God is Dead

God is Dead

A Poem by Vishuddha
"

Nietzsche's announcement "God is Dead" was a bit premature but, we finally got here. You can't escape current events. But, more important, you can't escape the great, underlying realities of life.

"
God is dead. There is little doubt about it now.
Even two Popes can't solve the problem.
These are the end times.
Revelations, realizations, rapture.
Armageddon, apocalypse.
At least the end of the Age of Pisces.

The new age is not about religion.
It is about neither emotion nor devotion.
It will be an amazing maze of interlocking force fields,
Each possessing its own angle of understanding,
And, individual point of view.
Each with its own intention,
Its own invention,
Its own agenda,
But, if you don't know your own place in the puzzle,
You might as well stay home.
If you don't fit, you won't be going anywhere.
The big picture is pretty important.

What is all this I am hearing about joyful cooperation?

Time waits for no one. You have to catch him when you can.
The songbird is on the highest branch, waiting for the sun to set.
A glint of time is in his eye.
Can't see it. Can't miss it.
Time is inescapable, all encompassing, uncompromising,
Without mass, without gravity,
Without inside, without outside,
Right, left, north or south,
Electric charge or magnetism,
No sound, no light,
No shadow, no soul.
Neither awake nor asleep.

The songbird sings because the stars are coming.
He sings because his song touches the universe.
He sings because awe demands expression.
He sings because immortality is not an option,
So, whatever you are going to do,
You had better do it now.

[November 2014]

© 2016 Vishuddha


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Marvelous poem. It's like a fire that burns gently but is very hot. You use imagery very well and understand the value of our natural and spiritual world. Metaphysics are used so subtly and the universal truths that we know are rendered alive by your imagery and the fantastic world they evoke. Nature is our teacher but it takes an artist to illuminate the mysteries into our conscience and experience. Emotions drive the message and beauty renders it poetically. BRAVO!!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Vishuddha

9 Years Ago

Abstract thought is a great ally but it is the bird who is capable of song. I appreciate the allusio.. read more



Reviews

Beautiful, Lily. There's so much philosfy in it, you can read it ten times and still miss some things. Certain is that we must take every opportunity to do what we have to do. Tomorrow can be too late. Very well done. :) Rudi

Posted 9 Years Ago


Vishuddha

9 Years Ago

Not just all fluff. Sometimes I philosophize.
Rudi J.P. Lejaeghere

9 Years Ago

Yes, thank you, Lily, my fingers are much faster than my mind and that's sometimes results in philos.. read more
Another terrific, wonderful gem you have crafted here and the lovely song bird has a wonderful voice!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Vishuddha

9 Years Ago

Every songbird has to sing. Thanks for the compliments.
Marvelous poem. It's like a fire that burns gently but is very hot. You use imagery very well and understand the value of our natural and spiritual world. Metaphysics are used so subtly and the universal truths that we know are rendered alive by your imagery and the fantastic world they evoke. Nature is our teacher but it takes an artist to illuminate the mysteries into our conscience and experience. Emotions drive the message and beauty renders it poetically. BRAVO!!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Vishuddha

9 Years Ago

Abstract thought is a great ally but it is the bird who is capable of song. I appreciate the allusio.. read more
Oh to quote the Madman! I still feel the passion running through the writing and much admiration I even got into trouble here for not saying that it was from Nietzsche as someone spotted that I hadn't quoted it and bounced on me. In the same way the gesture of this writing bounces at me. I do get the apocalyptic vision, I do understand the association with the Madman passage although I think it is greatly understood as creating the opposite effect as the certainty of the Death of divinity. I also completely see the war of thinking streams. Imaginative thinking is finally taking shape with its respective armies. But all that is from the group of people you can see. How about the ones that destroy the world while we sleep? The ones that go nameless, The ones that actually do have control, power and economical might. Don't they also have a lot to do with the outcome of things?

I think at times we get caught up in the distribuition of media we forget that if we were to be shown the things that really go on maybe the impact would bring change about. People would certainly have enough!

As it is even the distribuition of media is controlled so w the drones do not rebel and continue to enjoy the show.

What we see on TV is a reflection of ourselves like it or not.

Indeed live as if it was the last day of your Life.

Thank You.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Vishuddha

9 Years Ago

The ones that destroy the world while we sleep? They are a part of the interlocking force fields of .. read more
Rene Salinas

9 Years Ago

Got it! Very intense write Greatly appreciated it
it is all looking very bad these days, the future is so ominous...and as you express so well here---live each to the fullest because it may be the last full day you will be around---if God isn't dead, it surely seems he has taken an extended vacation.

good poem here.
jacob

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

235 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 8, 2015
Last Updated on December 2, 2016

Author

Vishuddha
Vishuddha

A Looking Glass Land, FL



About
I am a romantic, born into an unromantic era. I am a restless wanderer, always seeking, in love with nature, in love with life. I am a native Floridian, with one foot in the Everglades and one foot on.. more..

Writing
Killer Killer

A Poem by Vishuddha



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Garden The Garden

A Poem by Vishuddha