Masks of Deception

Masks of Deception

A Poem by Taughtskiiii
"

A free verse poem I wrote one night

"
They say she's beautiful until she wipes off that mask. Then you can see the pain. All that she has hidden pours out, like a black ocean. She has masked these feelings well, no one suspects that night after night tears fall down her cold cheek. Hoping a hand will willingly reach out and caress that cheek, whispering sweet nothings that release her exorcised soul. She must chose between love and anguish, and hatred and regret. Both are terrifying. The life she lives is that of a maiden in love yet doubts herself, asking herself each day could she really be special to someone. Whether someone would not be ashamed for the eyes of the public to see. Is her natural "beauty" really enough? If she can even measure up to "her", constantly comparing herself. Or will she chose the path of hatred and regret. Hating her beloved with every particle of her being, yet behind that mask of hatred she secretly loves him so? Regretting and denying her love for him in order to stop the hurt? There is no in between. This love is killing this maiden slowly, yet she is happy. And yet she feels selfish for wanting to call this man her own. HA! She laughs at her own crying face, as if it'll stop the shower of emotion falling from her dark endless eyes. Faking that everything is just an illusion, to keep herself safe. But when she lays eyes on him, it all comes back. There is no running. She's scared of what lies ahead. Her heart and mind have turned against her, shunning her for being so young and foolish. Laughing at her saying she is just a child, she cannot experience such strong feelings in such short notice. But she is being pulled to her beloved, there was no choice made in this decision. She's just in love. So in love, that it hurts.

© 2013 Taughtskiiii


Author's Note

Taughtskiiii
Feel free to give me your opinions (:

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

You say feel free to give opinions, eh? Well, seriously, I hope I won't offend you with mine. I like the sincerity in your so called "free verse poem" of Masks of Deception and, yes, the "two faced" subject is a popular topic for poems/ thoughts. It brings forth reality for others to think about and realize that - when thought about - people might not be as they seem. That part of your work here, I understood. Yet, I feel torn on the love bit. I gathered your person is conflicted over a bit of romance. She seems to be in love, reluctantly so. Yet, what's new? Love really is a mystery to everyone. So, maybe I should be confused. Meh, I seem to be talking in circles here. Still, why does your person here worry over loving another? Why does she not want that? I suppose I shant know the whole story, huh?

Anyway, perhaps I should stop rambling and say what's on my mind. I enjoyed this piece, Very much so. Your poem here was clear enough, despite my complaints. Well done indeed and keep up the creativity. Also, I gave this a 90/100. You did grandly overall. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Taughtskiiii

8 Years Ago

I know this is late as hell, but this was wayyy back when I was in love with a best friend of mine, .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 10, 2013
Last Updated on January 10, 2013
Tags: Love, hate, pain, emotion, heartbreak, feelings, deep, thoughts

Author

Taughtskiiii
Taughtskiiii

Canton, OH



About
My name is Sierra. I'm 16 years old. I've been writing for as long as I can remember. I just write down whatever comes to mind. I hope you like my work. (: more..