The oddities of life

The oddities of life

A Story by Tasi83









The moment it began to darken outside, his body was icy, frozen in fear. Like when a very small child is told by a seemingly stronger, so dominant parent, to finally be a man to the feet and not be afraid of the dark, and therefore deliberately lock him in a dark room, where all flickering brightness ceased.
As a cleaner, he got his job at one of the huge office buildings that liked a skyscraper. Even with �" seemingly - at least everyone appreciated it and treated it to the maximum as a person and appreciated his work at that minute, that he entered the reception space, overseen by gorilla security guards, on the large glazed revolving door, almost immediately felt like a sneaky, petty thief who was pretty much tolerated.
�" Good day! �" one of the guards spoke to him. �" Please put the bag on the counter! Regulation! �" replied as he held the remnants of his bald, skinny head that day, which he had known since he had been served.
He immediately panicked, and a pea-sized, engaged sweat began to bead in a ray, first along his back and then on his beaded forehead.
,,There is nothing wrong! This is the work of this b*****d! You didn't do anything wrong! You have nothing to fear! ” �" heard the word of his conscience, but he didn't want to believe him. He knew very well how these things were going. He had just seen enough syrupy action movies to realize if things were going to be a gimmick or not, he would be taken out and blamed first and foremost.
He quickly put his backpack on the counter before the marcona swell security guard could change his mind. He looked into the mouth of the bag, then waved lightly, and he happily escaped the smaller ramazur.
�" I kiss her hand Ilcsike is expensive! I know I'm speaking late, but I'd like to go a little earlier tonight if possible because I had family problems ... �" called the small mouse hole-sized office, which constantly smelled of prickly, unbearable disinfectant, as if one were in a hospital or operating room all day standing.
�" Well ... I'd love to let you go �" did it right away, which she always found humiliating for herself - but the thing is, the boss has a big check every Friday, and he loves it when everyone is in place! But if you manage to convince him, so be it! �" looked at him with a cunning, knife-turning smile.
�" Oh, well ... thank you for your help ... �" replied uncertainly and he went on because again that day you could only expect it to snow with work. In addition, forty office rooms, plus sixteen toilets, it is possible that the amount of crumbs promised to be hearty that day will be his, so the extra difficulty. Even so, he barely earned forty-two thousand. Bezzeg, who clean in Austria instead of others, would be worth a nice amount. But when will he get out abroad in life, when he is still lucky to be able to pay his bills at all and not take his daily lives out of loans.
He quickly walked up the marbled stairs to the third floor, and in a tiny hole where mostly detergents and stinky chemicals were also stored, he quickly changed into the mandatory work clothes. ,, Why are you here at all? �" ran through the brain at lightning speed. When you could sit nicely, comfortably, calmly, and certainly under esteemed conditions in a tastefully furnished, precise office while copying files or something like that. ”
The bitter truth, unfortunately, was that no matter how he tried to plan ahead and secure his average, slightly slippery life every minute, it was life that rewrote the rules of the game.
He quickly took over his work clothes, which he could boldly get dirty, as in the past one of the businessmen had unexpected diarrhea at eleven at night, and since he was alone on hand he had to do the dirty work attacked in the toilet ”.
But today he will indeed gather courage and humanize himself to talk to the boss because he definitely wanted some freedom.
He recently met a real lady who also had a business, and as soon as they started talking about culture and books, it was as if she immediately felt like they were on a common wavelength. Yet you won’t immediately initiate that you have a cleaning job, since how would that take you out? In the current absurd, lake-wide world, everyone is driving for money and financial resources. You want to make me happy, you want to impress. True, which is true, they are only at the beginning of their acquaintance, but they also feel each other without physical connections. You won't ruin this under any color! He decided.
He grabbed the mop mop and the ingredient was a slightly distasteful plastic red bucket and set off on his usual tour. He knocked politely to each office and wondered if he had eyes or had already done the work that day. There were one or two arrogant, teasing diva-like secretaries who sent her Caesar salad to Kukutyin in an ironic, cynical tone, or simply intentionally, and pushed his yogurt dressing turret straight onto the also distasteful green carpet �", of course, disguising his evil deed as a mere coincidence. As he experienced such and similar rubbish, his sense of justice spoke well.
How different it was when, after college, he believed that a decent editor would embrace him, saying that the realization of unknown talents was important, not just those, who already have a number of literary awards behind them.
Now came the office of the dreaded CEO. This influential, selfish, narcissistic, evil man from day one was an infectious splinter in the eyes of pretty much all the cleaners. It was as if he had deliberately not kept order so that the cleaners could be busy for an eternity.
�" Good evening Mr. Director! �" knocked on the door because he felt captured by persistent nausea.
�" What does Csillik want again ?! �" growled at him. He knew everyone by name.
�" I'm sorry, but ... so the trash and ... �" puffed a cigar in the Director's comfortable leather armchair and had a huge, gigantic poster called Godfather. from the film, of course, with Marlon Brando's face.
�" If you don't see yourself idiot no one's house I'm busy! �" reported blinded by poison. He missed a little bit of an unfortunate man tearing his head off.
�" Uh ... please ... I'll be back ... �" put himself together in immediate fear and immediately started to back down before something bigger went wrong.
�" Get the hell out of here! �" shouted out of himself.
�" Uh ... I'm already going ... �" opened the door so lightning fast and then closed the door behind it that it could have benefited an Olympic athlete.
He later took the papers for immediate destruction that day to the crush, which covered a bulky, huge container where the important, confidential documents were placed, after careful hands tore them to tiny, small fecniks. It also meant some extra money, though not too much.
Another good month passed again, and he got into work quite routinely. However, he was still able to totally panic over a single rubbish, obscene speech, or irritating tone, and gestures that could hardly be called other kinds of people. Shake with reality when it got dark and saw the magic number ten o'clock on the big office wall clock. He was always afraid he would miss the last subway train or bus, and then he could break his head a lot from the seemingly unknown second district at all to get home to the eleventh.
He had lucky evenings. At such times he was kind to almost everyone and surprisingly talkative, polite and direct. Her girlfriend also wanted to get to know her more and more, and she couldn’t help but marvel at how versatile her boyfriend was. However, to the question of what his real occupation is usually always given evasive answers.
It was still a Friday day, which almost no one takes death seriously, so he first boasted of meeting his girlfriend.
He caught a series of bad luck by washing the toilets again and cleaning them regularly, and once he had done that, he had to involuntarily check the other forty rooms so that they would not speak to the front of the house later. Even so, eleven in the evening passed when he said goodbye to security with exhausted and tired limbs, and of course he wished everyone a pleasant weekend.
There were some homeless people lurking in the subway, and some teenage b******s teasing each other. Although he was never antisocial, he learned early in time that if he didn’t have to, he wouldn’t unnecessarily get involved in unnecessary hassles and petty conflicts.
�" Hey dude! �" heard an arrogant suhanchang behind him. �" What are you skinny pig? Where are you going to my dick at this time ?! �" said menacingly again what he immediately felt, so he accelerated his footsteps a lot and prayed to himself that that damn train would just come, which you could know for yourself.
�" You skinny jizz! Add your wallet, but right away! �" roared after him, and it seemed as if he had also speeded up his steps. At least it sounded great.
The subway train braked at the station with an ominous squeak. All he realized was that he felt like he was testifying to death-defying courage simply by jumping into that train with a grasshopper jump and the brain, to just close those goddamn doors at last.
The teenage gang was lucky to fall behind. The raging s**t spat a huge turret on the subway door, signaling that next time Csilli might not have as much glaze as he does now.
He tried to sit down, but he felt his frantically pounding heart jump out of fear of death and panic. In a state like this, you might not have to meet pretty, beautiful but he still promised, and promise is a beautiful word!
He landed close to South Station because there was reportedly a restaurant there that was open until dawn. ,, Damn one! She didn't change! What does he look like? He looked at himself in one of the shop windows. Even a pathetic sewer filling who doesn’t even have a regular suit! True, which is true at today's prices ” �" Shamefully entered the restaurant, where he collided with a slightly unfriendly butler who immediately stood in his way and asked what he was ordering:
�" Can I help you, dear Lord? �" measured it contemptuously, suspiciously.
�" I would have an appointment with someone ... �" remarked with his head down as if he had made a mistake.
�" Well, I believe that, but unfortunately we have ... dress codes! �" measured it again strictly.
It was then that Csillik noticed her dreamy, exotic girlfriend, who in her evening-like, cleaved dress was the goddess miracle herself. He waved with a charming, wide smile while sitting at one of the tables, just about to rush to his friend's help. He also seemed to have risen from the table, and like a real goddess was already growing there in front of the butler:
�" Maybe there's a problem, dear sir ?! �" looked wolf-eyed at the astonished butler.
�" Uh ... this gentleman's outfit is not right here, my dear lady! �" reported measuredly.
�" Oh! Surely the Lord has a satisfactory excuse for it! However, you should not tolerate disrespect either! �" cut straight into his eyes, causing the butler to back away.
�" If you have any further questions, we will sit there! At that table! You see? �" asked hostilely, and the butler decided to turn his back and return to work a little ashamed instead of chasing others.
�" Hello Darling! �" kissed her friend on both sides of the face of the goddess lady. �" I see you may have had an exciting journey. �" He took out a handkerchief and was already carefully trying to soak up the sweat from the slapped man's forehead. �" Poor thing! What happened? I've been waiting for you for hours!
�" Well, one or two teenagers tried to ... rob ... �" replied.
�" What??? Did you file a complaint?!
�" Eleven o'clock at night and on Friday? �" asked back.
�" Really! You're right! But still! This rubbish!
�" Uh ... I haven't even said it, but you're incredibly heartbreaking in this dreamy dress! Forgive me for not being able to change ... �" tried to compliment me because she heard it was very good for every real woman.
�" But you're expensive! �" another kiss followed. �" How about I sit down at our table and talk a little!
�" All right! �" let his girlfriend lead him to the table.
Csillik immediately pulled out the chair in front of him and stared with a little intoxicated, euphoric happiness as such an extraordinary woman, special in every way, took a place to keep her clothes from creasing unnecessarily.
�" What day was it expensive? �" asked curiously.
�" Nothing special! One of the Directors almost shook my head because I should have worked in his office.
�" Well that's sad! Yet precise and reliable labor forces like you should be better valued!
�" This is already true! How was your day?
�" Morning trial and conference meeting, then I had a minor or two work in the office. I felt a little boring and monotonous! But now I'm so glad you met me! You look so tired! Is there just something wrong ?! �" asked sincerely worried.
�" Can I be quite honest? �" recited an innocent question because sooner or later he had to tell the truth.
�" Of course, honey! Feel free to trust me! Feel free to! Who with him! �" took his hand.
�" I ... am not what you believe…
�" Excuse me? I do not understand! It’s like you said you work in an office building in the second district.
�" That's right! But unfortunately not in office employee quality! �" moaned. Sooner or later this had to happen.
�" Then what do you work for? �" measured. He seemed a little disappointed and maybe disappointed.
�" Well ... I clean ... Forty rooms, plus sixteen toilets on each floor.
�" Á! I understand! �" seems to be a minor disappointment. �" Thank you for sharing with me! Then let's order something maybe?
�" Aren't you very angry? Aren't you angry or angry? �" asked with rounded eyes.
�" You are such a cute, kind person! I can really appreciate it if someone doesn’t brick and tell the truth! �" squeezed his hand confidentially and they had a good time with a magical smile worth millions. It was already two o'clock in the morning when he glanced at Csillik's sudden hour and realized with a panicked mood that he had missed the last flight he could go home with.
�" Now what's on your mind dear? �" asked vividly, as if he hadn't tickled him at night.
�" Do you just know how I'm going to get home when the night flight is gone? �" looked at him with desperate, boci eyes, like a sad little boy.
�" Nothing is wrong, honey! I can take you home! My car is parked here not far away!
�" Don't you think it's a little ... weird in a fresh relationship? �" recited a question.
�" I don't think it's completely natural! Why? Have you had negative experiences in the past?
�" Exactly…
�" Now you're probably wondering how much you can trust, but I reassure you darling! I play open cards and I like to think that someone else is as good at things as I am! �" was so hypnotic, intoxicating at the moment that Csillik would have liked to kiss her, yet he did not dare to spoil the pleasant night atmosphere, though his eyes were already really stuck, and this beautiful lady noticed it immediately.
�" You know what darling! How about we meet next weekend in, say, a pleasant park in the morning! I'm sure the conditions will be a little better then ... �" made a subtle hint, although his original intention was to call his friend to his apartment, but since Csillik was regularly dead tired he did not want this to affect their initial acquaintance.
He gestured to the waiter and then asked for the bill, even though they had barely consumed anything. He blushed pleasantly as the very tired and weary Csillik's oppressive yawning stood up again as he and the lady could gallantly embrace her in her arms.
The dog didn't walk on the dark, slightly lit streets. Csillik needed a lot of determined courage to successfully overcome not only his dislike of darkness but other factors of fear. He could hardly believe that a fantastically special woman had the privilege of being a friend and now they could walk together to the woman’s car.
�" This attentive gesture! �" remarked blushing again as Csillik opened the car door in front of him. �" I haven't met such a polite gentleman in a very long time.
Csillik also got in carefully and immediately attached the seat belt to himself.
�" Oh, don't be mad! Did you want to drive? �" asked when he had already started the engine with the lock key.
�" If it's okay, I'll mention I have no rights! �" spoke in a soft voice like he was telling a secret.
�" Another curiosity that came to light tonight. I look forward to introducing you to your parents. �" They turned out of the parking lot and Csillik told me all along where his girlfriend was going. In just fifteen minutes, they were already there for Csillik's slightly dilapidated panel apartment.
�" I had a great time darling! �" the girlfriend said, then leaned over the driver's seat a little and kissed the unsuspecting man emotionally, who had no say.
�" Uh ... that was really good ... �" moaned after a long time.
�" I greet your parents many times! I can’t wait to meet them in person! Then we're still talking on mobile! Relax, dear! �" waited for Csillik to get out and carefully close the door of his car. He drove away waving as Csillik could once again feel like a full-fledged man who had been gifted by life.








© 2023 Tasi83


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

25 Views
Added on July 21, 2023
Last Updated on July 21, 2023
Tags: Contemporary, epic, short prose, prose, short story, literature

Author

Tasi83
Tasi83

Budapest, Budapest, Hungary



About
I was born on November 30, 1983 in Budapest! I studied Hungarian history at ELTE-TFK, BTK; history teacher. I'm editing ebooks! So far, I have published my volumes on Publió and Publishdrive as.. more..

Writing
TIME-SILENCER TIME-SILENCER

A Poem by Tasi83


SURE SURE

A Poem by Tasi83