The Enslaved

The Enslaved

A Story by Tasha
"

A story about a dragon who enslaves princesses and lay towns to ruins.

"
Aren't you tired of all the happy endings in stories? Real life doesn't have happy endings, so why should stories? Well, here's a story with a bit of a sad ending. Nothing like a fun little sad story to brighten up your day :)

The princess found herself face to face with the fire-breathing dragon. The dragon burned down her castle and everyone living in it. Except for her, of course. This particular dragon liked kidnapping princesses. That is how Princess Ramira found herself dangling from the talons of the great beast. He took her to a cave, filled with all kinds of treasures.

"Oh dear dragon, what are you going to do with me?" cried the princess.
"You shall be my slave for eternity!" roared the dragon.
It was then that she noticed all  of the other princesses spread out around the treasures.

So, many years passed as the princess slaved away. Her daily task was to polish the dragon's hoard. Once in awhile the mighty dragon would bring a new princess to slave away. One day a handsome prince, still alive from the burnings of his city, followed the dragon up the mountain to his cave. He hid behind a rock as the dragon took off once again.

The prince, his name doesn't matter for he shan't live long, glanced around him and saw the beautiful princesses hard at work polishing the gold and silver that the dragon worked so easy to get. He became filled with rage and demanded them to stop.

"I am here to rescue you, o beautiful maidens! I will kill the dragon and free you all!" he shouted. At that moment the dragon flew up on the mountain. Princess Ramira shouted for the brave prince to look behind him but it was far too late because he was already in the dragon's belly. From that day on, no one ever bothered to come up the mountain again and women of all ages were forced to polish diamonds and jewelry until they died.


The End.

I warned you that it wasn't going to be the happy ending you were used to. You thought it was just a hook to pull you in ehh, well, nope.
Well, it's not over yet.

One bleak day, after hundreds of years of the dragon's power, the women rose up. They searched the hoard of treasure for warrior's swords and other sharp objects. Many of them found what they were looking for. They all hid behind giant rocks. One day as the dragon came back with another princess, they all attacked him. They were all scorched at that moment.

I started to get your hopes up ehh, well, sorry.

But, hold on, there's more to this story.

He scorched all but one. This was a young girl who was taken from her kingdom at the age of 8. She noticed a bare belly under the dragon, not covered with thick skin and scales like the rest of him, and stabbed her sword right in it. The dragon toppled over her and that was the end of the both of them.

Not the happy ending you was hoping for but at least the dragon could no longer destroy towns and kingdoms, enslave princesses until the end of their lives, and kill millions of innocent people. Unfortunately there weren't much kings and queens left since the princesses were being kidnapped and couldn't make more kings and queens through their offspring. This is how the democratic system and presidency came to be. Not really.

The End.
Seriously, it's the end now.
Fine, do you want me to say it? Ok, I'll say it.
And they all lived happily ever after.
There, satisfied?

© 2012 Tasha


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I applaud you for taking a different approach to a fairy tale than the usual. Although I was not too excited about the notes within the story, this shows a bit more real life than others.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tasha

11 Years Ago

Thanks. I probably shouldn't have added the notes.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 12, 2012
Last Updated on August 28, 2012
Tags: Fairytale, Happy, Ending, Princess, Dragon, Prince

Author

Tasha
Tasha

AL



About
I love to read and write, and I suspect so do many of you. I started writing on Friday, May 27, 2011. I have the dates on everything I've ever written, don't ask why. I started reading, according to m.. more..

Writing
Happy Soul Happy Soul

A Story by Tasha