Devotional message

Devotional message

A Story by Tori
"

Losing your home? Family falling apart? Is your life falling apart? I know one solution that can solve all of these questions and more!

"
One solution, there is one solution to all of the questions to your world that seems to be crumbling. Jesus Christ.
So many times we look for the solution ourselves. We stress and try to carry the burden of unanswered questions that just seem to keep building up in our hearts. We carry a load in our backpacks and pick them up as we go. Or we say we've left it at Jesus' feet for him to take. Yet the next day we're picking them up from where we left them and we're dusting them off to examine them ourselves.

Jesus said,  "For this reason I say to you, do not be anxious for your life, as to what you shall eat, or what you shall drink ; nor for your body, as to what you shall put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? " Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they? " And which of you by being anxious can add a single cubit to his life span? -Matthew 6:25-27

I just love how he said, "Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they?"  
Are we not much more valuable than birds?! Can we not see what God is so easily trying to give us? He want's to give us peace, he want's us to hand him all of our troubles and worries so that he can work on them. We need to leave it a his feet long enough for him to look at.

Maybe your saying, "Well, I've tried to leave it. I've tried to let it go but it just doesn't seem like things aren't getting fixed."

Maybe your looking at the wrong thing. You are focused on what should be or what should have been instead of seeing what could be. Turn your eyes away from the problem, look around, maybe there is something your not seeing. Maybe your so focused on your problem that you don't see how it's affecting someone you love.

© 2012 Tori


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is one the best work, I have read so far on W/C. Thank you for reminding the meaning of our existence.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Very good advice, enjoy every day, there is no hurry and do not fall pray to other persons frustrations.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I'm personally not really religious, but I don't have to be to recognize this as good, heartfelt writing, well done.

Posted 11 Years Ago


A great moral message.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tori

11 Years Ago

Thank you!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

323 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 10, 2012
Last Updated on October 10, 2012
Tags: christian, devotional, jesus, faith, scripture

Author

Tori
Tori

St.Martinville, LA



About
Jesus is my reason to smile! I really love chrisitan historical fiction and the message it has to put God's word into relatable life experiences. That's what I want to do, to tell the love of .. more..

Writing
One One

A Chapter by Tori


A heart of war A heart of war

A Book by Tori


One One

A Chapter by Tori