Kairo

Kairo

A Chapter by Ieden Ark

 'Angel Wish,

Angel May,

Sleep in the sound of night,

with young children in hand,

Sing them a lullaby,

   Sweet and low,

Gentle and slow,

Lure them off to sleep,

And nightmares it may prevent.'

 

 

 

      "Kairo?"

 

                     The little girl walked past the same tree that hour seventeen times. She had been in the back of the car, when Kairo had jumped out the open window of the car. His sandy brown fur dissappearing past the cars that tried not to hit the growling wind of fur. The sudden movement had startled the five year old and caused her to unbuckle her seat belt to follow her loyal friend. "Bankira! What's the mat- " Her father's voice was drowned with the sound of metal hitting metal and the sickening crunch of the people inside the speeding elements. The girl had limped her way in the direction, after ressurecting herself from the crackling wreck, that her friend went. 

"Kairo!" The girl squeaked as her bleeding leg gave out beneath her, she crashed on sea of Autumn leaves that turned into rain on impact. Her milky white eyes tearing up as reddish dark brown hair fell in her face. Her once white dress now covered in dirt, oil and blood. She looked around the woods for her friend trying not to grimace at the really big bobo on her leg. A yowl sounded through the trees shaking it's autumn dressings. "Kairo?" the girl asked hopefully, trying to get up to find her Kairo. She limped where the sound was at it's peak. Stumbling over tree stumps and fallen logs of the sort. She continued to limp for her friend, speeding despite the bobo on her leg hurting when a louder and more desperate yowl sounded ahead of her.

 "Kairo?" Her white eyes became cloudy when she saw the reason for her Kairo's yowls. "Kairo!" She screamed as she ran to the thing above her friend. The thing lifted it's head from Kairo's limp body and turned steadily towards the girl. Two black holes stared at her slowly picking it's body from Kairo's dead one. The girl backed into the tree behind her, tears fell down her face as she stumbled backwards landing harder on her butt.

"Kairo..." Her voiced faded as the thing came closer until it's breathe, the smell of rotting flesh, reached her ever paling and trembling face. The thing proceeded to get steadily closer as she slowly slipped into darkness.

                 "Kairo...."



© 2011 Ieden Ark


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
Added on March 19, 2011
Last Updated on March 19, 2011