DESCENT

DESCENT

A Story by Tasi83












  
He has always loved sitting among the aggasty, Methuselah-aged trees of the Károlyi Garden. It was as if he himself was a bit of a tired, lively old man, even though he was just a college student. A college student who, after graduating, really wanted to marry a partner on a subtropical island hidden in a coconut shell to marry a partner he thought he had found the love of his life.
He liked to watch the expectant mothers push their strollers, or �" if they wanted to - build a sand castle with their kids. How much he loved sifting golden, vibrating-grained sand in his infancy…
It’s even a wonder that this cozy little green area may have remained in the heart of the city center at all, because nowadays everything is ruthlessly either knocked down or cut out. But then a tree needs at least fifty to a hundred years before it grows into a straight-stemmed beauty that is resistant to the smooth changes of nature, and then comes some town planners ,, great ” for whom only profit, and the benefits matter and the majority don’t even notice, and from one minute to the next the city totally drowns.
There are also some petunias, geranium flower beds, which are sometimes cared for. He warned some babies kindly first and then a little more strictly when they deliberately began to tear and tease the petals of their favorite flowers:
�" Child! Please don't do this!
The two children may have been offended because one of the cheeky ones was already starting to stretch his sharp little tongue like he could do anything. But the man did not mind, only if the plants suffer the sins of human evil.
The park is surrounded by the neo-coco, circadian buildings of the �" mainly bushy tenement houses, which still exude the old, peacetime, century-old atmosphere. It's like cobor ghosts walking between them…
Old cobblestones are cut in two by the new easier-to-cracked decorative cladding. While some chip bags, a coffee stain leaking from a thrown paper cup dotted the brain-tattooed house walls.
The overall picture can be considered almost all-encompassing, average. One or two young teenagers in love smear first on the benches and then completely tangled in each other.
�" I love you Tibi! You are such a sex god that I am completely excited about you! �" shouts into the world the model seventeen-year-old, who can see for a long time that he has greatly exaggerated makeup and the exhibitionist flame of his dominating body.
A homeless person takes a seat right on the bench next to the college student. Apparently his wine-flowered face leaves almost no doubt that this shipwrecked man, pushed to the fringes by society, was drinking.
Only wandering, familiar memories rush at once. It was as if they immediately wanted to break into his well-arranged life so far. How long ago it was when his bride was clutching her tiny fingertips, maybe on this very bench. They acted like teenagers teasing each other.
They also visited Margaret Island several times and were always surprised at how many people throw a fity at public cleanliness, as if there were always a park guard or a person with a similar occupation near them, who picks up the trash instead. It annoyed them a lot and bothered them. Mainly the dreamy bride who loved the closeness of nature to admiration.
,,Why did this happen to him?! Did the chosen one of his heart actually leave because his newborn, handsome knight was a Ferrari, a luxury vacation home near the Maldives, and could walk in Bali and the ocean archipelago at least ten times in a single month?” �" hanger question. And as much and better as possible, he tries to articulate among the gears of his brain who made a mistake and who did what? It all seems more and more distant, unrecognizable.
�" Á! Is that you?! I didn't even know you liked to sit here yourself! �" settles next to him a typically clerk-type man. It was as if he was constantly staring at his watch. Who knows? Maybe he could have bought it for poisonous money recently. If you think about it now, he had a plastic-striped Casio watch that had been with him since he was a defining childhood, and with reality his heart squeezed into him when his poor quality strap broke.
�" Welcome! Well yes ... �" thinks about the other's life and then answers with a verse: "The years have come, gone…
�" Oh, well! Gyula Juhász? �" asks him for a bite. Maybe you like poems?
�" Exactly! Also a poem fan? �" is interested in a standard courtesy formula.
�" If I have time for it, I will be happy to stumble among the gems of literature! What about you?
�" I'm a little sorry that unknown, contemporary poets aren't dealt with at all these days! One has to play regularly if one wants to read a new poem from the new ones!
�" How right! �" pondered for a short time the other. �" These many calls for proposals, in my opinion, destroy creative freedom and cultural work! �" thought.
,,If this man now goes into the argument he swears he's already leaving the hell ” �" he thinks, but instead one starts telling a magic story about his life and tells it honestly, that in the last five to ten years somehow �" who knows why? -, his life derailed.
�" You know I wasn't always so torn off ... �" starts his lengthy, circular speech. �" The truth, unfortunately, is that this damn life is well exploited and trampled. Of course, self-pity cannot be a refuge, as many believe. I think it’s more of a kind of hidden psychological mechanism! Did you study psychology? �" turned to him.
�" Yes! This was mandatory for us at university!
�" What is your education? �" measures along with slightly intrusive precision.
�" History teacher, but I prefer the writer's name.
�" Oh! Well, my sincere congratulations! �" reaches out, but the other shows that he is vacillating that he accepts the outstretched right peace, or better if he retains his defiant independence. Eventually they have a hard time shaking hands. �" My adult son also cherishes such dreams in himself, but he says they will definitely choose a foreigner with his wife because here at home he says it is simply an inability to prosper, and evict in the labor market.
The other thought about this for a long time, then let the filtered, spawning light penetrate the emerald canons of the trees.
�" How is your life going now? �" was a straight, open, yet slightly carving question to which he was not at all accustomed. Of course, the other immediately noticed that he was touching on a delicate subject, but somehow he was still driven by the curiosity fed into people.
�" I've been working in a home office for a while ... �" replied distrustfully, but he didn't look at him like he was deliberately trying to hide something.
�" Oh or so! Interesting fact! You know I can say that life has given me lucky cards because I have created a nice little family and livable things around me!
,,Now they will come in order of the end-length is not lifeless, panty anecdotes about the livability of life! The paraphrase of Minha Milán Kundera would be embodied in the ruins of reality! ” �" pondered.
�" But I see what you mean now!
�" Well ... I don't think so, my dear sir ... �" asked for your own protection. He would have preferred to leave this slightly overbearing, strange style right now.
�" You know I think fate has a destiny! Many times I think about what the hell I’m looking for here when, for example, I’d love to try white water rafting, bundee jumping, or jump out if I need a parachute too, so I can feel a little bit, that I am human again! Do you understand this?!
�" I think I'm looking…
�" ... And then they drop back into reality again, as if wandering just between the maze of a lifeless, bad dream, whether stray or just lost souls. I think something is very wrong in the current world! Everyone just rushes back and forth while the majority forgets to experience the magic of simple yet eternal moments.
�" He told a great truth now!
�" Well ... I'm glad we met, and I'd add that if fate wants it, we'll meet again! �" shook hands, whether old colleagues or new friends, and the strange clerk man walked on while the other college-looking man stood up, walked out of the pleasant, cozy park, and took six or seven literary volumes in his path at an antique shop.

© 2023 Tasi83


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

37 Views
Added on July 8, 2023
Last Updated on July 8, 2023
Tags: Contemporary, epic, short prose, prose, short story, literature

Author

Tasi83
Tasi83

Budapest, Budapest, Hungary



About
I was born on November 30, 1983 in Budapest! I studied Hungarian history at ELTE-TFK, BTK; history teacher. I'm editing ebooks! So far, I have published my volumes on Publió and Publishdrive as.. more..

Writing
TIME-SILENCER TIME-SILENCER

A Poem by Tasi83


SURE SURE

A Poem by Tasi83