Origin

Origin

A Chapter by Tammil Davis

Never Be The Same

 

Ray (age7):

                                            Blood splattered across the room, the poor beast laid before me twitching. My fangs shot out at the sight of it’s blood and just before I lost control Kallen’s hand planted itself on my shoulder giving me a warning not to try it. Kallen’s boss, Jay‘lock, always kills and never savior that precious blood. He makes all of us watch it and starves. I’m, sick of it to be honest. I’m dying of starvation. Jay‘lock only cares about what suites him and make everyone fear him but I don’t get why? He’s weaker than an infant. The only one that cares for me is Kallen but he’s still a big meany. He won’t speak out against such weakness, he’s more fit to rule than that guy. No one will listen to me though I’m just a half bred in their eyes.

            Kallen grabbed me by the hand and dragged me to my room. He never lets me stay beyond that point in the gatherings. I know not to talk back to him and not to be a baby about things when it comes to Kallen. He’s a no nonsense type of guy. He unlocked the chest with some toys in it for me to play with before bedtime. He must be in a good mood I never get to play. I grabbed two, which is the limit he gives me. I sat in front of the bed and went to my own world. Where everything is exactly like I want it. He sat in the bed reading one of his war books and watching me.

            There was a heavy knock on my door then it just opened. “Hey Kallen, I got a job for you.”

            Kallen didn’t look up from his book. “What exactly is the job, Jay’lock?”

            I stayed playing with my toys minding my business and Jay’lock came up and squatted beside me. “Hey little one tell Kallen he is suppose to look at a superior when he is being spoken to.”

            “I can hear you don’t speak to the boy.” Kallen said. “I don’t have to look at you to hear you.”

            “Tell Kallen now to show me with respect kid or maybe I’ll take you from him as a punishment.” Jay’lock said running his hand through my hair. “Then I can see why he treasure you so.”

            Kallen hit his hand and spoke in a tone that only meant death. “Don’t you ever threaten what’s mine again or I’ll kill you on the spot.”

            “Okay fine I’ll kill you if you don’t show me respect you ingrate.” Jay’lock threaten.

            All the anger I had boiled up and before I knew it Jay’lock held his heart and started coughing. “No one gets to kill this burden exact me! You dare threaten Kallen you pitiful creature now let you burn from the inside out.  Sec ta lavidenc cratro sanvando creave lodan Kraven satdist! Fornil huckus devilish cradis!

 

 

Ray (age15):

 

My eyes opened once again to find all darkness. What did Kallen do to me? I tried to move but heard nothing but the cold chains wrapped around my body. Kallen’s voice rushed into my head telling me to stop fighting it he’ll let me out soon enough. This must be why he wanted me to go to bed so urgently. Ugh, I hate when he does things like this. Like hey Ray I’m about to put you in a dark cramp space with chains wrapped around you would be nice. I closed my eyes and listened we’re heading towards the sea. I never been out this far strange thing is I don’t sense Kallen. Where are you? I got no reply yet we can’t break connection through thought. What is he up to? I got a bad feeling about this.

I heard shifts in the atmosphere and then a blinding light came over me. “This is our prize from the raid on Kallen’s castle while he was away. Found this beast sleeping. What you think should do with it?”

“My name’s Sage I’m your new master.” He said smiling. “Your new name is Kole. How old are you Kole?”

“TF how you a new master if I never had a master in the first place jackass. For one I’m going to kick Kal’s a*s for this one and second you ever call me Kole again and I’ll rip your heart from your chest now thanks for opening this thing.” I broke the chains and sat up.

“Damn you’re a fussy one.” He said looking up at the sun. “That should be killing you.”

I smiled realizing I had the daylight ring finally. “Where is Kallen anyway? I need to find him.”

“Being prep for execution at sundown tonight. You’ll be to late.” The little one said.

I shuck my head. “He won’t die that easily.”

‘I’m sorry, kid.’ Kallen’s voice once again. ‘Sometimes you just got to give into death.’ I shuck my head no. Your just going to leave me a lone after all we been through. You f*****g jerk I won’t let you go so easily. Beside I told you I’m the only one who can kill you.  ‘what you going to do about it and watch your mouth!’ Once again he’s playing around with me. I guess it’s a test of loyalty but I got my own test prepared for him. You’ll see don’t die until I get to you. I need two days. ‘Best hurry you only get one.’ What ever. I smiled at the thought of Kallen eating his words and making the decision himself based on if this life is worth his time after all. 



© 2014 Tammil Davis


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

211 Views
Added on May 4, 2014
Last Updated on May 4, 2014


Author

Tammil Davis
Tammil Davis

chicago, IL



About
I make a lot of fantasy and fiction books but i do request also. Since i am a teen i make teen books. Check me out. more..

Writing
Grimm Grimm

A Book by Tammil Davis


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Tammil Davis