Life

Life

A Story by Sweedy Pie
"

The temptations faced by a man to cheat his wife

"
The sensualist  approached me today. Dark, mysterious but beautiful at the same time. She just sauntered towards me with her seductive  sway to her curvy hips and a ulterior motive beneath those red lips. She touched my hand only to offer me a key.
An old fashioned key , tied to a  flimsy string attached to a tiny , rectangular card . With the word life written on it. Confused yet aroused , i held on to it as I watched her strut away. Unwilling to let her escape, I followed her . Despite being curvy, she swifted gracefully on the spiral steps that drove deeper and higher , fueling my desire. Giggling slightly she turned to face me, yet continued to walk away from me. Before I could stop her she disappeared into the corridor, I would make her pay for this I swore. I tiptoed to the corridor and there was the door I was looking for. With the word LIFE engraved on its wooden surface. I wondered what kind of life did it actually refer to? Is being lured by an enticing stranger really another life? Enough thinking, i said to myself as I unlocked the door with the key she handed over to me. I opened it to find a woman I failed to recognize before. My own wife. She stood before me, arms crossed and a hurt expression. I felt so ashamed to even look at her and  make my confession. In the greed for lust, I ended up doing a blunder, just to fulfill my selfish needs. I ended up being disloyal to the one who was always faithful to me. I couldn't watch her cry , so I looked away. She didn't say a word and left me closing the door, trapping me in my misery and guilt. If this is life, then I don't want it.  I just want to go back to that bed from where I woke up today. Engulfed in her embrace and soft whispers. I laid down and wept till I passed out.

I woke up to sounds of soft whispers and smooth hands on my chest. Sweaty forehead and a dreaded fear, i opened my eyes to find her cuddled up against me just like  how we were this morning. I realized it was just a bad dream. A very bad dream. I muttered a silent thanks to the heavens above, as I wrapped my arms around my angel, beside me.

© 2017 Sweedy Pie


Author's Note

Sweedy Pie
your feedback please!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

76 Views
Added on April 6, 2017
Last Updated on April 6, 2017
Tags: short story, life

Author

Sweedy Pie
Sweedy Pie

Kuwait



About
Creative Writer. Avid Biblophagist. Always ready to learn new forms of writing and the pen is still my sword! more..

Writing
Cubicle Cubicle

A Poem by Sweedy Pie