My Mother's a Werewolf?

My Mother's a Werewolf?

A Story by Tasha

I drunk the Mullein Tea that my mother gave me, hoping to get better. I didn't go to school today because I was sick, but not sick enough to go to the hospital. So, I lay there in bed with the cup that just a few minutes earlier held my Mullein Tea.

"Mother!" I called. She didn't answer so I assumed she didn't hear me. "Mot...," I was interrupted by a loud sound. It was my door screeching open. "It's about time mother," I said without looking up. I heard deep breathing. "Gee wiz mother, are you coming down with something, too?" I asked. The breathing sped up. Finally, I ventured to look up.

What was in my room was in no way my other. It was a wolf. Not just any wolf though, a werewolf. Actually, a she-werewolf if there was such a thing. I guess there was though, because there she stood. There was brown hair everywhere. It growled. I could see its fangs, and the beast's eyes glowed a violent red.

I don't why I wasn't scared, but perhaps I thought that it was all just a dream. "Oh mother, didn't I tell you that your boyfriend was a werewolf? I knew it all along. And, now look at you," I said shaking my head and playing along with what I thought was a dream. I really did suspect that her boyfriend was a werewolf though, that part was true.

The beast growled furiously and picked me up. It lifted me up until I was right before its mouth. I still wasn't scared in the least bit, though. "My, what big teeth you have," I said, quoting my favorite part of Little Red Ridinghood. It roared and I felt its hot breath on my face. "No, your line is supposed to be, 'the better to eat you with!'!" I said jokingly.

All of a sudden, I didn't know whether it was my cheesy way of copying Little Red, or the fact that the wolf recognized my voice and knew that she was about to eat her only child, but she lowered me down back safely to the ground. Then, as if she didn't want to cause me any harm, she leaped right through my window, cracked it open, mind you, and ran off into the darkness.

Well, after all of this I certainly wasn't in the least bit sick anymore. But, I just went to sleep in my comfy old bed. The next morning, did I mention that I thought the previous night was all a dream, the first thing I noticed was my cracked window. Well, that proved that the event was real, didn't it? Then, with the super power that moms seem to come with to know when you woke up, my mother walked right into my room and said, "Good morning, dear." In no way was she a werewolf, now.

"And that's why I made it to school late. I was obviously tired out from me almost being wolf dinner, although I didn't even know it at the time, and my mom let me sleep in.," I concluded. My teacher and class laughed like it was a joke. But, I was serious. It was all true. Why were they laughing?

© 2012 Tasha


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

125 Views
Added on October 30, 2012
Last Updated on October 30, 2012

Author

Tasha
Tasha

AL



About
I love to read and write, and I suspect so do many of you. I started writing on Friday, May 27, 2011. I have the dates on everything I've ever written, don't ask why. I started reading, according to m.. more..

Writing
Happy Soul Happy Soul

A Story by Tasha