Two Halfs of One

Two Halfs of One

A Story by Tapher
"

We are the voice of reason and yet also the voice of self consideration.

"

I just got home from school and walked through my front door. My home was large and extremely white. It was nice for todays standards. I walked through the living room first, my dad was sitting in his recliner watching football.

"Hey old sport, how was school?" he asked

"Oh you know, same old, same old." I replied. He gave me a smile and nod. He knows how school is. I'm pretty smart and i always work hard an do as I'm told. I know he is proud of me, but I guess i can't complain about that. I continued into the kitchen. I opened the fridge and grabbed a small bottle of cherry flavored juice, the usual. I twisted the cap off and took a gulp, it was cold and tangy. My mom walked into the kitchen as well.

"Hey you." she said with a smile.

"Hey." I said.

"I'm going to pick up your sister from practice and we will see you in a bit, you think you 2 men will be fine here all by yourselves?"

"What's the worst that could happen?" I said with a raised eyebrow. She smiled, grabbed her keys, gave dad a kiss and said "Bye hunny, bye zak!" and left. I walked into my room. My friend was in there.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" I asked

"Just wondering what your problem was today?" he said.

"I thought we were going to leave it where it lay?"

"You just left him there ya know?"

"WE left him there. You cant pin this all on me kaZ."

"No, I told you clearly to stop them. They hurt him bad Zak, real bad, he is in the hospital now. That boy is in critical condition, and you just left him there to be punished by those other boys. What the hell is your deal man? What happened to you?"

"Me? Where have you been? You haven't done anything to help me lately, but stand on the sidelines and just tell me what to do. You yourself hasn't done anything."
"You have completely forgotten what you used to be Zak, who you were."

"Who am I now, kaZ, huh? All i ever do is follow the rules, all I am is the good little boy, I never get to live my life, be adventurous, but no, I am nothing but the reject. I don't want to be the nerd anymore, I want to just go on with my life-"

"Why?! We were such good partners Zak, we always did the right thing and helpped all those that needed it."

"Well now I'm in control kaZ, and i choose to live my life my way. You know what? I've learned that no matter what, those other people will never take consideration of me and you know thats true. No one on this god forsaken planet, will truely ever give a f**k about us. About me. I don't care I have those good grades, those fantastic memories of making others happy, where has it gotten me? nowhere. I'm not good for anything." I turned to the mirror. "kaZ, why don't you understand?"

"Because I'm supposed to be the voice of reason Zak."

"I'm sorry, but life has no reason any longer." I turned and walked out of my room.

© 2012 Tapher


Author's Note

Tapher
It is the part of us, that when you gaze into a mirror, your faults come spewing out, and a little voice tells us how to better ourselves, and though sometimes we agree to change, we almost never do. That is why people don't like their reflections, because it shows them what is wrong.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

"Because I'm supposed to be the voice of reason Zak." I like that line, maybe it is the heavy responsibility of being the voice of reason.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 25, 2012
Last Updated on April 25, 2012

Author

Tapher
Tapher

Greenfield, IN



About
Hey there, my name is Chris. I enjoy writing of all kinds and enjoy writing them as well, my favorite styles to write include many dark or deep backgrounds, although I do commonly write about personal.. more..

Writing
Post-Past Post-Past

A Story by Tapher


Spring Broken Spring Broken

A Story by Tapher


Butterflies Butterflies

A Story by Tapher