Chapter 3 : Dilkendra Institutes

Chapter 3 : Dilkendra Institutes

A Chapter by T.K.F


Abigail’s POV 

I attach my shoes again and place the earpiece in its position.

“We can exchange our informations.”

“Good, my daughter. With the help of the police, we discovered that beside the two victims there were also two other persons present there.”

I register her words in my brain. “That’s mean we have two suspects.

“By their heights they seem they are teenagers but I can not tell you their gender. After the explosion the only functioning CCTV camera captured just a few blurred images. However, one person was wearing a jacket and it had the logo of this school.”

“I see, that’s why you are sending
me there to investigate.”

“Yes, you will need to lure these two individuals and determine if they know anything about Sevik! It’s a difficult task but I trust your expertise.”

I chuckle and adjust the rearview mirror. “I don’t think, I will have much trouble to hunt them down. They know they committed a grave crime. Unless they are professional actors, they cannot mask their guilt.”

“I agree with you! Your suspects might be teenagers but they are still children. Just offer them candy and they will fall in your trap.”

“Okay Dadi, I’ve reached the premises of the school. I will call you when the time will be right.”

“Good luck and don’t forget, I am counting on you.”

“I will not. I promise we will capture them.”

Our conversation end and I direct the car inside the property.

My first goal is to find a free parking spot.

I grab my bag and walk towards the center of the academy. They are several pathways which begin their courses from there. They all connect the buildings together.

I have to admit one thing. The whole premise of the campus is stupendous. Most departments, are L-Shaped.  

Expect for the main office which is constructed like a round tower.

Each building also incorporate a big playground and a small garden.

Children of all ages are present. The yard is buzzing with loud shouts and strong laughters.

I turn my head on my east side and I spot a big canteen. It seems almost like a restaurant.

The place also has an eco-friendly atmosphere because there are beautiful roses and marigolds which surround the academy.

The trees are too long for my taste but they contribute to the beauty of the place. One big oak trunk catch my attention and it instantly make me feel comforted.

I start to think I overestimate Dilkendra Institutes. “It will become a little difficult for me to search for my suspects here. That’s does not mean I will get discouraged.”

I place my identity card on my neck. “Now, I just need to meet the principal to complete my pending formalities. And then let the hunt begin.”

I double-check the information signs and I start to make my way towards the main office.

I notice a single girl walking in front of me. However, at that exact moment, the strap of my left shoe becomes loose. I bend down to adjust it.

And when I lift my head again, I see an Adunik’s arrow flying in the sky and it hit the poor girl. 
Her blood spills on the ground and the next second, her lifeless body falls down.

“Oh, shoot!” I forget everything and use my fast running skill to reach there.

Her hair is covering her entire face. I panic and gently place her on my lap. Some students also arrive and they form a circle around us.

“Who did this?” I shout with a strong indignation.

They all remain silent. “I am warning you! I want an answer right now.”

“It was me!” I look up when I hear the voice of a young boy.

As if a prince is approaching, the other students make a grand space for him.

He is accompanied by four other fellows. Two girls and two boys. The new group has a strange arrogance on their faces. Their clothing are also different from the rest of the students.

They are wearing archer's apprentice armors.

Wait, a second! Archer’s uniforms?

I give them a closer inspection. Oh my God! It’s them! It’s the Archers!

I try to control my anger. So this was a calculate act. They are tormenting this poor girl for their sick pleasure.
I speak with the first boy with rage. “What were you thinking by practicing arrows so close to the school’s premises? You’ve injured an innocent girl.”

“I am all right!” I heard a soft voice answering.

It’s the victim, and she removes the arrow. “It only grazed my skin.”

“Can you stand up?” I ask her.

“Yes. I think so.”

The boy and I help her get in a sitting position.

She moves her hair away and I finally see her face.

I gasp and cover my mouth. Her skin are full of red scars. Poor thing, she must have suffered a lot in her life.
“Your face? What happened to you?”

She shrugs her shoulders. “Racial riots, I was in the wrong place at the wrong time.”

I resist the urge to give her a hug. Her tale reminds me an incident which happened at my settlement four years ago. I feel a strong compassion for this child. And it’s not fair the Archers are targeting her. She is already been through so much and they are adding to her miseries.

I immediately turn my wrathful gaze towards the one responsible. “I will make sure you will get a severe punishment.”

All the ones who wear the Archer’s outfits become hostile.

A different boy speaks with me. He has spiked hair, and he is taller than the rest of the group. “Girl, I won’t be so overconfident if I was you.”

A female member grits her teeth. “That’s our leader whom you are threatening. The consequences will not be good for you if you want to study here.”

I stand on my feet and face them. “I am a teacher! You dumb fools!”

“What? A teacher!” The whole crowd emit a loud echo.

I survey them because I become self-conscious. Maybe I overestimate my capabilities. Even if my real age is fifteen, I did pose as an adult before. I did not get discovered. Here the people are different.

They are more alert and intelligent. It would been probably better if I attended this school as a student.

“I’ve joined today and I am not pleased by the things I've witness here.” I make the girl stand up. “I saw your blood! Where did you get hurt?”

I shove her hair away and I see a deep cut on her neck. “Oh my gosh! You are still bleeding!”

“Here, let me help her.” Their leader said at once.

“No!” I reply with a sharp tone and point towards him. “You stay away from her!”

“Really, I insist! All of this happened because of me.”

“No, now let us pass!”

His concern seems fake because I can notice his friends hiding big grins.

Their behavior make me feel sick. I take my handkerchief and place it on her wound. I take a brief look on the school map and we make our way towards the nurse office.

             *       *     *       *      *       *        *       *       * 
“It’s the second time of the week! Isn’t it?”

The middle-age nurse complains. “I think you are becoming the Archers' favorite toy.”

“I am sorry to cause you trouble, Miss Parmeshree.” She answers with a soft voice.

I smile when I hear her speak. She sounds so cute!

I fold my hands feeling angry. “Who the hell are those kids? Anyway?”

“Just the richest heirs of the block.” Her younger colleagues replies. She lifts her head from her mobile phone and gives me a stern look. “Messing with them is like messing with the devil itself.”

“But! Still! We have to do something!” I protest. “After you finish treating her wound. I will take her to the principal office.

“There’s no need for you to do this!” Miss Parmeshree replies. “He is himself afraid of them. You are new so I will give you three precious advice. Don’t waste your time, ignore them and mind your own business!”

The other one agrees. “That’s the only way, you can survive here!”

At the same moment, we hear a knock on the door. We all turn behind. It’s the principal. Ah, Miss Matthews here you are! I was waiting for you in my office. Nikhil has already informed me about the situation."

The boy who caused the whole incident stands beside him and the impudent brat had the nerve to throw a triumphant smile at my face. You just wait!

“Yes, sir and I hope you will take severe action against those careless kids!”

“Severe actions?” The principal gave me a puzzled look. “I don’t think that’s necessary! Nikhil already explained it was an accident. Isn’t it?”

He turns towards the already frightened girl. “Don’t you have something to say?” What’s your name?”
“Nishra!” Nikhil prompts.

“Oh yes! Nishra! Did Nikhil deliberately try to hurt you?”

She makes an eye contact with me.

I try to reassure her. “Go on my child! Don’t be scared!”

She hesitates but after a short moment she gives her answer. “No, I also think it was an accident.”
“Nishra!” I protest.

“You heard what she said!” Nikhil intervenes at once.

“Don’t interfere! Don’t forget I am still your teacher!”

The principal stood between us. “Now calm down! There’s no need for us to lose our cool. Miss Matthews? Come with me. I still need to give you some instructions before you begin your work.”

“Okay, just give me a minute.” I walk towards Nishra and place a protective hand on her forehead. “Take care! And don’t forget to contact me if you need anything!”

I do not miss that Nikhil is glaring at us. I start to walk towards the door but he continues to keep his gaze fixed at Nishra.

I address the principal again. “I am not leaving if that boy stays here!”

The principal cleared his throat. “Nikhil please, will you step outside the room for a moment?”

I don't miss the sound of fear inside his voice. And his attitude disgusts me.

The young male do not relent. “ I want to stay here.”

“Listen boy! I won’t let you intimidate her like this!”

He faces me with furious eyes. “You! You have no right to give me any command!"

“Listen! You little brat!”

“Okay that’s enough! The second nurse stands up. “Can’t you two see you are disturbing the young patient?”

The principal becomes embarrassed at once. “Sure! Sure! Nikhil, Miss Matthews, come let’s go.”

This time I abandon my resolve, I feel at peace, knowing he will not be in the same space as her.

The principal guides me towards the main office.

“It might be a little tedious to walk there. My cabin is located inside the main department.”

“It’s okay! I understand!”

We have to cross two bridges and make use of the elevator.  

It’s not the first time I am seeing those types of building but still they make me feel nervous.

I still can not fathom how a school campus like this exists in a small town like Dilkendra.”

The secretary greets us with a bright smile.

I return it back at her. And she opens the door for us.

Mr Ganpat Ravichandra starts to speak after a few seconds.

“Please take your seat!”

“Thank you.”

This morning, the police have already informed me about your arrival. I became a little worried when I did not see you. Thank God for Nikhil.”

I clutch my bag and mutter with a dark tone. “Yes, thank god for Nikhil!”

He wipes his forehead with his handkerchief. “I hope you did not have any trouble to locate the school.”

The man is a nervous-wreck. And he is making me lose confidence about myself.

“No, not at all. It’s hard to miss Dilkendra Institutes.”

He gives me a puzzled look. I think he is trying to figure out if I am being sarcastic.

“I mean it’s such a prestigious school.” I reply with a more elegant voice.

He finally seem relax and leans against his chair. “I need to give you some important points. The foundation of Dilkendra Institutes began when the habitants of the town lay the first stone.

He pauses and waits for my reaction.

“You may go ahead.”

“Well, you might already be aware about this but Dilkendra Institutes is not a normal academy.”

The Archers?

“I understand it incorporates all the educational levels under one roof.”

He places his hands forwards and joined them together.

“Actually it goes deeper than this.”

“What do you mean?”

“Besides the normal courses, we also have some special classes.”

“Special classes?”

“It’s for the students who already decide their careers on an early stage. Some examples include musicians, athletes, singers and dancers.”

“Oh you mean to say those who participates in extracurricular activities.”

“Yes, those activities require much efforts. And we want our students to excel into everything which they undertake. Sometimes they also have to travel outside Dilkendra.”

“And this have a repercussion on their studies?”

“You guess it right. You will understand those students requires a different workload. So the teachers and my assistant, Mr.Roshan came up with a solution. We decided to regroup all the students under one class. We also designed some light examinations papers for them. And they need to compensate by achieving good results in the fields which they chosen.”

“So if I understand correctly, I will be in charge of those students?”

He nodded. “I am assigning you the freshman classroom. Normally those classes don’t have fix professors. My assistant and myself distribute the work among ourselves. But he suggest we could also use the help of a teacher. The other professors will already prepare the paperwork for each of them.

You will just have to monitor their progressions and allocate their marks.”

“It does not seem too hard. But, sir you know I came here for a different reason.”

“Don’t worry you will get your time for your investigation. However, since you need a reason to stay inside the school, this task would be a perfect cover for you.”

“ Speaking about my investigation. I want to get access to the surveillance cameras for both the high school and the middle school departments.”

I take a piece of paper and place it on the table.”

“Also I want you to forward all the information about the same sections of students on this email address.”

“ I will prepare everything which you asked me to do.” He examines the note. “Do you mind if I ask you a question?”
“Are you sure the explosion in Mayafiya happened because of one member of Dilkendra Institutes?”

“Mr. Ravichandra! I will explain it for you again. One camera of the Flamboyant Club was damaged, but it was still working after the explosion. The cassette only contains blurred images. We could detect two persons and one of them was clearly wearing a Dilkendra Institutes Jersey.”

“That’s terrible!”

“Right now, this is the only concrete evidence we have.”

He continues to sweat. “ This is bad! This could ruin everything!”

“Are you all right? What will it destroy?”

“Dilkendra represents one of the rare place where all the three communities co-habit peacefully with each other. Many people believe it’s where the Princess breathed her last moment. For decades, we are trying to set an example for the rest of the country. If the word spears that one of our townsfolk is involved in this incident. This could tarnish our perfect image. It might even lead to riots in the future.”

“That’s why P.R.S.C sent me here! I will find out if the suspect has any connections with the rebels. You know how important it’s for us to eliminate those rats! Their main purpose is to cause disruption. And especially Sevik! No one has seen his face but his actions propagate terror in the entire country.”

The principal nods. “Sevik is the public number one enemy. I don’t understand how people are foolish enough to follow his evil preachings. I sincerely hope that none of my students are involved with him.”

“Moving on sir, it will be eight o'clock soon, I think, I should start my work."

"Of course!"

He gives me a map and marked the spot of the classroom.

“Do you want me to accompany you there?”

I shake my head and smile. “That’s won’t be necessary! I am sure you have some work to do. ”

“Fine! On this I wish you a good day and welcome inside the family of Dilkendra Institutes!”

On my way, I decide to stop and check on Nishra.”

I stop when the young girl come outside. My heart thumps, she looks so innocent. "If she doesn’t not have those scars on her face, I could consider her as cute.”

I am about to take a step forward to meet her however I stop short.”

Nikhil approaches her before me. He tries to grab her hand but she pushes it back feeling afraid.”

At the same moment, my phone begins to ring.

“Hello Dadi?”

“Abigail? Did you meet the principal?”

“Yes, I did!”

“Did you collect some new information?”

Some gigling school girls walk near me and I look down and place my hand over my phone. “No, not yet!”

“I understand it’s only your first day but you should not waste your time. Start your investigation and concentrate on this.”

“I know and I will do it! Listen Dadi, I need to go now.”

“Hey wait!”

“Bye.”
I look at their directions again. The spot where they stood before is now empty.

“Damn it!”

I feel a bit down when I follow the directions of the map. I really wanted to speak with Nishra. To check if she is all right. In a short span of time I develop a protective bond with her.

If Dadi and Nikhil did not intervene,I would have my chance.

When I reach there, I push the door open.

Without looking at any of my future students. I walk straight towards my desk.

I take a chalk and write my name on the board.

“My name is Abigail Matthews! Kindly note it on your writing pads. Because from now on I will be your homeroom teacher.

I twirl in front and a pleasant surprise awaits me. I see Nishra sitting at the front row.
I am about to smile at her however I notice something else, a different person moves behind her.

Nikhil straightens his shoulders and he habours me a dark glower which can even make a demon quiver.


If you like this story please read the first chapter of my upcoming Novel Lossell High : Locked Memories at : http://www.writerscafe.org/writing/TKF/1969809/

My facebook fan page : https://m.facebook.com/lossellhigh/?tsid=0.9600160778826037&source=typeahead

My Twitter :https://mobile.twitter.com/TaJnikumariFutt

My youtube channel : https://youtu.be/8bSNTVm-nMc

My Blog :https://www.blogger.com/blogger

My instagram : https://www.instagram.com/lossell_high/?hl=en

Kindly, leave a like and a review on the comment section :)








© 2018 T.K.F


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

53 Views
Added on June 7, 2018
Last Updated on October 27, 2018
Tags: Romance, posssesive, horror, mythology, mystery, crime, fantasy, darklovestories


Author

T.K.F
T.K.F

Mauritius



About
Hello, my name is T.K.F and I am a Mauritian self published author. I like reading books, mangas and I am a big fan of anime. more..

Writing
A Spider's Web A Spider's Web

A Poem by T.K.F


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by T.K.F