Clowns

Clowns

A Story by Tapher
"

It's only the unknown that scares us.

"
Clowns, who are they? Why do many people fear them? I find it ironic. People afraid of things that are supposed to make them laugh and be happy. Who are they? It's just an everyday person, much like you and I, but yet, what makes you fear them? They are people. They have work, put on some silly makeup, some clothes that are completely crazy, all in bright colors and a big red nose. They come into a strangers place or event and leave all their problems behind to entertain you. Is that a bad thing? Sure, with them being behind all them clothes and makeup, its normal to be wary of a stranger, but you're only afraid of the unknown, of who they are and what they do, but it's just a clown, it's just a person. Unless of course you think of a clown a simple place for the insane to use as cover. An easy way for them to hide in plane sight. to help them attack those unaware of the clear and present danger lurking around them. Perhaps that is why I love clowns. The shear reality of their humanity. The awkwardness of their presence. The beasts that use the innocent cover, and the insane that call it home. Yes, that is why i love clowns, because they are the most ironic fear of all.

© 2012 Tapher


Author's Note

Tapher
its just a little something i wrote, i hope you enjoy it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

BooHoo! I was already terrified of clowns after I watched an episode of The Adventures Of Sarah-Jane Smith where the villian was an evil, kidnapping, stalkering, creepy, alien clown! Now I'm even more terrified! A good reason for my fear though. I guess it's just the mutation of something so supposedly innocent and childlike that makes it so scary...I mean I guess that's why people think children who kill people are the most terrifying killers, and also why Alice In Wonderland and Through The Looking Glass are considered so warped and creepy...Meh.
We'll see...probably...maybe..unlikely-ly...okay, most likely not...*sulking* '+_+'

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
1 Review
Added on April 16, 2012
Last Updated on April 20, 2012
Tags: Clowns, fear, random, crazy

Author

Tapher
Tapher

Greenfield, IN



About
Hey there, my name is Chris. I enjoy writing of all kinds and enjoy writing them as well, my favorite styles to write include many dark or deep backgrounds, although I do commonly write about personal.. more..

Writing
Post-Past Post-Past

A Story by Tapher


Spring Broken Spring Broken

A Story by Tapher


Butterflies Butterflies

A Story by Tapher