A journey into a bottomless tranquility

A journey into a bottomless tranquility

A Story by Tanvi
"

a tale of remorse and tragic consequences, a life consumed by guilt plunges into the depths of darkness.

"
  1. A journey into a bottomless tranquility 


  2. Everyone has something or someone that brings light into their life. Love is light, friendship is light, trust is light. That light of my life had faded away, bound in time and my mind forever. Now, everything seemed dark: mentally, physically, emotionally.


    When you think about the word 'dark', we all think about infinite dark spaces that have some radiance like the sun. The sun and the moon are two opposites, and yet neither is complete without the other. The moon would just be another hard substance floating around in the void of space unless it reflects the light of the glorious, mighty sun. The sun's purpose is to bring joy to this world during the day and night. The moon was just a substitute for the sun at night, and yet without the sun, it would be useless. The sun wouldn't fulfil its purpose without shining its bright light even at night. Just like that, the two opposites were me and her... I was the moon, and she was the sun.




    I closed my eyes, surrendering to the guilt that filled the atmosphere, recalling every memory of her death that I caused. No one knew that, no one could ever because if they did, they would... I tried not to think more, but I knew that slowly this would lead to the end of me, and I would be just another memory slowly lost in this huge universe. I belonged between anywhere and nowhere; I was anyone who had no one to tell this to but herself. So, again, I repeat the story. For that night was darker than a starless night, one with no moon to shine its light. Fooled by someone was me, captured in the very blue sea. Not my fault, but yet I blame myself for her bloodshed. I was high, not on emotions for the very first time. I didn't want to consume them, but again, who was I? A silly teenager who goofed around and became the cause of the death of her best friend.


    My hands shook, vision blurry, and I thought that she was the one who wronged me. Still shaking hands managed to push her down the shore and into the sea, never to be seen ever again. Realisation only struck me when I heard the familiar voice scream and call for help as she drowned in the bottomless tranquillity.


    I opened my eyes as I found my hands trailing up to my neck, which had a scar with fresh red blood on it. The scar was nothing but a symbol; a symbol to wave goodbye to my life. The blood flowed down a path from my neck to my stomach until it reached the floor. My body grew numb, and my head was heavy. It hit against the bed that was behind me, not having the energy to stay upright anymore.


    I could now see out of the window. The stars, planets, and galaxies were all hidden behind the blanket worn by the earth. It was a dark blanket indeed, maybe to protect us from things we can't see really. I breathed in the last part of the guilt, and suddenly, it all went dark, and I sank into the same bottomless tranquillity as her."

© 2023 Tanvi


Author's Note

Tanvi
Hope yall enjoyed this lil piece

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

72 Views
Added on September 21, 2023
Last Updated on September 21, 2023
Tags: Guilt, Darkness, Tragic consequences, Remorse, Internal struggle, Interconnectedness, Despair, Regret, Emotional, Turmoil, Self-Blame, Surrender

Author

Tanvi
Tanvi

Hong Kong, Hong Kong, Hong Kong



Writing