Symphony of longing in the rain

Symphony of longing in the rain

A Story by Tanvi
"

a contemporary romantic drama that delves into love, longing, memories, and introspection amidst a backdrop of rain-soaked streets.

"
Symphony of longing in the rain


Memories of this place, particularly this street, linger vividly in my mind, for as I walked upon it, you graced its grounds with ethereal beauty and a dance of effortless grace. You painted your essence upon its canvas so effortlessly that I am left feeling almost guilty for treading upon such art. 
The clouds were heavy after all they carried their sorrows with them until it was finally time for them to cascade into gentle rain. I felt the droplets wet the frames of my glasses making my vision blurry just like how our future was.
I tried to replace you, find another you, forget the things we did together, watch you drift away, tried to let you go and yet…I still can’t get over the way you looked at me  in a room full of people like I was the only thing that mattered. My dreams felt like heaven but all I dreamt of was you. My time with you was surreal. One minute with you felt like an eternity and so did 1 minute without you. 
I tried to get myself to love you and it just wasn't physically in me to do it again. All over again. But I still miss  the little crinkles around your eyes when you smile, the little dimples on both sides of your cheek. Words are really hard to describe the effect you have on me. 
But the wind roared and uprooted trees and orchestrated a symphony of swaying branches. You were the wind and I was just one of those trees dancing to the melody of your singing heart. 
Time passed, I was drowning in your memories and the rain wet my soul. It washed away the lingering memories of you, leaving me to stare into the emptiness of my heart…

© 2023 Tanvi


Author's Note

Tanvi
Open for suggestions and honest reviews

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

55 Views
Added on September 19, 2023
Last Updated on October 27, 2023
Tags: hopeless romantic, longing, nature, beauty, rain

Author

Tanvi
Tanvi

Hong Kong, Hong Kong, Hong Kong



Writing