Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Tatum

I stare at the ceiling of my bedroom, my to familiar bedroom.  The sun catches my eye as it glistens through the window.  My bright blue curtains sway left to right trying to keep up with the air vent.  As a single ray from the sun shines on the stain of the once burgundy carpet I wonder how I am ever going to get out of here.  My mom thinks it’s in my best interest to stay home all the time, to only have a couple of friends, to never date, and never see the world outside.  She says the Universe we live in is to dangerous and filled with horrible nasty things.  It’s a miracle she lets me go to Kyle or Adam’s house, my only friends.  A simple miracle.  

Although I hate it in here with the walls being white and with a whole list of rules pinned up, I always feel a sense of relief every time I walk into my bedroom.  I don’t know if it’s because it was once my grandmother’s room before she moved out and before my mother destroyed it or if it is because I can think and let all my thoughts roam.  My thoughts.  My bundled up thoughts.

As I turn my head to look out my window and see the sun blazing into my eyes my mom, Marcie, calls for me, “Jordy, the phone, it’s for you.”

“Who is it?”  I ask annoyed that I am being interrupted from my thoughts.

“Who do you think? You know no one else is allowed to call you except Adam and Kyle.  And you are lucky they are even allowed.”

“Alright Mom.  I’ll be down.” She says that every time and still every time I feel like strangling her for being so protective and so easily angered.  I wonder why she is like that?

When I manage to get down the stairs I can’t help, but notice how aggravated and angered Mom looks. Her posture is tight and her eyes appear as though they are flamming.  I decide to ask if she is okay, although I know it is a big mistake, a huge mistake.

“Mom, are you alright?”  I can definitely hear the fear in my voice as those words roll out of my mouth.  “I just want to make sure Grandma is okay, since she has been sick for a couple of months.”

“Jordy! I am fine and so is your Grandma. Quit worrying about her, answer the phone and mind your own business.”  Mom’s voice sounds irate. She was like this once before, but it happened when I asked her about her day at work.  She was so angry with me and she kept trying to dodge the topic.  I still wonder why she acted so protective about it.

I take the phone from my mother’s hands and answer it. It’s Adam.

“Hey.”

“Hey what?”  I ask trying not to sound like my mother just irritated me.

“I was wondering if you would like to come over and chill?” Adam, sounds a little nervous.

“I would love to, but I’ll have to ask my mom first. You know how she is.”

“Just call me back and let me know?” I can almost hear him relieve the breathe he is holding.

“Alright. Hey, before you go is Kyle coming?  I need to give him his sweatshirt back he let me borrow.”

There is a long pause before he says anything.  I can tell he is holding his breathe again. “No. I... I kind of wanted to ask you something personal.”

“Bye.” I say, my heart racing.  He has been my friend for so long, since kindergarden.  What is he going to ask me?  Is he finally going to ask what I have hoped for all along?  I know if he does my mother will not approve of it, but then again what does my mom approve of?





© 2016 Tatum


Author's Note

Tatum
Please give advice.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

63 Views
Added on August 1, 2016
Last Updated on August 1, 2016


Author

Tatum
Tatum

Circleville , OH



About
Hi! I'm a fourteen year old girl, who loves to write. I enjoy participating in Power of the Pen, hanging with my friends, which also like to write, and simply having fun. more..

Writing
Goodbye Goodbye

A Poem by Tatum


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Tatum