John the Sailor

John the Sailor

A Story by Wes
"

He really should of been an actor

"

John wanted to be an actor. He wanted to grace the stage and entertain thousands, receive booming standing ovations, and bring new worlds to life. But John had a family to feed, and bills to pay, so he gave up his dream and became a sailor. He worked on a rather large trade vessel, transporting sugar and other delicacies from the new world. And on this particular sunny day on the Atlantic, with the crystal blue water stretching as far as the eye could see, he looked over the side of the boat and saw a gigantic tentacle creeping up the side of the ship. And he thought to himself, “Damn I should have been an actor.”

The Krakens attack came swiftly, and without warning. One massive red tentacle swept across the deck of the ship, smashing the sail to bits and sending a plethora of unsuspecting sailors careening off the side of the ship. 

John panicked, “Where in the bloody hell is the Captain?”

“He’s nowhere to be found John!” replied another poor sailor, just as the Kraken picked him up and flung him across the sea like a rag doll. 

So far, the Kraken’s attack had been limited to his tentacles wrecking havoc on the deck of the ship, the monsters body had not even been seen yet. 

The captain was still nowhere to be found. In fact, most of the crew had already been dispatched by the beast. Chaos was everywhere, screaming, death, and the ship itself was in absolute shambles. Then, suddenly, the attack stopped, the sea went calm, and silence engulfed the deck. The few remaining survivors glanced around nervously, thanking God for his mercy. They did so too soon.

Suddenly, the ship started to rise. John looked over the side of the ship, and saw the Krakens tentacles, suction cups glued to the bottom of the once magnificent boat. At this point they were 50 feet above the surface, still astonished at what was happening. That’s when the ship started to tip. As John looked down, all he could see was the gaping maw of the beast, endless and as deadly as a black hole. As he tumbled in, he knew he should of been an actor.

© 2015 Wes


Author's Note

Wes
Anything goes as always

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Good action. Easy to follow descriptions.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

59 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 19, 2015
Last Updated on March 19, 2015
Tags: Sea, Sailor, Actor

Author

Wes
Wes

About
Writer, Poet, Producer Contact me: [email protected] more..

Writing