Justice Part 2

Justice Part 2

A Story by Freedomwriter97
"

A young black man who finds himself fighting to redeem his deceased Mother-in-laws name as a one of the first black lawyer in the court room.

"

                

                However, her cries just grew louder then she got up from the couch and stood with her back turned away from me and said "my grandma, she done had a heart attack and she went on and died." " I don't recon why I was the last one to find this whole thing out." Then her telephone rang and she went to answer it. Then it was a great silence that coincide within the room, she hung up and walked up to me and grabbed me by my shoulders for a hug and said the funeral is going to be on the fifth of February. I nodded my head and just comforted her the rest of the night.

 

                On the day of the funeral she wore a silk black dress and a dark veil over her eyes. Her tears would not stop falling so I grabbed for her hand then I heard a song play. It was called his eyes on the sparrow, suddenly I saw a light shine on me from the side of my head and I felt warmth that came over me. I heard a voice that said I will never leave you nor will I forsake you and my plan is to prosper you not to harm you son. Go and redeem your deceased soon to be other in laws name in my name. Then I stood up and went left the sanctuary and sat down. Ms. Jenkins left followed, but all she said was “what did he say.” Then with tears running down my face I wanted to grab her and let her hold me. I received Jesus that night and I was never the same.

 

                When it was my turn to view the body I heard another voice that say preach my word. From that moment on I knew that I would never be the same. After the burial Miss Jenkins and I made our way back to the Grandfather's house where we stayed for the next couple of weeks. During this stay, I reflected on the voice that stated to preach the Word. It refused to leave my head. I wanted to figure out what did that voice come from. I asked myself, was that me, or was that really God speaking to me calling me to preach the Bible. During this time I was over taken with the thought of my loosening my repetition, but I thought again what repetition. Several years back a preacher back then did not make a lot of money.

 

                Majority of the preacher during this time were crooks they would help themselves to the money that was received during the offering. All but one, Senior Pastor Freddy Jackson Jr, I use to attend his services but my mother felt that he was not as interesting as the other preachers. He was not heaping a hollering like the other preachers at this time. He also did not preach the well known hell fire message. He remained calm and collected and what I do remember is that God was not angry with us and that the Ten Commandments are meant to show us that we need a savior. Also, that when we accept Jesus never will he ever leave us nor will he forsake us, and most importantly that it is nothing that we can do to earn grace, his love or his favor.

 

                Most people believed that this was the "ear tickling sermons" however as a boy I felt that this was the True Gospel. When we first left the church I was so heartbroken my mother told me to say my Goodbyes to my friends in this church. That night I sneaked out or my house and ran across the block to the church. When I opened the door I saw him on his knees praying. So, I walked to the pews and I did not hear what he said, but I knew even as a young boy this was a man of God so God honored his prayers. He turned around and it was evident that I startled him.

 

                He told me "you shouldn’t be sneaking up on a man of my age, I could of had a heart attack." now what do you need young man, I will happy to pray for you."  I said “I wanted to say goodbye because my mother said that we were moving to a different church, because she felt that she was not "feeling the spirit" here. Nevertheless, I believe in you everything that you say related to me, and I am so mad." 


Then the tears began to flow down my face, he placed his hand on my shoulder and he told me “young man you are very special don't give up on God your dreams and you're going to be very man one day. Then he looked up to the ceiling and said “Henry you will preach the bible and you will be very successful because of it.”  I know that sometimes it will be hard, but I will teach you how. Then he stepped away and dug in a big brown bag in which wore its age very intensely. He pulled out a brown leather bible, and told me “here take this it is a bible, I had it since I was a age, my Father gave it to me, and his father gave it to him" He continued "I never had a son so I am going to give it to you."

 

                Then I saw a shadow in the wall way it was my mother. She said "Henry what have I told you about that man and why are you here so late." I tried to stand up for myself bit she interrupted  "I don't want to hear it you are on punishment no more comic books,  don't you even think about playing with Joey- my best Friend at time- and don't think I won’t be telling your father about this." Then she picked grabbed me by my arm and the preacher and my mother’s eyes met and Pastor Jackson responded with "Good Bye son and God Bless you Mrs.Jackson.

               

                That night I did not get any sleep because I kept on thinking about what he said I was supposed to be a preacher of all occupations. I barely knew how to speak in front of my friends let along a congregation of people. However, I eventually fell asleep because I remembered that I had a big test the next day. That very next day I met the love of my life Susan Brown, she was in my mind the prettiest girl in the whole ninth grade she was flawless and couldn’t hurt a fly. But, she was different she always was studding and she never let the white man tear her down. She was always researching this group called the black panthers and by time we moved to our junior year something devastating occurred. It was a summer’s night and they were having a rally she of course was yelling “we are not free till we let our minds free.” When this white man with a pistol yelled out of nowhere “you n*****s isn’t ever going to be free then.”


 Then several shots rang some of the crowd spread, but many of them stood their yelling “we are not free till we set our minds free.” So that bigot grabbed Susan and pulled her by her hair into an alley way pulled up her dress and raped her then he shot her dead. I could not bare to hear the news she was such a great kid she did not want to hurt anybody. Yet, she was abused by such a son of a, she interrupted gun I have to go I told my sister I will look after her kids the later on today.


“Okay, I understand” I said with an utterly disappointed look on my face. Then she kissed me and left the room. I knew then that she was overwhelmed, because she did not have a sister she was the only child. The next morning I got up for class and he was there he was with this pretty white lady. I tipped my hat as I passed her and he exploded with anger, he yelled “don’t you ever look at my girl like that again or I’ll lynch you like the porch monkey you are. I looked in strait in the eyes and proclaimed “you can’t speak for the lady I was just greeting her, are you that worried that I’m going to steal your girl. He lunged at me but the woman held him back saying “he don’t know what he is doing he’s just a little n****r.”


 For the first time in a long time I listen to what she had to say, He doesn’t know what he’s doing, maybe I didn’t have a chance to win this case. A couple years passed and I was sitting in my apartment’s bedroom and my girlfriend came up to my room. She sat down next to me and laid her head on my shoulders and said “I think I’m pregnant.” I was in shock, but I grabbed her hand why do you think that, in which she replied I am three weeks in a half late of my menstruation.” I said we should go to the doctor right now. The doctor’s office was a mile from our apartment, when we finally arrived it took 3 hours before we were seen. Even though the other patients were also sick their eyes said it all. They did not want us in that clinic. “Mr. Jackson” said the nurse, we followed behind him and my lady had a seat. He asked what brings you here. In which she replied “I missed my monthly cycle.” Then the nurse continued the examination and asked are "you to coloreds married" ? Then I replied “no but we really love each other.” Then he got up and wrote something down and told us that we need to leave she doesn’t take part in helping people of our kind especially fornicators like ourselves, and he said yeah she’s pregnant too.


I was applauded how a person in their right mind can say that to anyone. I wish I never even bothered taking her to this office. Then I heard the Holy Spirit told me go to the front desk and report this injustice. So, I did and she asked me to tell her the nurse’s name. I replied His name was Nurse Joy, she giggled and said “Well, Mr. Jackson, he is no longer a nurse here he has been terminated a few months ago, but he refuses to stay home, thank you for reporting this.” “I will be sure to give a notice about this mishap” said the nervous receptionist. I thanked her for her time and we left. The next day I went to class and saw by nemeses again; however, he was with a different girl. I said you have a way with the ladies. He just ignored me this time I was highly released.  The following day was our graduation. When they called my name the whole auditorium was at awe. My girl friend was screaming my name and my mother and father stood up. “I was also the valedictorian so I made a speech. “Attending Yarvard University is a huge accomplishment.” “Although I had my trials and tribulations I know that it was not in vein, because I am standing here right now. “I want to thank God for giving me the strength to attend, my mother and father for making a way for me to attend this school, and last and not least my Ms. Jenkins the woman that I adore I will not be anything without her.” “Good Bye Yarvard University I know we shared great moments together, but it is time for bigger and better things.” I was now a lawyer and I could represent my girlfriend mother in court.  A few months later I thought about what the nurse said and I took a trip to the jewelry shop and purchased a 2 karat diamond ring. I planned on surprising her; however I received a phone call from the hospital. I rushed over with flowers and ran to the reception desk.


He asked “what is your name”.  I nervously replied “My name is Henry Jackson , I’m here to see Barbra. He looked me up and down and said Barbra who.” I just ran then and until I found the room she was in. I saw her laid out on the hospital bed with tubes in her nose, the tears began to flow down my face. I asked the doctor what happened but Barbra replied He raped me and I lost the baby.  “Who” I said. She replied your “former Dean’s son.

 

Shocked, I ran up to her and said “how did this happen”.  She replied “I was walking on campus with my voice recorder to  interview some people for one of my journalism classes, and he pulled me into a ally and threw me to the ground and said “ Your little boyfriend is always yapping he thinks he’s something cause won the title of valedictorian that should have belonged to me and he just don’t know when to close his little n****r mouth, so I’m going to have to mess with something he really loves just like My daddy did to your mama.” Then he raped her, she was found an hour later crying on the ground and one of her friends brought her to the hospital.


I asked where her belongings were and was I going to have her stay with me the rest of the night; however the Doctor said they need to run another test in the morning. So, I stayed the night in the middle of the night I saw voice recorder. So, I pushed play and began to listen to the voice recordings on the tape until I found the last one which was when he raped her. Then it hit me this man took the only two things that really matter to me my soon to be fiancée and my unborn son. I was furious I let out a loud cry, so loud that it woke Barbra up. She looked at me and made her way out of the hospital bed and asked what was wrong, she was so selfless even when she is abused she still cares for others.


The intense pain caused her body to collapse so I carried her back into bed. She burned with a fever. I wanted to reverse time so I could have prevented what had happened but I knew that I could not, it was too late. The next morning they ran test and it turned out that she was raped, but she did not lose the baby.


We both cried but then I thanked God that the baby is still here. When they released her we went directly home. I helped her into the bed and rubbed her belly. She cried and said “when will things change, they feel as though they can just take whatever and claim it to be theirs.” I rubbed her back and showed her the recording to the point where it said “I’ll mess with something he really loves like my daddy did to your mama.”  But, I paused it because I knew she couldn’t take any more. She hit me on my chest and said “how can you be so selfish, you’re thinking about that stupid case, we can’t win.”Then I embraced her but she pulled away. I collapsed on my bed, and at 3:00 a.m then he walked in and said show me the tape.

        

When I showed her the tape she began to ball, and I said “how can I get this heard,” “We will make a police report.”   Tomorrow, I will call the police and request to be seen in court with him. Were there any witnesses, yes but I don’t she ran away as soon as he pushed me to the ground. The next morning set everything up. Since could not afford a good lawyer represented the Barbra in this case. The time was finally here. My precious Barbra two cops and I showed up at the Jeffery’s house and knocked on the door.


 When he opened the door and saw the cops his voice cracked “what is the matter officer.” Then they asked to come inside. We all sat down at the table he looked over at Barbra and looked back at the cops.  The first officer asked “did you know this woman”. He responded “No, I don’t.”  The second officer said “this woman claims that you have raped her.” He stood up and tried to make his way to the door, suddenly the first cop obtained him, and placed him into the police car.

 

The following month we were in court and they called the witness up to the stand. She claimed that she saw him push her down and lift up her skirt but she ran away before anything else occurred. The court was silent and Jeffery claimed “why would I rape a darkey.” In which I replied they did it during slavery why is anything different now, your men just want what they can’t have.”  I then gave the judge the tape recorder and he played it in the court. Then he rewinds the tape and asked “You stated like my father did your mother, what you meant.”  He replied “my father raped and murdered her mother and her father in 1920.” The whole court room gasped. That is all we needed to know I pronounce both you and your father guilty for first degree murder and rape case adjourned.”

 

The case was finally solved, although it was at my beautiful girlfriend’s expense. The little bigot server 30 years in federal prison and his father served a life sentence.  The next morning I cooked here breakfast in bed, and took her to a night on the town.  When dinner time arrived I drove her to the park and laid out a picnic sheet. She looked so beautiful under the moon light, and then I grabbed her hand and said “I can’t be your boyfriend and more.” She stood up in shook then I got down on one knee and said “I want to be your husband, will you give me a chance miss Jenkins.” She said yes Mr. Jackson.” Then I kissed her.

                

After months of preparation we married. When she walked down the aisle my heart literally stopped. She was my angel, sent from above to care for me . All I wanted was to be her husband that was heaven to me. “Will you take Barbra to have and to hold to death do you part.” “I do” and “will you take Henry to have and to hold to death do you part “I do”. Then with the power invested in me I now pronounce you man and wife you may now kiss the bride.”  Here we are 18 years later and my first son is about to go to college. I wish you the very best son.  Don’t be quick to fall in love because she may not be the one, but when she is the one you will know it like I did. Never let anyone hold you back and most importantly seek Justice in all that you do I surely did.

© 2015 Freedomwriter97


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

292 Views
Added on August 20, 2015
Last Updated on August 23, 2015
Tags: Justice, Law Henry, Black, Love, History

Author

Freedomwriter97
Freedomwriter97

N/A, SD



About
Hello friends. I am a 18 year old short story and poem writer. I have had several poems published throughout my young life. I love to express myself with the pen. Several of my stories come from real.. more..

Writing