 Years Ago

Yes but gotta on one book at a time
Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

I agree. I had six open stories being written last year. I have two left. I decided this year. Finis.. read more
Raylene

7 Years Ago

I am Thank you

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 12, 2016
Last Updated on June 12, 2016


Author

Raylene
Raylene

jonesboro, AR



About
Just here to share my stories and talent for telling them I welcome all writers. more..

Writing
Murder by midnight Murder by midnight

A Screenplay by Raylene


Treasure Treasure

A Story by Raylene


Help! Help!

A Story by Raylene