My life

My life

A Poem by tanaya
"

A poem I wrote while I am in a bad place...

"
 

Falling

Again and again

In the face of death

 

Cold metal

Helpful metal

Evil metal

 

Black paints my heart

My mind swirling in the abyss of insanity

Never coming back

 

My will crumbles

In the face of truth

In the face of life

 

The hard truth

A hard life

 

Stinging pain

Dripping red

Numbing me

 

Take me away

Give me my freedom

Give me my life

 

Death comes

Welcome me

With cold arms

 

Drifting away

Loosing myself

Forgetting all

 

Death

Pain

Numb

 

My life

© 2011 tanaya


Author's Note

tanaya
Please comment!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
ATG
A very depressing, but well written poem. The tone of this was pretty good and word choice was great. Overall, a good poem with a depressing tone.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Falling through endless black holes and pits of despair and desperation from the lives we live, it's all a horror film. I've found that nothing can change the scars on my body, inside or out, and nothing can take them away. It's my life story. But its not a pretty one. Once again, powerful words with emotional turmoil inside of them. Astonishing write you have given, and a brave ending. What more can I say? I'm speechless at the motion.

Posted 12 Years Ago


When we free-fall and have no place to go. It can be a scary place to be. I like the feel and emotion in this poem. A strong ending to a outstanding poem.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


You've blackened the ashes of your heart and used them as the ink to write this haven't you? Well then You've done a good job cause it blleds out of the screen onto the reader and covers them in your life. Not bad at all...!

Posted 12 Years Ago


You have a fair share of the dark market cornered, I think.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Darkness and sorrow...hmm..
Two places to be, both together and apart.
Darkness is the obvious
Sorrow we experience for many reasons. Loss, inadequacy,
Even from hating ourselves. Tragic they all seem...maybe, but the chill of metal is not going to help slice them away. These words you wrote are extremely deep and very powerful, coming from inside. Darkness?? There is always a small nite light to be found, (if you look hard enough) Start with blocking the reflection in the metal. Very thought out piece you have created here. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Nothing more sad than the need of release when it cannot be found in any other form than by the razors kiss, I see from your poetry real talent for both imagery and emotion, never sacrifice this talent to the knife for it will never apprieciate it as we do.
Dark thoughts penned with punch.
Keep em' coming

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
KT
Really beautiful poem! It was kinda sad though, but that's not a bad thing. :) I have felt like this many times over the years, so I can relate to it quite well. Outstanding job!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I remember being in these places myself.. there's nothing worse then hitting the bottom and not giving a s**t about looking up.. Well penned..xx

Posted 12 Years Ago


Dang this was sad... but it was a great read and your choice of syntax really contributed to the effect that the poem had on the reader. Fantastic job!

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

486 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on December 5, 2011
Last Updated on December 5, 2011

Author

tanaya
tanaya

Wyoming, NSW, Australia



About
Hi! My name is Tanaya Smith :) Pleased to meet your acquaintance :) I am 16 in year 11. I live in Australia. My natural hair colour is blonde but there were to many sterotypes along .. more..

Writing
Mummy! Daddy! Mummy! Daddy!

A Poem by tanaya


Flick Flick

A Poem by tanaya



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..