A GREATFUL ALLIANCE

A GREATFUL ALLIANCE

A Story by Tasi83















Gizus on the left, Rami on the right. Kata in the middle. They have known each other since childhood.
The girl is wearing a white dress, which at the same time seems to make her whole otherworldly appearance much more exotic and mysterious. At the same time, the leaping gazelle lurks in her body, which seems to always dance through her entire life.
It's no wonder that every decent young man really has a crush on her. But then, we are talking about university students who will soon - of course, if everything goes well and fate is kind enough to them - be ready to step out into life and begin the frustrating and nerve-wracking everyday life of adulthood.
"Where are you going?" Kata asks teasing the other two.
- That's a good question! I haven't decided yet, but maybe I'll try my hand at State Administration. - Gizus would answer with measured consideration, who is now seriously fiddling with his glasses, because that way his girlish, slightly chubby face looks more mature.
"And what about you, Ramika?" �" he turns to his other group mate to see if he can confess.
"I think I'm going for a jog!" After all, I have a high school diploma, although not at advanced level, I will soon have a diploma, and I just hope that I will still be needed somewhere! �" Rami seems to deliberately want to distort and avoid the question so that he does not have to make a statement in the name of honesty.
"Don't be silly!" You who have such a blade! Why don't you apply somewhere and let your talent make its way? Kata asks, somewhat surprised by the other's answer.
"Then listen here, my golden mother!" Let's think again! - Rami starts with a circumstantial, convoluted explanation starting from the fact that the current labor market situation does not allow the employment of talented professionals and the like, until the end of the speech he is totally convinced that in this lousy world only the right relationships and enough the average person can achieve anything with financial resources. Let alone talent? A big stinky b*****d! - he waves lightly.
"Wow!" I'll be honest! I expected a different answer from someone who always knew what he wanted to do with himself! he admits.
"So now you're mutually disappointed in me, is that what it's all about?" - he begins to stare suspiciously through his glasses with slightly piercing, smiling eyes.
"Come on, you fool!" I want a small wedding and at least one child! - he daydreams out loud again.
"I want ten million so I can start my own business and be my own boss!" - declares Gizus, stomping his feet in reality.
"Yes!" I kind of guessed... But I still say that our creative abilities shouldn't be neglected. Kata believes with firm conviction.
"And just tell me?" How are you going to get by if there is no one near or far that you can count on? For example, you go to a meeting or a job interview and then what? If you don't have someone who knows a thing or two, you can easily get caught almost immediately! he stated his negative opinion, and the other two also felt that he was right. "Sorry to tell the truth!"
"Well... there might be something in this answer..." Kata thought for a moment.
�" If you are wondering about me, I can tell you that the only thing that excites the employee is to have the employee do the same job for much less! Anyway, if things are like this, I would prefer to start a business, but I would go abroad immediately, because here I feel like I am in a cage and I cannot act freely. Rami replied.
The graduation ceremony is coming soon. All three are dressed in black festive gowns and square-shaped hats. A dozen photos are taken, and of course they solemnly promise themselves, mainly to themselves, that they will always have enough time and energy for their friendship in the holy name of their friendship.
"Girls, do we promise each other that we'll never leave each other completely alone, and that we'll always have enough time to get together and talk?" - now Kata stands in the middle and asks this matter-of-fact question to the other two as if it were a matter of life and death.
- I'm in! says Gizus. "There's nothing better than a good mishap."
"Why not..." says Rami restrainedly.
Later they split up. While Kata starts teaching at Nagymarosi Primary School, Gizus is philosophizing at State Administration with his latest girlfriend company, and Rami is going through one job interview after another, apparently unsuccessfully, and of course increasingly confused. One day, all three of them suddenly have their cell phones ringing.
- Yes... come on... - Kata, who had two sons with her husband at the same time, speaks first.
"Hey baby!" Do you still remember our promise?! Gizus asks.
- Are you joking? What is that!
"Hékas!" I am here too! - declares Rami in protest, so that they don't forget to mention him. - Rami also informs that the other two have left don't forget.
"I'm so happy for you girls!" Just wait! I'm putting my two bad bone accounts to bed! - says Kata, while the other two girlfriends listen curiously on the other end of the line, wondering where the children's squeamishness is coming from?
After a few minutes, he returns and speaks to the mob in a slightly worn, worn-out voice:
"I'm here girls!" Sorry that you had to wait so long, but Matyika and Barnus can be real badass! he notes with a light laugh, as if it were the most natural thing in the world. Together, they agree that they will meet in a small service room on the corner of Kazinczy Street. They hope it hasn't been demolished or renovated yet. They hang out there on a Thursday during the week, when all three of them get it.
All three of them burst into joyful shouts, like chirping chicks, when they see each other for the first time, and they scrutinize fiercely how much they have changed, at least outwardly.
"Hello girls!" But it's good to see you again! �" all three embrace each other and stand moved for long minutes, then sit down.
"I see, Katá, that you didn't steal your day!" You have two children with symptoms at the same time! Gizus notes cautiously. As if the university years seem like a fleeting moment and not a ten-year period.
"Why?" Don't tell me, Gizus, that you don't have anyone yet?! - he is visibly surprised.
"Well... let's put it this way, my boyfriend could be a f*****g big a*s!" - he declares defiantly with his head raised.
"And what about you, Ramika?" �" he also looks at his other girlfriend, who is a bit worn out, more tired.
"Well... I'm working like crazy right now, and I even have to fill in on weekends!" - his voice is tired and a bit mushy.
- What do you do? Kata asks with lively curiosity, because she is curious about everything that has happened to her girlfriends over the years.
"If you're thinking about teaching?" Then I'll knock and say no! Now I'm at a telemarketing company where they always mention that they're going to promote me, but of course they never mean it.
"You see!" Gizus snaps. �" This is exactly what we talked about at university, where we still had dreams and plans and wanted to reform this whole screwed-up world!
"Hey, hey!" Only speak for yourself, little mother! - Rami orders in order, but as soon as he notices Gizus' piercing, bespectacled gaze, he restrains himself.
�" I am asking a simple, but all the more important question, and I would like you to answer it honestly! �" the other two watch in shock. "Let's see what you've done in life?" �" a simple question, yet the silent, thoughtful silence that follows is what is particularly remarkable. It's as if no one dares to speak up, so it's Gizu's turn to shake up the company a bit.
"Just look!" I understand that you have to live your life, but damn it! If you don't add anything extra beyond, say, having a family and having children, then one fine day you'll wake up and realize that you've wasted your whole life on a w***e! I'm like that, I don't want to spend the rest of my life constantly complaining about what I messed up. he blew a big breath. It was as if his throat was dry because he licked his lips a few times. "Now would be nice to have a cocktail!"
"Really girls!" Let's order something! - Kata hit a nail in the head and already went to the counter, where she returned with three glasses of soft drinks.
"You're kidding, honey, aren't you?" What's the point of sipping a simple soft drink on such a holiday? My mind stops! But see that I do not raise my glass in anger to our friendship! �" With that, Gizus theatrically raised his plastic cup high and took a big sip of the soft drink, which went down well.
"Cheers!" answered the other two, and then they also took a sip.
"And how have the last ten years been?" - Kata brings up the topic, because she already felt that this question was very much wanted out of her.
"You're asking this seriously, I hope?" Gizus took the floor.
"Come on!" Of course! So? - he looked at her with wolf eyes.
"There were f*****g bad days, and they were f*****g beautiful!" - a concise formulation, which did not make our readers any smarter.
"Come on!" Seriously! In detail! he asked them both.
Rami must have had the courage because he gave a detailed account of his lawyer friend who left his wife and two children for him, and he felt remorse for a very long time because of the idiot ferret who could not command his tail.
�" ...The truth was, of course, that I would have wanted an orderly family situation, but my boyfriend changed his mind and went back to his family. That's it! I'm not saying that it didn't bother me, but I'm more angry with myself for letting it get worse. �" another refreshing sip of the cooling juice followed.
�" When Bálint and I got together it was as if we had known each other for a thousand years! We didn't plan very far in advance, but when I found out that I was pregnant with two fantastic boys at the same time, I was like a happy, happy little girl who couldn't stop crying! I think I've found what I've always been looking for, even if it's the teaching profession now - at least b also -, I'm neglecting it for now.
"Just don't tell me or Rami that the teaching career satisfies you to the maximum, because then I'll be banging my head against the wall!"
"I'll take you to my word!" Good! There were very good, heart-touching moments when my classes and I were very much on the same wavelength, but I couldn't understand the giggles and insinuations of my colleagues. �" his voice became sad, as if he wanted to say goodbye to that memory.
"I'm sorry babe!" But honestly! You know, there are b******s and a******s everywhere! You don't have to go that far! Gizus tried to sound comforting.
"You're absolutely right about that!" Many times I feel that I realized this late, which is why things often did not turn out the way I wanted them to.
�" When I got this telemarketing position at that company, I must admit that I felt completely green! Apart from the fact that I knew how to operate a laptop, I had almost no idea what the employees actually do for ten to twelve hours a day. Then later I learned it pretty well, although the fizu could be a little more! - said Rami.
"Oh my little mother!" How can you be so stupid! The management reaps the big bucks, while little fish like you can hang around until judgment day! - Gizus' voice was a bit harsh, but it must be said that he was driven by pure good intentions.
"But do you enjoy your work or not?" Kata asked him.
"Well... except for the weekends, but otherwise I have no problem with it!"
�" So we can say that you have become bored girls who slide into gray everyday life with indifferent boredom, and that suits you perfectly! I'm sorry, but it's pathetic the way it is! - he put both his hands together and looked sullen, as if he had been insulted to the point of blood.
"I'm fine, Gizus!" Chill out there! Why do you always have to spoil the mood when we had such a good conversation? Kata scolded him a little.
"Because you are incapable of grasping reality, girls!" Do you also have a settled life, while you don't think about what you really wanted to do with your life?
"Honey, didn't something happen that we should know about?" Kata asked worriedly.
"No way!" Ten hard years just seems like a f*****g long time! That's it! - she tried to avoid the question, but she could tell that she wouldn't bother with that much among her girlfriends. After a while, he blurted out: "It's fine!" I almost had a baby, but it didn't work out! It's not a big deal! he waved.
- What??? - both of them were quite surprised. "Is that what you mean?" Kata asked back with wide eyes.
"Well that's not true!" How do you think the child will turn out, huh?! The woman and the man sleep with each other and make love! Cuckoo! �" like someone explaining life in capital letters to five-year-olds.
"I didn't either... forgive me for bringing it up..." Kata apologized sincerely.
"How did it happen?" �" now it was Ramin's turn to tease the secrets a little.
"Has anyone spoken to you honey?" Isn't it! But since we've known each other for a long time, I'll tell you that I had a dream boyfriend who regularly swept me off my feet and everything, and then when the coton accidentally broke and it turned out that I was like a rag doll, he simply told me that he didn't need a slobbery kid, and then out of my life. - you could feel in Gizus's voice that his sentences had a real impact.
"What a b*****d, a scumbag worm!" �" Rami spoke his opinion out of the blue.
"What happened to your baby…?" - asked Kata a question.
"You have no idea about anything, do you?" he asked back nervously. "I lost it..." he blurted out brokenly while trying to hide his tears.
"My dear friend... I'm so sorry..." he tried to hug her consolingly, but Gizus pushed him away:
"I don't need your lousy pity, but it's nice that you're trying to take care of me..."
"Then how was your life?" Kata tried to change the subject.
"Well... if you think I've bitten some squishy dream apple, then I'll have to make you dream!" I was a marketer at a company, where later I had to kick the idiot pushy director who wanted to click me! he sipped his soda.
"Wow!" It couldn't be anything, could it?! asked the other two.
"Well, I admit, it even did good for my self-esteem!" Why do all stupid guys think they can have fun with women?!
- Well, there are several answers to this, but you are absolutely right that women should be treated politely! Kata noted.
- That is true! - agrees Gizus, and it seems that a big stone falls from his soul.
�" What would you say if we hung out a little more often and organized joint programs in the name of our friendship? Kata asks openly, and it seems that her other two best friends have no objections to the matter.
"It's perfectly fine with me!" Gizus declares.
"I don't have a problem with it either!" Of course, the weekends are still a question mark! �" Rami hesitates a little.
"Oh, you stupid hen!" Do you want meetings now or not?! - Gizus turns to the side.
"It's fine now!" Don't push shh! Why not!
With that, the three girlfriends have lunch, and while they are having a good snack, they suddenly have so many unforgettable shared memories that they can't stop talking, and by the time they tenderly say goodbye to each other after four or five hours, they feel as if they have been enriched with new life experiences.

© 2023 Tasi83


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

30 Views
Added on September 14, 2023
Last Updated on September 14, 2023
Tags: Contemporary, epic, short prose, prose, short story, literature

Author

Tasi83
Tasi83

Budapest, Budapest, Hungary



About
I was born on November 30, 1983 in Budapest! I studied Hungarian history at ELTE-TFK, BTK; history teacher. I'm editing ebooks! So far, I have published my volumes on Publió and Publishdrive as.. more..

Writing
CONSULTING CONSULTING

A Poem by Tasi83