FRIENDSHIP-NOTES

FRIENDSHIP-NOTES

A Story by Tasi83










Two old childhood friends took a seat in a cozy, yet quiet city cafe-bar around the morning hours, which has recently become very popular among curious people. Young people could be found here, as well as snobs enjoying their own opportunities, but this did not bother the two girlfriends in the slightest.
"My girl!" I just don't understand you! You have your own business, you later bought a holiday home in Gárdony, you have business interests and the cart is running nicely, and then you paint like a pickle! �" a stylishly dressed woman took a big sip, and she took her own selfish exhibitionism a bit too far when she had to move among people. She achieved her flawless, slim figure through carefully regulated personal training and torturous inquisitional body control diets, and she was extremely proud that as a mother of two she looked like an ultra-hot supermodel working in the beauty industry. It is as if the modern, superficial world demanded this exactly at the expense of human relationships and other things.
"Listen, Anna!" I don't agree with your opinion! When I applied to the State Administration immediately after graduation that year and dreamed of having my own small law office where I would help people in trouble and in need of help, I childishly and naively perhaps could not have imagined how much they would be used and manipulated later ! - she looked seriously, a little sternly at her childhood friend, with whom she had been through so much, as if they were brothers.
"My brig!" Believe me, I really cut the situation! But you are doing something very wrong if you think that none of your dreams or goals have come true so far. Just look at it! A few days ago, you were relaxing on sunny Nuku Hiva in an exotic paradise environment that others can only dream of, or let's say not many people can say that they dated an F1 race driver! Does that just mean something, or doesn't it?! �" her friend repeated the words as if there was a small degree of jealousy in her voice, with which she wanted to exert pressure.
"Anna!" You know very well that I never liked to brag about such things! I just feel that now is the time for me to finally find a decent guy who doesn't want to take advantage of me, even loves me for myself without conditions, pretensions, petty deals, and I could actually be happy with a child or two! And now I often feel that the old lady complex is taking over, even though I'm only in my thirties!
"Baby!" If it's any consolation, I'm a happy mom of two little girls, and I often feel like there's still so much waiting for me in this life, but I prefer to convince myself that I just have to wait for my right time, and then everything can work out!
"Anna!" It's time for teenagers, who tend to build around themselves empty and meaningless castles in the air, which they think is feasible, but who have to move on the ground of reality know exactly that life - in many cases - is not a cakewalk at all. �" he didn't even touch the caramel French custard offered in front of him, even though he looked delicious.
- OK. I completely agree with this, but listen, I don't think there's any point in eating yourself up and thinking for the rest of your life about what would have happened if you had decided and acted differently? I'll give you an example. When I went to the Faculty of Arts, I met a really good-natured, eccentric, creatively versatile guy, who applied first for Drama and then for Fine Arts, and his whole world literally collapsed when his dreams didn't come together! And you know, I remember him because he wrote so frank and pensive poems, which surprised even the professionals! You. that they found a student who was much smarter than them, and that scared them!
"And how are your sons?" Ákos and Barnus? - he tried to change the subject, but he felt that things would not really succeed.
- Gal! We started something, so I don't think we should change the subject! Anyway, thanks for your interest! Two super awesome badass that I love to the point of being a fan!
"Annus!" I'm trying to bring up another topic because I'm really under a lot of pressure!
"My brig!" I don't want to be theatrical! Far be it from me to be dumb, but if you feel that things are not going well for you, why don't you try in a different direction? Why don't you try yourself in a different field?
"Can you give me an example?" - he looks at her with such determined curiosity, as if he at least wants to see into his petty secrets.
"Are you kidding me now?" I have nothing to do with the legal profession! I am as far away from him as Makó is from Jerusalem. Pay attention! I would like to help! Why don't you try a new date? Why don't you get to know each other, since we are still very young? After all, almost everyone in this world is already doing this in order to have more legs to stand on alive!
"You're cute and considerate, but..." he suddenly fell into a deep thought. "Have you ever felt as if you've known someone for a thousand years, and it only takes a ten-minute conversation and you feel like you belong to that person?" �" her serious, thoughtful voice surprised her best friend a little.
"Be silly!" I feel this all the time every time I'm alone with my husband! - he involuntarily burst out laughing, as if he were telling the most effective joke. "Didn't you just meet someone?" Am I right?! Tell me all about it quickly! Go with your a*s! �" perhaps he became even more excited than his hesitant and somewhat doubtful girlfriend.
"Does the word 'sanctity of privacy' mean anything to you?" - he wanted to be ironic, just to make his girlfriend feel that he always represents a kind of purposeful determination in relation to his own individual life.
"Come on Brigi!" How long have we known each other? Don't come at me with your legal nonsense right now!
"Of course!" Sorry! I'm sorry! So, if we're being honest, the news is true! I met a special someone who seemed to see right into my soul. Do you understand this? As if we were communicating with each other after telepathic waves! When he gently shook my hand during the introduction, it was as if those secret psychological energies had already been activated. This was very new to me, because I usually have a hard time letting anyone get close to me...
"No wonder!" You who always managed to find the problematic or wild a*s styles!
"You're right about that, but I ask: one has to try and make mistakes in order to learn from them!" It's true that I've always been a bit gullible and naive, because I let them manipulate me easily, and it usually went wrong!
"You see, girl!" You have already answered your own question! Anna clapped her hands in front of her. "And what's it like in bed?" - he smiled falsely at her.
"Okay!" I admit! So…” he took a deep breath to continue. �" We sat down in the Kálvin tér branch library, right next to the Budapest collection on the fourth floor, because there are really few people there, and it was so reassuring when we looked seriously and thoughtfully into each other's eyes, you know?
- Well! I understood! I was flooded with emotions, blah blah blah! Let's skip to the bed scene, okay? - she tried to urge her friend, to see if she would finally be able to successfully jump that certain rabbit out of the bush.
"Please, take your time!" he admonished her because she needed his calmness. - So! The stories followed one another, from childhood grievances to teenage loves, to adulthood, and her voice was, to put it bluntly, charismatic, like that of people reciting poetry when they are serious! Then, when he was telling the story of his own life and although it seemed that for some reason he was reluctant to make eye contact only when absolutely necessary, and then I felt an inner urge to go a little closer to him, hug him and give him so much sympathy, humanity and love, as much as I can!
"My brig!" I'm sorry, but this is dead boring! When was the first kiss? - he was impatient, of course just so that he could tease Brigid a little.
"Let's just move along nicely!" So we must have talked to each other for at least 4-5 hours that day, then suddenly he apologized as if bitten by a flea and hurriedly left the library. As if someone or something had disturbed him... Believe me, I've already tried to run through a million versions in my mind's eye that maybe I was too confiding or my facial expression was demanding! I simply couldn't solve the riddle, where was the guy in a hurry?
"I don't want to spoil it, honey, but what if your boyfriend already has a wife and kids?"
"I wouldn't be able to accept that!" It was so... how can I say it... it was incredibly heartfelt and able to move deep emotions in me!
"My brig!" Hey! Come down to the planet called earth, please, just for a few minutes! You must have already seen the Mentalist series, which is practically psychological manipulation wrapped in a single effect hunter skin, and where the real criminals almost never get away with it! What if you only managed to catch a very professional con artist who is a master of persuasion and of deceiving such naive and unsuspecting ladies as, say, you?!
- Pay attention! I know you think that emotions and mutual sympathy have totally taken away my remaining common sense, but I'm so clumsy and stupid that I can't put the connections together!
"Really?" Then I'll listen to you! What happened after the first date? Who went where?
"Imagine he wrote to me on the Internet and invited me to coffee!" His manner was so polite that I thought to myself why not? After all, what bad could happen in a public place, and in broad daylight?
"Brigi!" That sounds really boring too! Come on, spin a little l if you want me to listen to you!
- Well! Chill out there! So! We sat down again in another place! This time he came to a Starbucks bar and practically professed his love in a slightly boyish, trembling voice and said that the first meeting with me meant a lot to him and since then he has been unable to get it out of his head. But I'll tell you the point. As soon as we shook hands and looked deeply into each other's eyes, it was as if the past and present had been connected into some secret, precisely defined psychological unity, which, in my opinion, only very, very few people are capable of!
In the end, I was the one who, with my one hundred and sixty-four centimeters, leaned up to his chin and tried to kiss him.
- And how was it?
"Well, even if we did it a bit clumsily and childishly, I don't think I've gotten that much out of the practice yet!" he answered with pride in his voice.
"And what else happened?" he asked more and more curiously.
"I see, you've also become more and more gossipy since high school!" he noted ironically. "So!" I felt that an intimate relationship had developed between the two of us, which, admittedly, was somewhat fragile in the early days, but I think we were able to vibrate on the same wavelength so much that after a while the initial difficulties did not pose significant obstacles.
"That's a little suspicious to me!" You. there is no such thing as a perfect relationship! At most, you can only strive for it! How did your boyfriend react to things?
- Well, I think that he has a very sought-after, massive private sphere, where I don't think he's willing to let anyone in, but he mentioned his ex-fiancée, who wanted a luxurious life, and since he can't afford much on a modest teacher's salary, he immediately broke up with her. I think this could have worn him down for years.
"You're being silly, or you're just not watching the news!" You have to watch out for a w***e with these types of characters, because we never know what's going on in her head! If I were you, I'd get a viper, a 240 volt stun gun, some boxers, and enough pepper spray to last a thousand years!
"Stop yourself!" There is no such thing! I also have a psychologist friend to whom I told about the boyfriend's life, and he said that usually those who endure or experience traumatized physical and mental atrocities in their childhood react incredibly vulnerable to seemingly insignificant and trivial things that the average person ignores leave it out, as it is considered natural!
"I'm saying that if you still want to go on a date with your boyfriend, the minimum is that I accompany you, or I'll get a 24-hour bodyguard guy with bulging muscles next to you!" - he took another big sip of his drink.
- Pay attention! I've learned self-defense and I'll stand up to any f*****g idiot! Yet I feel deep sympathy for the man! I can't explain it to you, but there's something about it that grabs you right away…
"I want to see that!" You could really bring it and show it off sometime! Who knows?
"Yes!" I already thought about this, but I think our relationship is still very fresh, and I don't want to spoil or rush everything.
- Look! I understand! Unexpectedly, you found yourself a sweetheart again and fell head over heels in love. You feel like you want to save him and support him, but please, as your good friend, don't let them manipulate you and take advantage of you, because then you'll be disappointed again and your heart will be broken again, and then we'll sit down somewhere and cry to me again all your accumulated sorrows!
"I never cry, and least of all complain, if you want to know!" �" she was a little angry with her friend because of her dropped, strongly hinted comment, but she knew that she was afraid and that she was worried about her.
- Well! So what should we stay in? When are we next?
"Wow!" Good question! My next month will be completely booked, and I think you have a thousand other things to do too!
- There you go! That's exactly what I was talking about! You say what a f*****g busy girl you are, and then you even want to go on a date with that guy!
- You're right! You always have to make time for good friends! Then let's move in with someone else for three or four weeks! Until then, I'm sure everything will be sorted and found out!
"How about May?" And if you can, definitely bring your boyfriend!
"I'll definitely try!" I salute your fantastic guys and your couple too!
"You know one phone call and I'll be flying to you!"
"Thank you very much for remaining my honest and true friend!"
They both hugged each other and then everyone went about their business.

© 2023 Tasi83


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

34 Views
Added on August 15, 2023
Last Updated on August 15, 2023
Tags: Contemporary, epic, short prose, prose, short story, literature

Author

Tasi83
Tasi83

Budapest, Budapest, Hungary



About
I was born on November 30, 1983 in Budapest! I studied Hungarian history at ELTE-TFK, BTK; history teacher. I'm editing ebooks! So far, I have published my volumes on Publió and Publishdrive as.. more..

Writing
TIME-SILENCER TIME-SILENCER

A Poem by Tasi83


SURE SURE

A Poem by Tasi83