SECOND CHILDHOOD

SECOND CHILDHOOD

A Story by Tasi83















He stayed a child on purpose. This was his favorite passion - especially when the so-called absolute adults came, conquered, or during a workshop, conference, or business conversation, they mentioned how much professional and financial respect is primary for them.

"Why should money define the damned everyday!" - he mused, then filled his own desk, and later his nicely decorated desk, mainly with plastic action figures and his favorite treasure toys from his childhood. Everything that was popular at the dawn of the nineties was here. At least six or seven Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle figures; batman figures, accessories and batmobiles in various order starting from the 1989 car to the latest Dark Knight vehicle etc.

If someone set foot here intentionally or by sheer chance, it would inevitably occur to him that Mr. Zsombor is not a centurion, and that he may be tormented by some mental affliction. And some of them, whispering among themselves, were definitely of the opinion that he was completely confused, his mind was broken, since his girlfriend - with whom he had been dating for three or four years -, neither with you nor without you, tried to maintain a relationship, neither word nor speech, left him and married a cool corporate lawyer to a consultant.

"Mr. Pócsik!" The ten o'clock students are waiting in the meeting room! What can I say? asked the enthusiastic, bespectacled secretary, who shouted that she could probably look forward to busy and meaningful activities all day long.

For Zsombor's pleasure, he played with his favorite action figures in a somewhat massive, expensive artificial leather office chair. He felt that he could finally experience his second childhood, which he had been missing for so long, since at that time he left home at the age of sixteen, because he wanted his constantly grumpy father, who was never satisfied with anything, to be properly proud of his one-eyed son, so he quickly had to give up his childhood.

"Yes... er... thank you very much..." he looked up at his secretary, who was staring at him with an uncomprehending expression, because he was kicked out of the game, and he really hated that, but a workplace is still a workplace. Most people like it, don't like it, they still go to work. "Please Jolan!" Tell me I'll be there in fifteen minutes! he said, and the secretary nodded and stormed out of the room.

It has happened countless times that on open days, when most parents are allowed to bring their adorable little ones to their workplace, Zsombor's office was filled with love for children from toddlers to teens, because they knew very well that in this office everyone can turn into a child again. , and if you want to win yourself a child, the most effective way is to become a child yourself!

One cannot be surprised that on such occasions the office was more like a playhouse or a playful daycare center, where there was a funny, whimsical adult who was constantly inventing new games and at least twenty or so small children who, like busy bees, surrounded everyone's beloved Uncle Zsombor , and by the time the day was over and the parents were about to take the children away, several small children really clung to Zsombor's feet like mischievous angels, because they loved him so much.

"But mommy!" Why do you have to go home already? Uncle Zsombor is so funny! - boys and girls said in this case.

The spirit of jealous envy reared its head almost immediately in most parents. What could Zsombor's secret be? Is there something wrong with him? And the greater the doubt, the more the parents were unable to accept the fact that children would need an incredible amount of love and patience. Well, most basic things shouldn't be forced.

On other occasions, it happened that after working hours some colleagues - who knows why? For good fun, or as a joke - he invited Zsombor to have a beer or a coffee, who gladly went with them if he could. In such cases, a strong rivalry and conquest competition developed, especially among his female colleagues, as to which of them he would go on a date with if he wanted to? And after Zsombor politely turned away such ambiguous approaches, the suspicion arose among his colleagues that he had settled down for a permanent bachelor.

"I think the guy is really bad!" Either bachelor or mommy's little boy! - were mainly the opinions of the female subordinates.

"I think it's really cute!" I can handle it! He especially gets along fantastically with children. others thought.

And it happened several times when Zsombor was invited to a party at a colleague's house, or to the usual exchange of ideas between adults and one of the children had problems with their homework, or with the lesson writing, Zsombor went to the children's room with an almost obedient, angelic patience and humility to help in the children's room and, if necessary, did maths, writing he helped, or if it happened, he questioned the child in question so that he wouldn't get a bad grade at school the next day, for which they were grateful to him again.

Then it happened that a new female colleague arrived at the workplace, whose professional preparation, aptitude, and intelligence were combined with fantastically charming, radiant beauty, and especially in a modern world, such privileged virtues do not necessarily go hand in hand. He was measured and extremely elegant, even if the black, office trousers and snow-white blazer reflected this at first glance. It may be true to say that a piece of clothing should be worn with a hold.

- Hi, I'm Fruzsina Mikolovics! he introduced himself when he entered his office. "All that!" You have a fantastic office! Do you own all these games? he asked with a dazed reverie. Even the very first meeting carried such a sense of fate. These two people had to meet.

"Uh... well... so... yes... hi..." he stammered, hesitating, his thinking cleared. "My name is Zsombor!" he answered, even though his name was written on the door and on the metal nameplate on his desk. He had never felt so stupid before, and in front of a fantastic lady. It was as if he had returned to his idiotic, testy, stumbling teenage years, when even the girls at high school didn't want to be friends with him because they thought he was too much of a Mr. Bean or Forest Gump.

"I'm sorry, did I accidentally disturb you?" he asked, blushing, but accompanied by a charming smile, which immediately makes people's hearts skip a beat.

"Uh... no way... Would you like something...?" he asked just to try to divert his creeping thoughts. "I'm done now! This woman has been exposed and is probably already running to blow the horn to the rest of my colleagues in the offices!” he drew a sad conclusion.

Fruzsina walked over to the spacious, wide desk as a curious person and picked up one of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles action figures.

- How lucky I would have been in the legendary nineties, if I could have at least collected the four turtles or at least Master Szecska. "He started playing with them as if he had been doing this all his life."

Before long, Jolán, the diligent, meticulous, pedantic secretary, was knocking on small things again:

"Mr. Zsombor, meeting soon!" Please come to the meeting room. - he stated measuredly, and when he saw Fruzsina, he nodded towards her and stormed off, as if he had more important things to do.

"I don't know if you know, but you're a very special guy and I like that a lot!" she looked at him flirtatiously.

"Well, well... thank you very much, but could I ask you something..."

"You can trust me!" I have been a man of my word all my life!

"If you don't have to, the majority shouldn't know about these toys!"

"You can relax, dear Zsombor!" I'm silent as the grave! And of course my number will be a lock! he noted kindly. "After work, of course, only if you'd like, we could sit somewhere!" I would like to get to know you a little better!

"Of course!" Why not? - he answered half-heartedly, and then both of them started towards the meeting room, fulfilling their duty.


© 2023 Tasi83


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

25 Views
Added on July 1, 2023
Last Updated on July 1, 2023
Tags: Contemporary, epic, short prose, prose, short story, literature

Author

Tasi83
Tasi83

Budapest, Budapest, Hungary



About
I was born on November 30, 1983 in Budapest! I studied Hungarian history at ELTE-TFK, BTK; history teacher. I'm editing ebooks! So far, I have published my volumes on Publió and Publishdrive as.. more..

Writing
TIME-SILENCER TIME-SILENCER

A Poem by Tasi83


SURE SURE

A Poem by Tasi83