LIFE-TRIALS

LIFE-TRIALS

A Story by Tasi83











- I do not care! Go and solve it! Don't let me do everything for you all the time! F**k it! - the voice of the beautiful, bronze-brown, model-shaped woman with exotic features snapped in the air, when the broken, disillusioned man in his thirties came home one fine day saying that he would like to go abroad, because it is simply impossible for him to get a normal, well-paid job here. and simply no one appreciates and appreciates the work you do. In addition, even his salary is a rabbit's tail due to the changing inflation rate.

- Baby! Maybe sit down for a minute and talk things out! I've already packed everything and I want you to come with me! - he crouched in front of the armchair in the living room, where his girlfriend was sitting sulking.

"You're being silly, aren't you?" Not to mention abroad! Do you have any idea how much everything costs?! And if you go out, who will help you there?! Look at you! You are a pitiful, little-faithful, unfortunate wretch, and will be for as long as the world lasts! You can expect me to go abroad with you! Better to break up then! - he crossed his hands in front of him and answered in a hysterical voice.

"I wouldn't have thought that about you, honey!" I really don't! I thought that at least you would tell your version of my decision and we would come up with something together to get along! - she tried to force on herself the crumbs of sane composure, as much as was left of her, while it was still apparent to her friend that she was straining the nerves of a troubled hangman's rope to the point of a pimple, and she would prefer to strangle her partner immediately.

"But this is a big battle situation, and if you don't like my opinion, then my bugger is going up and down!" By the way, just so you know, I slept with Tibi while you were at work! What do you think about this?! - the statement came from the tiny mouth like some kind of euphoria, or the glory of victory, to which, in many cases, the response is usually bursting with self-righteous swagger. This totally upset and disappointed the sad man.

- Forgive me! How??? �" as someone who deliberately imitates that he hears a lot, he had to listen to it quite a few more times before he roughly understood the gist!

"Yes!" Please note that I slept with Tibi, and I can say that the sex with him was a million times better and wilder than with you! Well, sew a button on that, little friend! - with her proud head held high, her girlfriend looked like a self-proclaimed queen or a female peacock who could only boast of her ornate plumage.

"Well, that hit me in the chest!" - he felt that he could no longer support his slight overweight, so he was forced to sink down and sink into himself on the old sofa.

"The trouble with you is that you keep behaving as if you've been doing all this for a long time and are saying goodbye to your life!" But I still want to LIVE! Do you understand?! I'm not willing to waste my precious time with a certain person just because that person doesn't have four wheels and has no idea what the stinky s**t they want to do with me! That's it! I'm moving this week! - he stated intolerant of contradictions, and it seems that he does not even intend to change his established, firm opinion.

"You really scare me Laura!" I really wouldn't have thought that about you! What did I not do well? What was the mistake? Maybe I didn't try to give you everything? Even so, I worked thirty-six hours, even on weekends, to pay bills and utilities! I'm sorry if sometimes things together didn't turn out the way you imagined, but even then you shouldn't irresponsibly break up now!

- You see! That's why I have to get out of this relationship because of your teacher parenting! Pay attention! It was nice, it was good while it lasted, but it's over! You are now a free man! Get yourself another girl who buys all this dumb nonsense! And forget about me! he stated. They didn't even speak to each other that day, because later Laura's slightly snobbish girlfriends came over and they went to a trendy nightclub in the city center to let off steam.

For at least three and a half hours, the man tolerated the near-bankruptcy silence of his self-pity and inner pessimistic bitterness with speechless silence, when he violently, slightly nervously lest I forget anything at home, packed everything into his rolling, large zippered, modern travel suitcase and was already ready to leave it here, he renounces his former life.

Although the taxi was a bit expensive, he still ordered one and drove himself to Ferihegy to the main entrance of terminal two. The slightly idiotic joking taxi driver was even surprised to see the generous tip and would have liked to offer more of his services, but the man politely stopped him.

The scheduled flight to the United Kingdom also left two hours later. He had to deal with a sea of ​​bustling crowds of people, which was especially unusual for him, since up until now he had gone pretty much everywhere holding his girlfriend's hand, and he could always count on someone in his restless life. However, this has now completely changed by three hundred and sixty-five degrees.

The stewardess tried to greet everyone with a fake smile, and of course to assure all passengers that there would be nothing wrong, as the plane was safe. But the man always had such an ominous, ominous moment that what if the plane catches fire and starts to burn furiously or falls straight into the Atlantic Ocean teeming with sharks, then he can throw his thirty-nine years in the trash just like the unnecessary trash!

"Would you like to order something, dear Sir?" - asked a very pretty and beautiful young flight attendant with the obligatory charm and grin. It would have been so nice to have a little chat with him, or at least to get to know him, if we didn't have to give up on happiness once and for all. Nowadays, the eternal question came to him more and more in the form of self-mutilation: Is it possible to love him at all with all his trivial, childish faults?

As the plane taxied onto the wide, spacious runway and suddenly accelerated supersonic so that it had enough lift to lift the wings up, the man began to grip the arms of his chair with such convulsive terror that his hairy hands nearly turned green, and when the plane reached he took a deep breath at the desired cruising altitude and decided to try and rest for a while with his eyes closed. Unfortunately, a typical postmodern nomad-hippie man sat down next to him, who could be known at first sight to be a drug dealer or a criminal. Although the clothes do not make the man!

He felt his mind invaded by the expanded infinity between gradual dream and reality. It was as if he was wandering more and more desperately in a labyrinthine corridor, and no matter which way he wanted to go, new and new roads, forks, and intersections opened up from the road.

He was so tired that he fell asleep in the air between two parts of the world, and he only noticed that the captain of the plane informed the passengers that they would soon start landing at an overcrowded London airport.

He was grateful to the flight attendants that no one disturbed his sleep while he tiredly dozed off. It's lucky that he put all his important valuables in his suitcase, because there was a risk that the hippie-looking nomad might try to pickpocket them, and although he didn't expect this from anyone, his principle was "better to be safe than sorry".

Fortunately, one of his oldest university classmates was waiting for him at the airport, with whom, from the first minute they met, they could count on each other's help in almost everything. Thus, accommodation and other things could already be ticked off the list.

- Hello! Welcome to London! I hope you had a pleasant trip? - he asked with direct kindness as he kissed her brotherly on both sides. As a mother of two children, she had an incredibly bombastic body, which she achieved not only through training and a moderate diet, but rather through a kind of self-imposed expectation that a pretty woman should give herself at all levels. The man always felt a little self-doubt and complex no matter how many times he met people with "perfect bodies".

"Hello!" You are fantastically beautiful! How are the kids? he asked back. He liked the loving, cordial welcome.

"Oh, don't even say it!" Two real troublemakers, but I'm enjoying every minute of motherhood, even if my legs are torn off! And what about you, just tell me? �" my car is not far away! Come, I'll take you! Cheaper than a taxi! - she wanted to pull the apparently heavy suitcase with it, but he didn't let her carry the shoes.

"I see you haven't changed anything!" You are still a real gentleman who knows what women want! - he blushed pleasantly, and there was nothing to be ashamed of.

As the pretty woman swerved into the road with screeching wheels, the man was always impressed by the fact that the island country keeps to the left and that this does not cause any kind of trouble to the people who live here.

- I know what you mean? When I had to drive like this for the first time, I thought I wouldn't survive the day, but I reinvented myself brilliantly! �" she turned left, for a small sightseeing tour, to show the man the city where he would have to prosper. "I heard you had a girlfriend!" What's up with you guys?

"She recently broke up with me..." she confessed with a great deal of shame and sadness.

"Oh my dear friend!" I'm really sorry, but if anyone, you really didn't deserve this! But how could it happen?!

�" I think in recent years she didn't know what she wanted either, she finally announced that she had slept with Tibi! This whole prince's rant was very upsetting!

- I'm so sorry! Really, honestly. Then I think this trip abroad is a kind of forgetting! True?!

�" The truth is that I want to take on work and other things, because I felt like I was drowning back home! I have simply found that no one wants to give a job that can be used to make a decent living, so that you don't get caught up in it! And then let's not even talk about bills and utilities!

"Yes, I understand that perfectly!" I also came out with my husband because back home it would have been difficult to afford everything on one payment, and luckily we settled down here! Haven't you heard anything about our other group mates?

"Most of them are married, and someone already has three children!" I always feel like I'm in the back row, and I can't get along at all! Now, if you mean it?

- Of course! I understand!

The pretty woman parked in front of a neat, small brick-colored house with a small garden and a playground. This is rare in London.

"Well, this is where we live, my dear friend!"

"Just listen!" Please let me open the door for you! he asked.

The woman's femininity was pleasantly flattered that a gentleman down to his feet was so concerned with formalities.

"Oh!" You oblige! I always said you were a real knight! - she let the man open the car door for her and help her out.

- So? How about the house? A great little family nest, isn't it?

"Very much so!" Fantastic! Congratulations!

They both entered the house! The children were taken to kindergarten in the morning by their father, so they could discuss important matters undisturbed for quite some time.

"Would you like a coffee, a soft drink, or something?"

"Thank you!" Maybe a little latte if you have it!

- Of course! Immediately! �" the pretty woman had already gone out to the American-style, spacious kitchen with a serving counter and made some latte. He praised her precision for even adding heavy cream to the coffee and sprinkling the top with cocoa powder before returning to the dining area where they had originally settled.

- Thank you very much! - he already sipped it, because he felt that the mild caffeine gave him some courage and strength of spirit to continue.

- Willingly! Are you still writing this or that? he asked mysteriously, as if he had a guess or knew something.

"As a matter of fact, I've been doing it my whole life!"

�" That sounds very good, only because I have a friend or two who might be able to help you to get your writings printed! - he smiled falsely, because he definitely wanted to help his honest friend.

The tons of weights that he had been carrying throughout his life were rolled down one after the other from the man's heart as if a huge, heavy stone had rolled down. His blood ever! Now your life will get back on track, and hopefully you'll even be able to make some money!

"You don't even know how much you helped!" I really appreciate it! �" now he has become like a naughty, playful child who is really bursting with indescribable joy that he has finally achieved something in his miserable life.

"Let's not rush forward so much!" I only gave a very small advance, a kick-start! You still have a lot of work ahead of you, but I can say this much in advance that, knowing your attitude, it won't be difficult to get along here, and within a week you will be liked and there will be many people who will help you selflessly! In the meantime, you will live here and I hope you will like my cooking, but you can even buy yourself any food you want with your own salary.

Suddenly, the word salary, and the special privilege that comes with it, took on a new meaning. Finally, they don't make people believe. They don't promise, they don't make promises, and they don't lie back and forth, as in many castings or most job interviews.

"That sounds fantastic!" - he enthused, and finally felt able to face the uncertain future with confidence.

�" OK I'm also very happy, but now you have to see to your food, because the guys could be home any minute, and time has flown by! �" with that he already took out a large piece of meat from the large refrigerator, put it in the freezer and together they prepared lunch.

© 2023 Tasi83


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

31 Views
Added on April 11, 2023
Last Updated on April 11, 2023
Tags: contemporary, epic, short prose, prose short story, narrative

Author

Tasi83
Tasi83

Budapest, Budapest, Hungary



About
I was born on November 30, 1983 in Budapest! I studied Hungarian history at ELTE-TFK, BTK; history teacher. I'm editing ebooks! So far, I have published my volumes on Publió and Publishdrive as.. more..

Writing
TIME-SILENCER TIME-SILENCER

A Poem by Tasi83


SURE SURE

A Poem by Tasi83