Something to think about

Something to think about

A Story by Alex Falkner
"

This is rated mature as there is disturbing content.

"

My ability to write has returned, however the content isn't what I was searching for.

I longed for the magic of fantasy, not the words of a truth so common, yet so well hidden from society.

The longing for fantasy has grown stronger but seem much more elusive than ever.

I feel compelled to write my life story, however painful it was, and still is sometimes.

I truly hope others can learn from it and gain a better understanding of, and for those unfortunate souls like me that have lived it and are still living it.

I ask in all honesty that you do not pity me as I have accepted what happened in my past.

I may not have healed completely as yet, I am still working on issues that have recently arisen, and I am now in a stable state of mind to be able to deal with such things.

Before I finish up, I have something to ask of all who read this.

If you believe, or even have the slightest suspicion something is wrong, if something has you a little concerned, Please, please, do not ignore it, Ask some questions, call someone, do something, do not let it linger, the difference between a few hours and a few days could make all the difference in the world.

In some cases it could even be the difference between life and death.

You may think that statement is a little over dramatic, but it isn't, it is the truth.

I say again, do not let it linger, could you live with yourself if you suspected something and did nothing, only to hear that the person had committed suicide or was beaten to death?

I implore you to google the name "Nia Glassi, New Zealand" and see what comes up.

These are a few sentences that popped up when I googled her name.

 

*Baby Nia spun in dryer until she bled...

*Nia Glassie was tortured by her entire family and extended family....

*Nia Glassie had her life filled with violent abuse, vulgar surroundings with no love or warmth. She never got know natural affection.

 

 

 

 

© 2015 Alex Falkner


Author's Note

Alex Falkner
For the sake of education on this matter, if you read this, please refer it to others so they may learn as well.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Hm. I looked up Nia...Those f*****g c***s think they're so tough abusing a THREE year old to death. Children are people. They may be small and uncertain, but they think and live just like an adult. The only advantage these lesser sacks of piss ever had is age. And age doesn't mean s**t. It's just a f*****g number. That 'mother' deserves worse. I hope wrinkled tits here never leaves prison. Ever.

Everytime I read your work...I get so angry. I apologize for my language, if it offends. But writing about this helps bring attention to situations like these. Keep writing about them.



Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Alex Falkner

11 Years Ago

I thank you for reading my work, But I thank you so much more for taking the time to read someone el.. read more
char

11 Years Ago

I should be thanking you. Someday, I'll help these kids when I'm older and more influential. Thanks,.. read more
Alex Falkner

11 Years Ago

And I'm sure you'll be damn good at it. :)
Thank you, and you're welcome.



Reviews

Wow...no I could not and would not do nothing. Of that I am certain. Thank you for posing these questions. We are all in this together.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Alex Falkner

11 Years Ago

Thank you for taking the time to read this, the more people that stand up and do something, the less.. read more
Dear Tamm31

I can only apologise for consistently being drawn back to your writing.

Two reasons:

1) You write well; very well;

2) And as you already know I easily identify with your writing and why you write it.

Here again, you strike chords:

On the one hand you regret that all you can do is write about yourself and your experience of life; yet you correctly you also state that you have much to teach. Please turn your experience into a book.Pplease?!

You also advise the reader to act, not remain complacent as people may do in the face of something they see with which they disagree but do nothing about. As I have written, 'the misuse of time and our freedom is our damnation'. Please teach us more.

The above and this is what I try to do in Split.

You say you do not want pity, just action. In Split I state my illness may explain my behaviours but does not excuse them. And if, as I explain in 'Understanding', I do not write it in search of being forgiven, I do so as a voice for the voiceless and seek understanding for those stricken by mental health illness. I too survive and my recovery continues every day.

Finally you also want to exit writing about you and illness and get off the sombre into other forms of writing - the world of fantasy.

You do not know how often I have had to change my mind set to write amusing pieces which may still at times have some sort of underlying message, if only pure nonsense!

I have too many half written pieces in my bottom drawer including the first 70,000 words of a novel off the topic of illness, an adventure, a thriller. Yet in the end I could not finish it, because the plot became so complex that even I couldn't follow it (Smile please!) and then I realised I was actually ending up coming back to the topic I teach - in this case, fixation (an aspect of my bipolar self).

But take hope. I am getting my writing off topic now and moving on or back to other topics. Though it takes a degree of self discipline on my part.

Perhaps reviewing on here is my own form of therapy. It takes me out of my own world and into that of others.

Tamm31, you are capable of mixing and matching. I believe you have a duty of care (sorry to place this obligation on you) to tell us about the lessons of your life so that we can all better see, understand and act. But I know you are equally capable of writing off topic and ending up in the elusive other forms of writing you wish to achieve.

If I keep on coming back to you, in my reviewing it is because it attracts me by its honesty and I see many parallels.

But more than that, I feel I have a duty to you, an obligation to encourage you to do what I have tried to achieve and promote your writing.

This is a brief reflective piece. It is not fiction. It is not even a life story. I would class it as an essay (Non-fiction) firmly fixed in the world of reality, yours and ours.

And in writing us an essay, it itself remains well written.

Keep going.

I hope it helps that I keep coming back to your writing.

In a way I feel I should apologise. But then I know I shouldn't. What you have to say means something. It should to us all.

With my kindest and most well meaning regards as ever

James

Posted 11 Years Ago


James Hanna-Magill

11 Years Ago

Dear Tamm31

Thank you for your kind comments.

Parallels?

Read.. read more
Alex Falkner

11 Years Ago

I will, And congratulations, wishing you all the best.
James Hanna-Magill

11 Years Ago

Thank you
Hm. I looked up Nia...Those f*****g c***s think they're so tough abusing a THREE year old to death. Children are people. They may be small and uncertain, but they think and live just like an adult. The only advantage these lesser sacks of piss ever had is age. And age doesn't mean s**t. It's just a f*****g number. That 'mother' deserves worse. I hope wrinkled tits here never leaves prison. Ever.

Everytime I read your work...I get so angry. I apologize for my language, if it offends. But writing about this helps bring attention to situations like these. Keep writing about them.



Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Alex Falkner

11 Years Ago

I thank you for reading my work, But I thank you so much more for taking the time to read someone el.. read more
char

11 Years Ago

I should be thanking you. Someday, I'll help these kids when I'm older and more influential. Thanks,.. read more
Alex Falkner

11 Years Ago

And I'm sure you'll be damn good at it. :)
Thank you, and you're welcome.
I know this sounds awful, but I feel ambivalent about healing.
I mean, I wouldn't wish trauma on anyone, but there's also a kind of depth and compassion that comes with it, that can help you to intimately understand other people in a way people who haven't experienced trauma can't. Healing is weird-- you might be able to get over one traumatic event in a week, but another might haunt you till you die. Keeping your wounds fresh gives you access to the raw emotion that makes you human and makes life intense, vibrant, worth living, while healed scars can feel numb and dead. I'm not saying I envy people who are struggling with trauma-- i definitely don't-- but i respect that they have something special, not good or bad, that lets them see the world differently.

In my high school, there was a suicide every year, probably because public school in the US is run like a prison, full of dysfunctional drug-addicted animals. It took time and mistakes with harsh consequences to recognize a call for help when I heard it, but also remember that when someone dies, it's not my fault. It's tough to balance, because so many of us struggle, and at the end of the day, we're the only ones who can help ourselves.

Sorry, my review kinda turned into a confessional, so as for what you opened up writing about:

I think your mind knows what you need to do, I think writing is a way for your subconscious to work through things sometime, and fantasy or not, let your muse pick your genre and listen to what it's telling you to do, because it's probably ultimately going to take you to a good place, It may start with a struggle, reach a climactic conflict but that's how you reach the happy ending, which is exactly where I think you deserve to be.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Alex Falkner

11 Years Ago

Thank you for reading my work, I agree with you on most of your comments.
When you say keeping.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 17, 2013
Last Updated on June 1, 2015

Author

Alex Falkner
Alex Falkner

South canterbury, New Zealand



About
I have always been a very solitary person, I am 31 years old, and have suffered with depression for about 25. (if you think it doesn't add up, read slices of life) I have also suffered with agorap.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Alex Falkner


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Alex Falkner



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by C. L. Aemon