In your shoes

In your shoes

A Poem by Alys Jackson

I look at you,

All alone.

I see sadness,

Deep in your eyes.

All around you,

The world goes by.

But yet theres still that sadness,

Deep in your eyes.

I put myself in your shoes,

And see me standing there.

There tight and uncomfy,

But yet you just don't care.

"What is wrong?

Why a face so long?"

"Never you mind,

But if you must know,

Theres someething I want you to find.

It's hidden somewhere beyond worlds end,

But before the worlds beggining.

It's the only thing that keeps us apart,

It's the key to my weeping heart.

© 2011 Alys Jackson


Author's Note

Alys Jackson
I'm sad right now. Life is cruel.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A beautiful flow and you are right life is cruel, at times, and then there are always the moments inbetween the rough patches that give clarity and promise to new beginnings and brighter tomorrows. Chin up.
You got a beautiful poem from heartache and now you have had release:)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

So sad, yet so lovely :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


it is sad yet so lovely. Nice work


Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow, I really loved this. It's quite simple, but the thoughts that it provokes are so complex! Great job.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Perk up lil' one. Great poem. Your sorrow spills smoothly across the page.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I think it's really hard to reach out to someone when he or she is the one who is actually closing himself/herself to the world. If you want someone to understand you, then what better way there is than to express yourself. That's just what I think though. Anyway, I love how you repeated the sadness in the eyes. It added to the feeling of loneliness of that person. Also, the "tight and comfy" comment was a smart move. Meaningful and can be a subject to different interpretations. Oh, don't forget to add the closing quotation mark for your dialogue. Since this is a pretty short poem, the typos and such are more obvious, so polish it more. But I loved how you ended it. Great job. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A beautiful flow and you are right life is cruel, at times, and then there are always the moments inbetween the rough patches that give clarity and promise to new beginnings and brighter tomorrows. Chin up.
You got a beautiful poem from heartache and now you have had release:)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

And, 'if you must know', my key is hidden in multiple places. Only a fool will be able to find the whole key since I didn't hide it far, but a true friend will find only one piece. The idiots will fight for their space to only be dissapointed. I will never let anyone get too close to my heart since I know that one day I will only have to let go. Why should I indulge myself if I know I'm going to have a tough time when it's gone?
Like I let things in my past into my heart, and now they're just memories. I made mistakes, and I know I did, so I moved the key somewhere different. Try to find it. Tell me when you do. Tell me where you found it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

207 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 8, 2011
Last Updated on November 12, 2011

Author

Alys Jackson
Alys Jackson

Abbeville, LA



About
My full name is Alys Jasmina Jackson and I am 18 years old. My Mom died December 2012 so my Dad brought the pair of us back home from Milton Keynes, England, to Abbeville, Louisiana. If there's one .. more..

Writing
Whisper Whisper

A Poem by Alys Jackson



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..