Chapter 2: When the Dust Settles

Chapter 2: When the Dust Settles

A Chapter by Sylva Moon

 ----Present Day----
King Alfonse hands formed into fist while the Lycan inside him stirred in anger, he always wanted to forget that day but he couldn't. King Alfonse stood infront of Alexis holding a large rectangular white box. " Is that what I think it is?" She asked. King Alfonse gave her a look that reasured her question, grabbing the box she sat on her bed opening it to see her new armor that clearly showed that it was made for females. Alexis gripped the armor while she sighed. For years she had hidden her identity, her past and even her own gender, the only person in the whole kingdom who knew who she truely was was Alfonse. This made her feel guilty, for 4 years she lied to Crystal, to her comrads, to the council and even to her best friend, Athenos.
----4 Years Ago----
King Alfonse sat on his throne as his wife and Queen Crystal sat next to him. " What's troubling you my love?" She asked, Alfonse looked at her and sighed. " Alexis is about to turn 15 and she wants to be in the Royal Guards.." Crystal looked at her husband as she stood up in confusion " But she is a girl. How can she be in the Royal Guards? No! I forbid that she attempts to break the laws of our Kingdom just because she wants to be a Royal Guard! The council's word is sacred!" Alfonse hugged his wife as she was stressing but he knew what he truly had to do and he hated him self for it but he had to protect her. He kissed Crystal's forehead as he walked to the hallway in the castle.  Alfonse walked to Alexis's room and opened the door he stared at her as she got up. "Get up and pack your stuff, you are leaving to the village. Now!"
Alexis stood there baffled as the man she concidered a second father stared at her with such anger, she quickly got up and started packing her things, she didn't have much but she had enough to take her time, Alfonse helped her and his heart broke as he saw the tears in her eyes, this was her only home, she only knew him and Crystal, what would she do now?
---a bit later in a far of village---

  Alexis was inside her new home in the village and she started to unpack as she just tryed to ignore the pain in her heart. After unpacking all of her stuff she layed down on the bed and fell asleep.
After hours a figure that was watching Alexis quickly walked to the house, the person poured a flamable liquid on the walls and then light it on fire knowing very well Alexis was inside, the person grabbed a phone and whispered" It is done.." after that the figure dissapeard after having one last glance at the house.
Alexis woke in a panic as her house was being burned, she tryed to exit the house but the flames blocked her way, she had already inhaled too much smoke and began to feel dizzy as she fell to the floor as her eye lids felt heavy, the figure of a Lycan was next to her as the Lycan seemed to be crying and asking for forgiveness. After that her whole world went blank.
--at the castle-
"What have you done Alfonse!?" Crystal yelled at her husband as she was furious of what he was telling her. " I had to do what was nesessary Crystal! The brat was a problem! She shifted at 11 for f***s sake! She killed 3 grown wolves by her own! What do you think she would do if she knew who she truely was!? Who her bloody father is!?" Alfonse began to lower his tone as he held his wife while he whispered "That child is dangerous... That blasted thing inside her is even more dangerous. Do you have any idea how much people we have lost because of it? What if I lost you?" Crystal stared at her husband and sighed "Your right... I'm sorry love it's just I'm shocked how you could do that to her.. You seemed so attached to her as if she was your own child.." Alfonse stared blankly at her but he just hugged her as if his life depended on it. He only wish he didn't have to send him to do such a thing but it was only right it was him to do it. Alfonse knew how much that poor man would suffer because of it but it just had to be him, for his sake and for hers. It was the only way to protect her.
Crystal held his hand as she walked to the dinning room and sat down. Alfonse followed her and sat next to her as he never let go of her hand. Alfonse looked around and waited for the food to be served by the chef. 
--next day--
Alfonse stood as he watched all the new Royal Guard recruits. Alfonse stood up straight as he glared down at all of them as he spook loudly. " As you all know you are all at the age of 15 to 16. Every year we recruit new Guards and Royal Guards. For those who do not know the difference, Guards are those who protect the village only. Royal Guards are those who shall serve in the Royal army and protect the Royal family at all cost by becoming a Royal Guard you will put the royal family above anything else. You will be followed into the royal army after a  year of training. You will then begin your first battles and/or missions." King Alfonse saw as some people began to whisper about. " For those who do not want to be a Royal Guard follow Captin Jax into the village training fields. For those who want to be a Royal Guard stay where you are and you shall go threw some test to verify if you are truly capable of being a Royal Guard. Captin Jace, if you please." Most people followed Captin Jax out the room and to the village training fields.
"Hmm what a disapointment. I expected more rookies to bend and break their will." A tall man with black hair with a few white and grey strands walked in the room and stood next to the King, he had a scar that went over his eyes, his lips until his chin. All of the people began to tremble as the King quietly laughed abit and whispered to the man " I leave them with you Jace, just make sure to not have any of them die." Captain Jace laughed as he looked at the King" No promises." King Alfonse left the room as Captain Jace stared at them and yelled out " You are all a bunch of pathetic worms! Look at you no muscle, no scars, your all shaking in your boots for f***s sake! Tell me do you really have what it takes to be a Royal Guard!?"
" S-Sir yes we do!" Everyone yelled out. " No! You don't! You are all weak! You would all run away at the first sight of a fight! Your all scrawney little -" Suddenly a voice screamed out. " I have what it takes! I am not pathetic or a worm! We all came here to train to be stronger and serve the Royal army sir!" Captin Jace walked over to the voice as all the other stepped aside, a boy with spikey brown hair and brown eyes stared at Jace with determination. " What's your name rookie?"
The guy looked up at Captain Jace " Athenos Clark, sir" Captain Jace snickerd " Well Athenos, fight me and we will see" Athenos and Jace walked abit far from all the other rookies as only Athenos shifted into his wolf, not understanding why Jace didn't. Athenos lunged at Jace but quickly doged to grab his tail yanking him back and kicking him in the stomatch, Athenos let out a yelp in pain but got back up as he tackled Jace to the ground, Jace fell but quickly turned so Athenos was under him, he started punching him several times till he started bleeding. A person among the group couldn't take it anymore and shifted into a black wolf, quickly tackling Jace off Athenos, the black wolf growled but stopped once Captain Jace started laughing, the wolf got off of him and tilted its head as both the wolf and Atheno shifted back into humans. "Now that's the spirit! You see rookies, in war you don't fight a fair fight anymore. This is war, expect your oponent to fight dirty." Jace pointed at Athenos and the one who tackled him to the ground " Both of you passed the test with flying colors.. as of the rest of you rookies.. You have alot to learn! Were you just gonna let me beat your comrade to death!? Is that how your gonna be in war!? Drop and give me 200!" Athenos looked at the person who helped him, he had red hair that reached until his neck, green eyes and he was almost 6 feet tall, just as tall as he was. " Hey, thanks for helping me out there. I'm Athenos."
The person looked at Athenos and smiled " Hey, no problem. I wasn't gonna let you get killed. I'm Alex.. Alex Edinton."


© 2017 Sylva Moon


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like this story, good plot, interesting events taking place right from the beginning. Great name choices. A couple of spelling mistakes ;) but we all make those. Well done, looking forward to the next chapter!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Sylva Moon

7 Years Ago

Thanks! and yeah we all do. Next chapter will be up in a couple of days or maybe earlier depends whe.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

67 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 25, 2017
Last Updated on February 25, 2017


Author

Sylva Moon
Sylva Moon

About
There's not alot to say. I like pizza, video games, anime, DC, Marvel, rock music, horror movies and a good mystery book. Anything else ask. more..

Writing
Intro Intro

A Chapter by Sylva Moon