When love becomes a mere memory

When love becomes a mere memory

A Story by Tanvi
"

a soul-stirring tale of love's evolution, as time weaves its intricate tapestry of nostalgia.

"

When love becomes a mere memory


Time passes, like it would but it brings along changes, sometimes they are really good while sometimes they can lead a person down the drain. It can also make you realise your mistakes and sometimes make you regret your choices. But for me and you, time passed, our time passed, we became odd to each other. 

We are now just strangers who once shared everything from little eye glances in a crowded room to passionate kisses on dark nights. We walked together till the destination we were destined to reach and then bid goodbye to our old selves. I never wanted this to happen. Never wanted to let go. If I knew this is how we were going to end up to be I would have listened to you.

 My plan was to live life with no regrets but as each day passes by, my regret grows and I fear one day it might as well stay with me forever. Now, if I could do something to get you back, I would, if it was to get you your favourite yellow sunflowers or plead  fate to make us one all over again. It would be worth it because your voice is still stuck in my head, your words replay in my head, your soft touch still traces over my skin, my nose is still familiar to your strawberry scent and my heart…. it still feels your love. Even though my stomach is slowly forgetting these butterflies that you had given me each time you were around or when our hands touched. You were the sun in my life and now lost, in this everlasting terror of the dark knight. This night had no moon to even show your presence, you were lost, lost physically but never from my foggy mind and heart. I live to the hope that one day you miss me like the way I do. I miss those pointless conversations about nothing to everything, those midnight texts, random I love you's , unexpected hugs, planned surprises, cute dates. We had everything, everything a relationship could need. Well, it’s not like I didn’t try to move on from you, I did indeed. But you scarred my heart, a scar that seemingly never disappears. I still miss you, miss you more than you could even think of, especially those comforting cuddles and drowning eyes. Not even a billion centuries is enough time to write down how much I love you. I still miss your love only if you felt the same way maybe then we would still have a 2nd chance…… maybe.


© 2023 Tanvi


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

56 Views
Added on September 19, 2023
Last Updated on September 19, 2023
Tags: Love, Time, Nostalgia, Regret, Longing, Second Chances, Pain

Author

Tanvi
Tanvi

Hong Kong, Hong Kong, Hong Kong



Writing