....

....

A Story by Tasha Gower

She sat there, indulging in a well deserved drink. She hadn't drunk in six months, it was all going well, and then she felt the urge. The uncontrollable urge. It was like a switch had gone off in her brain saying she had to drink, just to dull the everlasting agony that were her thoughts. The swirling and twisting of her mind made her feel ill, longing for this to end. The vodka did that. It took the nonsense and irrefutable thinkings away, they were taken away temporarily by the numbness of the alcohol. It made it better... It made everything OK.

© 2015 Tasha Gower


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

The thoughts of an alcoholic. Nice write

Posted 5 Years Ago


I truly understand this as a personal feeling of being an alcoholic. I was doing great one night years ago I stopped for 3 weeks telling no one laying in bed freezing shivers of shakes. My friends call me ask me to go out and I said no well I had a friend come by beating on the door for an hour. He begs me to go and I told him I just stopped and was worried id do so again. I went did great for an hour the breaker overloaded and it, like everything went to spinning really fast and voices, became 1 by 1 I lost control and had 2 shots and said time for me to go. I lost my so called caring friends that night but learned I was better off.

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

168 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 28, 2015
Last Updated on January 28, 2015

Author

Tasha Gower
Tasha Gower

Essex, Colchester, United Kingdom



Writing
...... ......

A Story by Tasha Gower


Then. Then.

A Story by Tasha Gower