Chapter Two

Chapter Two

A Chapter by Tala Silva

I am Cupid, God of Passions. Son of Venus, Goddess of Love and Beauty. It is my duty to make the people of the world fall in love and marry. With my Golden Arrows I give Love, my Silver Arrows, Lust, and my Bronze Arrows, Hate. All these things are the passions I am known for.

My mother, Venus often directs me who to prick with my Arrows, and lately she has become upset. The people of the world have stopped worshipping her in favor of a young mortal woman. My mother is angry but I... I pity the girl. She is too beautiful for her own safety. I argue with her.

"Mother it is not her fault she's beautiful, you blessed her with that beauty!"

"Maybe I did, when she was still a child. And she is supposed to be thankful! But no she despises her beauty! How I wish I could take it back! Make her vile! But alas I cannot. But maybe I can do something just as good." Her eyes light with revenge.

"Mother... What are you planning?" I ask wearily

"Oh nothing my Love, you are just going to make her fall in love, and I with something vile."

"Mother! I shall not be a part of your scheme!" I exclaim.

"You shall and you will!" She demands. I must concede.

My mother hatches a plan. Tonight, while the mortal is sleeping I am to sneak into her room and prick her with a Golden Arrow of Love. Then in the morning she is to put some vile creature before her for her to fall in love with. I pity the girl even more now.

Night falls quickly and soon the mortal is asleep and I fly into her room, concealing myself by becoming invisible.  I open the window and wince at the small click. I see her stir. I stand next to her bed with a small thumb and wince again. She stirs once more. She really is beautiful. Her hair spilling out of the ponytail it's tied in, and over the pillows, her skin glowing softly in the moonlight.

I take the Golden Arrow from its quiver and set it against the bowstring, pulling back. Then suddenly her eyes open and she looks right at me. I am so startled I scratch myself with the point of the Arrow. She can't have seen me, can she? I feel a warm feeling settle over me. Is this what it feels like to fall in love? Her eyes have a confused look in them. Oh her eyes. So dark yet gleaming in the moonlight. But I am robbed of the sight of them as she closes her eyes and settles back into her bed. I take a step back. I can't go through with it, this plan, I can't. I love her! I love her. I flap my wings and fly quickly out the window. Now to tell my mother. Oh My. She won't be pleased.



© 2012 Tala Silva


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

647 Views
Added on August 2, 2012
Last Updated on August 2, 2012


Author

Tala Silva
Tala Silva

Sandwich, MA



About
I am a 16 year old writer with lots of projects. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Tala Silva


Chapter Three Chapter Three

A Chapter by Tala Silva


Chapter Four Chapter Four

A Chapter by Tala Silva