Intro to Maybe a Chapter

Intro to Maybe a Chapter

A Story by Tasha Gower

Stumbling and tripping over the entwined undergrowth, her sore and blistered feet seemed to have a mind of their own; somehow finding a way through the sodden earth and entangled roots. She could feel the dirt seeping through her trainers, weighing her down more with each desperate step. The boggy earth felt as if it was slowly engulfing her, enjoying and savouring every moment of torment it caused. The looming trees seemed never ending, no horizon in sight, no sunlight creeping through the dense leaves. Cold air pierced her lungs, every breath like shards of glass; the agonising pressure in her chest was too much for her fragile body to handle. Every muscle burning from over exertion, she could feel the weight of her body straining her weak legs with every movement. How long had she been running? Minutes? Hours? It felt more like days.

 

With every breath came unwavering fatigue, it felt like she had run a marathon, maybe she had. With no knowledge of where she was to begin with and no sense of time, she could be anywhere, or nowhere.

***********************

© 2016 Tasha Gower


Author's Note

Tasha Gower
Any ideas in how to lengthen this? I'm stuck! Thank you :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the beginning, it's very interesting and intriguing. I can say there is a plot. However, you ask how to lengthen this I suggest that you describe the character to the readers. The activity of the character is sure very interesting here but the Characterization may help to lengthen this intro plus reader will also be to draw character in their head.

Thank you.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Very good intro. How much longer do you want to extend it.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Tsubaki Kuro

8 Years Ago

Okay sure. I would love to help you out.
Tasha Gower

8 Years Ago

Thank you, private message me if you would like.
Tsubaki Kuro

8 Years Ago

Sure thing Tasha

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

323 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 19, 2016
Last Updated on February 19, 2016

Author

Tasha Gower
Tasha Gower

Essex, Colchester, United Kingdom



Writing
...... ......

A Story by Tasha Gower


.... ....

A Story by Tasha Gower


Then. Then.

A Story by Tasha Gower



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..