Euphoria

Euphoria

A Poem by Emily Irene.
"

Original: February 2006. Revised: June 2007.

"

The feeling haunts me,
it fills every dream and every nightmare.
The euphoric rush,
the mental flush.
It's a pharmaceutical vaccum cleaner,
there to suck up all your pain.
It tells me,
"I'm glad to see you again,
old friend.
Don't fret now, girl:
it will all be gone in just a matter of seconds."
But it tends to add,
"Just had to come back to me, didn't you?
I said it before and I'll say it again:
I am the only love that can keep you living."

© 2009 Emily Irene.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like this poem, the style is brilliant. I love how you personified the feeling, and gave it an almost human personality in just those view lines. I believe you captured the emotion in this poem in one of the best ways possible. I will say that the second every in the second line does interrupt the flow of the poem a bit, other than that it flows perfectly in my opinion.

Brilliant poem.

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is a cool poem. I like how you used the personification of this effect. I liked the phrases you used and I thought you put together some pretty cool images. There are just some things I think could be different, I think in this poem a lot of times you're writing too much in complete sentences. Where if you used fragments and maybe took out a word to increase the flow it would make it a stronger poem. For example I don't think you need the second every in the second line. Just stuff like, seems kinda trivial but a poem is short so it makes a big difference. Dynamite last line too.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 27, 2009
Last Updated on March 8, 2009

Author

Emily Irene.
Emily Irene.

Saint Louis, MO



About
Name's Emily and I'm 24. I am a girl made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions. I have had chronic pain for more than fifteen years. This means I have taken more narcotics .. more..

Writing