Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by TheNobodyThatCares

What to do? What to do? I kept asking myself. What am I supposed to do about this?

I paced around my room for what felt like an hour. Finally, I collapsed on my black window seat and sighed, completely stressed out.

What is it, Fire? A soothing, familiar voice entered my head.

I smiled at the voice, despite the headache that my divorced parents threw at me only moments ago.

I looked over and saw a wolf's purple eyes that could pierce my soul. I decided to sit in the darkness watching the forest in my backyard through my window. I knew exactly who it was. My best friend's normal-sized, pure black body was hidden and camouflaged by the night.

We look almost identical, except I have blue eyes and longer black hair. However, if we were to switch places for even a second, they would know she wasn't really me. Every werewolf knows the Royal Scent, even if they haven't come in contact with a Royal before.

Oh, nothing Raven, just the parents. You know. I replied to her through our mind-link.

The Queen, too? Raven questioned.

I nodded at her. Yes, my Mother as well. She's here, too. They both broke news to me only moments ago. I responded, shaking my head vigorously. I hate this.

What's going on, Princess? Raven questioned.

My mate. They want me to go find my mate, Raven.

Oh? Really?

Really.

Well, what's wrong with that? She asked me after a few minutes of silence.

I sighed. Do you know how terrifying that is? What if he's a bad person? What if I don't find him? What if he's dead, or, if I do find him, what if he dies in front of me? What if he rejects me? There's so many things wrong with telling someone "You're finding your mate or you're not coming back." They know I'm not ready, Raven. I haven't even been outside the castle walls unless I'm going to my Mother's kingdom. You know that just as well as they do.

I could tell Raven was thinking it over because I could hear half of her thoughts, however they were jumbled up and unreadable.

Permission to speak freely, Princess?

I looked at her curiously, but responded, Of course, Rave. You do it anyway. I laughed.

She wagged her tail at my joke. Thank you, Fire. Anyway, I think it's a good idea. You need to be more... exposed to the werewolf world. The people don't know anything about you. All they remember about you, was when Queen Adianna and King Pollux hosted a grand celebration, that anyone and everyone could go to, for your first birthday. That's it. They think that you're dead, and your parents divorced because they blame each other for your death.

I gaped at my best friend. Really?

To which part?

All of it! I quietly exclaimed in our mind-link.

Yes, really. She answered quietly, bowing her head slightly.

I sat there, stunned. My parents had a grand celebration for me?

Raven nodded. Of course, Princess. They felt truly blessed to finally conceive another child. After Kevin's death...

I nodded. I've seen enough pictures of my older brother to know about him. And from what I've heard from around the castles, he was taken from my parents by Rogues when he was three. My parents didn't give the Rogues what they wanted, so they killed Kevin to prove a point. The Royal doctor we have, Nathan, told Mother she wouldn't be able to conceive again. I was a miracle child.

I know. They wanted another child, but Doctor Armstrong said that Mother wasn't able to. I ended up being a miracle child, I told Raven.

Exactly. She answered. So your parents held a grand celebration for your first birthday.

I thought for a few seconds. Hey, Rave?

Yes, Princess?

How did you find out this information?

She smiled a Cheshire Cat smile. You know how I like the Royal Beta?

I giggled. Asher Higgins is my father's Beta. My father, being King, is also an Alpha. He's just more important. He's above all the other Alphas, but he's not exempted from having a Beta. Our Beta, Asher Higgins, was assigned to watch over me when I was younger. He and I had a somewhat close relationship at the time. Beta Asher Higgins? Yeah, I remember you said something about it a while back. What about it?

She smiled. I got it out of him with my charms.

I couldn't help but laugh a little. Yes Raven, it was totally your charms. I said, rolling my eyes a bit.

Anyway, he's the only one who knows the full story. He... may have let some things slip when we started talking a few months ago... she said in a small voice. I'm sorry I kept it from you. He promised me not to say anything. He thought you'd get upset.

I gave her a small smile and sighed. I'm not mad, Rave. You'd be able to tell if I was, I laughed, I'm just... surprised.

She nodded. That's what I thought, too, but I still didn't want to say anything at the time.

I understand, Rave.

She looked at me with pleading eyes. Promise you're not mad, Princess?

I smiled. I promise I'm not mad, Rave.

She smiled. We were silent for a while and we heard a gentle knock at my bedroom door. "Sapphire? Honey, please let me in." It was my mother.

I looked at Raven and nodded. Run. She got the message and ran back into the forest.

I sighed. "Come in."

The door creaked open and my mother peeked her head into the room. I looked over at her for a minute and my eyes went back to the window. "Yes, Mother?" I asked in such a way that surprised even me.

I didn't have to use my peripheral vision to see her. Her blue eyes were filled with sadness and her dark brown hair was pinned up into a small bun. Being Queen, she didn't have the luxury like the commoners did, having messy buns and things like that for hairdos.

She moved over towards me slowly, almost cautiously. She sat down on the other side of the window seat and sighed. "I'm sorry, Sapphire. We just- we just think that it'll be good for you. We've realized that you've only ever seen the castles. We know that. Your father and I have... compromised... and agreed to see if Miss Raven is willing to go with you and show you around both kingdoms. Since she is more familiarized with the areas and she is to be with you at all times. You trust her, I've noticed, so I thought she'd be the best pick for the job." My mother said quietly yet confidently.

Confused, I looked up. "Really?"

"Of course," my mother chuckled. "We weren't just going to let you loose without any guidance. But, as part of your father's and my compromise, you have to take your guard, Samuel, with you."

I beamed. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I could explore the two kingdoms alone, with the exception of Raven and Sammy: my best friend and my favorite guard. This was great!

"When do we leave?" I asked my mother.

"At dawn on Sunday, if Raven agrees," my mother responded, smiling at the fact that I was starting to look forward to this despite how I acted toward them only a half hour before.

My mother got up and headed to the door.

"Mother?" I called to her.

She turned around to look at me. "Yes, Sapphire?"

"I'm sorry for earlier. I had no right to act that way to either of you," I said quietly, my voice full of sadness and regret. "Will you and Father forgive me?"

My mother offered me a small smile before she answered. "All is already forgiven." With that, my mother exited my bedroom, closing the door behind her.


© 2017 TheNobodyThatCares


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Sounds like an interesting concept. :) I think you meant, "He made me promise not to say anything" not "He promised me not to say anything."

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

101 Views
1 Review
Added on January 20, 2017
Last Updated on January 20, 2017


Author

TheNobodyThatCares
TheNobodyThatCares

KY



About
I love reading and writing. My Instagram is TheNobodyThatCares and my Wattpad is WolfLover9 and I have a Tumblr as well. I'm pretty cool, I guess. more..

Writing