Homage to the God

Homage to the God

A Poem by Tiffany K Charles

I'll tell you a tale of murder, mayhem, and horror. I'll show you the face of the kind-hearted who wills the evil soul. Man's falsehood offers glory to all but kills the feet on which it stands. For all is taken, nothing earned, but ashes of the burned and dead inside a wooden urn. Blood is shed for the payment to feed the hunger of curiosity. The weak-willed and the greed of the damned are at the top of the totem pole. Gifting their will to total submission with their brains in their hands as they wait in line for their sacrificed turn.  


 


Grieve not for these degenerates; they are free to choose life. They allow the darkness to devour their light. They do not need food or wine, nor do they make haste. They kill at will with just one swipe from their grotesque disgrace. The pain is sharp and short, for the decapitation holds no strife. They gather the soul in exchange for the gold they hold incredibly tight. Their features are hideous, morphed, and even lacking a festive taste. A black mass of endless hate is all that fills their face.  


 


Blood sheds to cover the Earth a dreadful color of red. The headless bodies roll endlessly down the hills of despair and grief. The foul stench is enough to make a blind man go deaf. Corpses pile up at the bottomless pit, a heap at the foot of the altar, the harvest rising and the sacrifice of the dead. The degenerates prepare for the coming of the God, which is brief. A ritual to show all the magic and pure souls that are left. With a gory headless massive blood bath slaughter. 


 


Bathed in a pool of it and drinking from the red-stained fountain of liquid life. The God tumbles down the steps from its high seated throne. To takes its' homage that the degenerates have paid to keep its' wrath tucked under. The God moves forth to take in the scene and claim its' lifeless gift. Greed and hunger fill its soul as it drinks down the headless strife. As it starts to swallow the dead only to choke on a damaged and broken bone, it gasps for air and stomps its feet to create a horrid roll of thunder. The God has taken on more than it could handle, and the power level has begun to shift

© 2022 Tiffany K Charles


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is absolutely fabulous. I can't get over it. It is very deep and beautifully written. So many powerful thoughts here. Congrats! Keep writing.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I have not shed blood for curiosity but plenty of tears and layers of my soul along the way

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

222 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 28, 2016
Last Updated on June 15, 2022

Author

Tiffany K Charles
Tiffany K Charles

Miami, FL



About
"Deep within my mind...... far beyond the dark cracks and spaces .... is my mind palace.... a creepy place...... damp..... and..... there. In that palace... Is where I house all my mental information... more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Let it Snow Let it Snow

A Poem by MsJewel


Burn Out Burn Out

A Poem by B. Maaitah


Amplitude Amplitude

A Poem by Ana B.


Soft Unrest Soft Unrest

A Poem by MsJewel