The Tail of The Mermaid Princess

The Tail of The Mermaid Princess

A Story by Tavionna
"

Tae was whisked away by an evil witch as a mermaid baby. Then, she finds her true self when she grows up.

"

Once upon a time, there lived a mermaid kingdom called “Utopia.” Therefore, the kingdom was celebrating, yet the royal family just had a beautiful daughter. Myrella, smiled down at her new baby sister. King Neptune hugged his wife Queen Anjelicque closely. The new mermaid princess giggled and laughed in her crib. Her black and gold tail flapped excitedly.

            “What should we name her?” asked Anjelicque looking at her husband. Neptune thought for a moment then suggested “How about Carolina?” Princess Myrella looked at her mother with her sparkly ocean blue eyes. The queen shook her head and nodded.

            “No, I don’t like it too much” replied the queen “I was thinking more of Adriane.” Neptune looked at the baby mermaid as she began to cry. Myrella flicked her purple and blue tail nervously, and played with a strand of her lavender colored hair.

            “Um…. I don’t think she likes that name too much” said Myrella “How about Tae?” Then, the baby began to gurgle and laugh. Neptune looked at his eldest daughter then answered “I accept, it seems that she enjoys it.” Anjelicque smiled at her daughter with her shining purple eyes.                              

            “Then it is settled,” Neptune exclaimed “Tae Mermaidia Shashone, and that will be her name!” Neptune placed a small gold crown on top of Tae’s small head. A peridot gem shined proudly on top of Tae’s crown. Anjelicque placed a necklace around Tae’s small neck. Neptune took his triton and placed it on the necklace. The necklace glowed warmly, revealing Tae’s new name engraved in gold. Magically, Tae’s pitch black hair began to grow. The hair stopped down Tae’s back. Tae, was snoring softly she was very tired.

            “Well, isn’t that sweet” A voice that sounded like rotting flesh busted through the silence. The royal family turned around surprised to see a hideous sea woman. She had short hair that was white as snow. Her skin showed a pale blue, and her eyes screamed with death and hostility. Her tail was rotted and moldy. Neptune held up his triton his face showed that he was not pleased.      

            “This is a complete outrage!” Neptune raged “Whicherta, I command you to leave!” Whicherta, looked at her horribly entangled fingernails then said “Why, I only wanted to see my niece.” Princess Myrella’s blood ran cold, and her mother fainted. Neptune blasted a lightning bolt at Whicherta. Whicherta dodged the bolt and teleported behind the family to the crib. Neptune turned around shocked to see Whicherta holding Tae.

            “I really wanted to see her before her trip!” sneered Whicherta. Neptune looked in horror as he watched sickly green bolts of lightning shoot from Whicherta’s hand. Whicherta began to recite a spell.

This thing does not deserve to stay

Therefore, she shall be sent far away.

           

Then, with a mighty blast Tae was gone. Whicherta stood with a wicked smile on her face. Neptune threw another bolt at her that was stronger than the last. Whicherta simply dodged the bolt.

“I’m sorry dear brother,” Whicherta laughed “but you will never see your precious daughter ever again!” Neptune screamed with rage, and zapped Whicherta with a huge bolt of lightning. Whicherta screamed as the bolt incinerated her turning her into dust. Neptune put his head down on the crib, and began to mourn at the loss of his daughter. The queen woke up and hugged her husband. Princess Myrella just shook her head in shame.

“Myrella,” Neptune said softly “I need you to order every guard to search the seven seas. I also want you to go with them.” Myrella looked up surprised, but also in disappointment.

“But papa…” Myrella began to protest.

“GO, I SAID GO!” Neptune raged “I DON’T NEED ANY PROTEST FROM YOU!” Anjelicque shot her husband a dirty look. Neptune sighed as he watched his daughter swim frantically out of the royal nursery.

 

            .         .     .    

A young couple sat outside on their porch enjoying the sunny day. Vanessa took a sip of her lemonade. Derek sat and played with his baseball. Derek and Vanessa were happily engaged and lived in a cabin by the beach. They were planning to get married in December, but they had a change in plans and decided to have their wedding in June.

Suddenly, the sky grew dark Vanessa looked up from the book she was reading. Derek stopped playing with his baseball, and looked up at the sky. Dark clouds swirled in a huge circle. A huge sickly green lightning bolt struck from the center of the swirling clouds. Then, rain poured out like it was a huge water fall. Surprisingly, the rain stopped leaving the sky gray and cloudy. Many trees were snapped in half from the horrid winds that blew them down.

There was smoke billowing softly from where the beach was in the distance. Derek got up from his chair and ran down the driveway from the cabin.

“Derek where are you going?” asked Vanessa jogging after him.

“I’m going to the beach,” Derek shouted back “to put out the smoke.”

“Wait for me!” Vanessa cried she followed Derek down the forest trail that led to the beach. Derek reached where the smoke was, but there was nothing. Derek suddenly heard crying from a child.

“Vanessa,” Derek exclaimed “do you hear that?”

“Hear what?” Vanessa asked as she fixed the hem of her gown, which now was drenched with mud.

“A baby crying lets follow the noise.” Derek replied following in the direction of the noise. Vanessa followed Derek close behind. The sound led them to where the green lightning struck. Surprisingly, Derek found a small thing curled up in a ball. It had a majority of dark hair, and was sobbing. Derek carefully turned the small thing over. It was a baby girl covered in mud. A cool breeze fell over her, and she began to shiver.

“Derek look at the poor thing” Vanessa cried “it looks very cold.” Derek picked up the baby, and examined her legs.

“She looks fine,” Derek explained “but we can’t leave her out here alone.” Vanessa examined a necklace that was attached to the baby’s neck.

“Tae Mermaidia Shashone” Vanessa read “I guess that’s her name.” Derek shrugged then said “The name has a nice ring to it. Let’s keep her name that way I love it.” Derek and Vanessa carried Tae back to their cabin.

“I’ll run the bath water” Vanessa called out from the restroom. Derek handed Vanessa the baby. Tae woke up from her sleep and opened her eyes. Tae’s huge gold eyes sparkled into Vanessa’s. Tae began to gurgle and laugh. Vanessa smiled and stuck Tae into the warm bath water. Derek watched his wife put Tae into the water.

Suddenly, Vanessa shrieked out of nowhere.

“FISH!” screamed Vanessa “THERE IS A FISH IN THE BATHTUB!” Derek ran to the bathtub, and picked Tae out of the water. Surprisingly, Tae’s mermaid tail flapped around excitedly.  Derek looked at Vanessa with an expression that she could not read.

“What is it?” Vanessa asked “Should we throw it out?”

“No,” Derek replied “it’s a living organism I would never throw her out because she’s a baby mermaid.” Vanessa sighed and observed Tae’s brown skin. She was a bit disturbed of adopting a child as a mermaid.

“Then we’ll have to set an agreement.” Vanessa protested “Keep her away from pools, bathtubs, lakes, and the ocean. I can’t stand to see a mermaid child that is just gross.”

“But how will we clean her?” asked Derek tickling Tae. Tae giggled and laughed from the tickles.

“She shall take showers, but don’t immerse her in water.” Vanessa replied. Derek nodded his head in agreement. Derek lifted Tae in the air, and pretended that she was super baby. Tae’s mermaid tail fluttered and sparkled like a ribbon in the air. Vanessa watched Derek and then her face grew shocked. Derek’s face had the same expression, as he watched Tae’s tail form back into human legs.  Vanessa knew this was going to be weird to have a mermaid child.

.                        .                       .

Eight years later, Princess Myrella had no luck finding her younger sister. Myrella checked the Paloma Ocean the third of the main seven seas. Myrella was very tired, but she never gave up. Myrella flapped her sparkly blue and purple tail. She was very crabby for the past eight years.

“Your highness!” shouted a royal guard “Where did you want us to search next?” Myrella looked at the guard with a tired expression.

“I want you to look in the Tumblewar Ocean,” replied Myrella “I’ll keep going to the southwest from here.” The other guards looked at each other puzzled and shocked.

“But princess,” the guard cried “you’re going alone?”

“Yes,” Myrella answered as she began to swim away “I don’t need any further assistance from you.”

“Okay then,” the guard said as he turned to his men “Let’s roll out men.” Myrella flapped her tail slowly. Myrella knew she had to rest because her tail was aching. Myrella vowed to herself that once she finds the nearest island she will rest on the shore.

.                              .                             .

Meanwhile, Vanessa enrolled Tae into the third grade. Tae was eight years old now, but before Tae used to be home schooled by her father Derek. Vanessa however, did not love her daughter Tae. Vanessa always looked at Tae with complete hostility. Vanessa did not like her because she was different from everyone else.

For instance, one day ago Vanessa ordered tuna fish sandwiches for lunch. Tae rejected the sandwich, and pushed her plate back.

“I’m not hungry” Tae retorted “I don’t like tuna.” Vanessa’s face turned crimson then yelled “EAT IT I WANT EVERY CRUMB GONE!” Tae began to cry then she busted from the table to her room.

“That ungrateful little fish!” Vanessa raged “We should have thrown her out in the first place she is driving me insane!” Derek looked at his wife in shock.

“No,” Derek protested “we shouldn’t have I’m going to go check on her.” Derek stormed off to his daughter’s bedroom.

At school however, Tae didn’t have much friends. Everyone teased and made fun of her just because of her gold eyes. Everyone, except one boy in her class. He was quiet like Tae, and very shy. He had dark curly hair, and warm brown eyes. His skin tone was a creamy tan color. He would always watch Tae get teased and abused.

Until one day………. Tae as usual was getting teased by other kids.

“STOP IT ALL OF YOU!” a teacher that worked at the school screamed “TO THE OFFICE NOW!” Tae saw the boy run right up next to her.

“Are you okay?” the boy asked looking at Tae intensely. Tae looked up at him with her huge gold eyes.

“You aren’t going to laugh at me are you?” Tae asked cautiously. The boy smiled at her then said “No.” The boy helped Tae off the ground.

“Hello,” The boy greeted “my name is Michael, what is yours?” Tae managed to give off a smile.

“My name is Tae,” she replied “did you call the teacher?”

“Yes,” Michael exclaimed “I did I see you everyday getting abused by those mean kids. I thought maybe I would help you. Hey, do you want to play tether ball?” Tae grinned and nodded her head “yes.” Therefore, they both made their way to the tether ball courts.

.                                .                       .

Eventually, six years past Myrella was in no luck. Myrella looked throughout all of Feathermay Ocean the fifth of the seven seas. Myrella somehow knew that her younger sister was still alive. She also knew that her sister was grown into her teenage years. Mostly, Myrella always doubted her mermaid instinct. Later on, Myrella found a sea shore she let the waves push her against the warm sand.

The sun shined high in the sky making the diamonds, which naturally grew, sparkle on Myrella’s tail. Then, Myrella’s mermaid instinct grew stronger she felt her sister nearby. Myrella found a girl walking up to her on the beach. The girl’s pitch black hair blew softly in the breeze. The girl’s hair reached down to the back of thighs. She wore a purple shirt and blue jeans with black stars on its hem. Her shirt was covered by a black leather jacket. She also wore black low- heeled boots.

Tae stopped in her tracks as she saw a mermaid sit before her. A strange connection happened between the two. Tae stared at the mermaid tail in surprise. Somehow, the mermaid looked familiar to Tae.

“Umm….. Have we met before?” Tae asked “Wow, I did not think mermaids were real!”

“Well maybe,” Myrella replied “I don’t know if you’re the person I’m looking for. My name is Myrella princess of the mermaid kingdom Utopia. You see, my younger sister named Princess Tae Mermaidia Shashone had disappeared years ago, and I’m on a large search for her.”

“Tae!” Tae exclaimed “My name is Tae Mermaidia Shashone, but I’m not a mermaid like you!” The water dried up around Myrella’s tail. Myrella watched in surprise as her tail began to form into human legs.

“So that’s what happened,” Myrella thought as looked at her shimmering purple mermaid top “Tae must have transformed from mermaid to human.” Myrella also had a matching skirt that magically appeared after her tail transformed.

“So you think,” Myrella said trying to stand “but you have the same name as the girl I’m looking for, and you look like her too.” Myrella fell on the sand again Tae helped her up.

“I think I can run.” Myrella said. Tae looked at her oddly “If she was a mermaid all her life. Then, how does she knows what running is?” Tae thought. Myrella suddenly jogged down the sand then jumped into the water. Myrella’s tail formed back she splashed it making a miniature rainbow in the air.

“Come on,” Myrella exclaimed as she fixed her Diamond headband on her head “jump in I have a lot to teach you. Then, we can go back to the kingdom, and you can see mother and papa.

“I can’t my mom won’t let me for some reason.” Tae replied frowning. However, it all added up her stepmother Vanessa did not want her to go into the water, because she was a mermaid.

“That does look tempting,” Tae thought “I guess I can try Vanessa won’t know.” Tae jumped into the water, and somehow it felt good to be in the water. Suddenly, Tae saw her clothes melt away, and she felt tingles shifting through both of her legs. Tae looked down at herself. Tae found herself in a sparkling black mermaid top with a gold hem and thick straps. She looked at her magnificent tail. It was black with some gold scales that sparkled like gems. Shimmering pearls glittered on Tae’s mermaid tail. Tae took in a huge breath of water then exhaled it.

“Wow this is amazing,” Tae exclaimed “I’m a mermaid an actual mermaid! But, the question is why my stepmother would hide this from me. I have a right to know about my true genes. I don’t belong on land I belong in the sea.” Tae swam in a perfect circle, and her hair swirled like ribbons. A pearl headband sparkled on top Tae’s head.

“Let’s explore a bit!” exclaimed Myrella swimming away. Tae swam close behind Myrella. Tae’s jaw dropped at the amazement from the ocean. Coral reefs shined like rainbow gems. There were many fish swimming in schools. Love fish shined their pink scales and swam into a small den. A large rainbow fish swam next to Tae. Seven hours passed, and Tae swept into a small group of rainbow sea flowers.  

“Wow, I should have snuck down here a long time ago!” Tae exclaimed as she picked up a rainbow sea flower, and then stuck it in her hair.

“You should have,” Myrella replied as she looked up at the surface of the water “It’s getting dark you should return home.” Tae frowned a little as Myrella led the way back to the shore.

“Where are you going to be?” Tae asked flapping her tail onto the sand, and her clothing magically appeared while her tail turned back into legs. Tae’s clothes were not soaked, but her hair was.

“Don’t worry,” Myrella replied “meet me whenever you can I’ll still be nearby.” With that, Myrella swam back into the water, but then popped back up and yelled “DON’T TELL ANYONE ABOUT YOU, OR OUR MEETINGS!”

“I WON’T!” Tae yelled back then dashed back toward the cabin. The crescent moon gave off a soft light, and the stars twinkled in the night sky. Tae finally made it back to the cabin the lights were on. When Tae walked in her stepmother had her arms crossed.

“Where were you?” asked Vanessa “Why is your hair wet?” Tae ignored her questions, and just walked into her bedroom and closed and locked the door. Tae just sat on her bed, and continued reading her book. While she was reading she heard Vanessa angrily pounding at the door. Tae didn’t bother to open the door, so she just went to bed. After all, Vanessa wasn’t her real mother, and she was mad at Vanessa for not telling her she was a mermaid.

Meanwhile, Myrella found a hidden rock cave to sleep in for the night. Myrella was happy she found her sister. However, before they return home she had to teach her sister about sea life, and responsibilities on how to be a mermaid. Myrella instantly fell asleep on the cold hard rock.

The next day, Tae walked out for breakfast, yet another school day was ahead of her. Vanessa gave her a hostile look. Tae ignored her negative looks, and gave her stepdad a kiss on the cheek. Vanessa just looked at Tae the whole time during breakfast.

“Well, I’m off to meet Michael,” Tae exclaimed “bye daddy.” With that, Tae slammed the door. Vanessa was furious she pushed her breakfast off the table. The fine china shattered all over the kitchen floor. Food flew in all directions, and scattered all over the floor.

“Nessa, what’s wrong sweetheart?” Derek asked stunned at the mess on the floor.

“I’ve had it with her,” Vanessa raged “she acts as if I wasn’t here!” Vanessa got up from her chair. Then, grabbed her car keys and left out the door.

Later on, Tae met up with her friend Michael. They started a tradition that every school year they would walk to school together. Tae kissed Michael on the cheek. Michael blushed; he was a bit stunned by that.

“What was that for?” Michael asked Tae looked up at him, and smiled.

“Dad, he taught me,” Tae replied “he says it good manners if you kiss someone on the cheek if they wait for you. Well, from his country.” Tae was quiet the whole walk to school. She was really thinking about the whole mermaid thing. She had to meet her long lost sister afterschool. Michael noticed on how silent she was, and it did bother him. Normally, she was thinking about something that she didn’t want to tell Michael, and couldn’t instead Michael just let it slide.

Meanwhile, Myrella waited calmly she did many things to entertain herself while waiting. Myrella went seashell hunting, raced a school of fish, made a comb for her and Tae, practiced her singing, and practiced running on her human legs. Myrella eventually grew bored, and sat on the beach shore. She wondered what was taking Tae so long. It was sunset; Myrella grew tired and fell asleep on the shore.

Tae didn’t exactly meet her goals when she got home from school. Vanessa, found the sea flower that Tae hid under her pillow.

“You went swimming!” Vanessa snapped “You were never allowed to go swimming ever!” Tae remained quiet while listening to Vanessa nag, and yell at her.

“BE QUIET!!" Tae screamed “I’VE HAD ENOUGH OF YOU. THE ONLY REASON WHY YOU KEEP ME OUT OF THE WATER IS BECAUSE YOU KNOW I’M A MERMAID! I WANT TO BE FREE I DON’T BELONG HERE WITH YOU, OR DAD!” Vanessa’s mouth was clamped shut her face was pale with total defeat. Tae stormed to the front door.

“No,” Vanessa snapped “walk out that door, and you can say goodbye to going out alone.” Tae gave Vanessa a dirty smile, and walked out the door anyway. Vanessa went berserk and broke every glass in the cabin. She crushed all the picture frames, and burned every picture with Tae on it. Vanessa threw plates and other furniture around she was not happy.

Tae walked along the beach shore, and found Myrella lying on the sand sleeping.

“Myrella, wake up it’s your sister.” Tae said as she shook her sister awake. Myrella woke up with a lock of hair in her mouth. She quickly spit it out because it was too salty.

“Are you ready to dive in now?” Myrella yawned. Tae nodded her head “yes” then said “if you wish you can take me to Utopia.” Myrella stood up on her human legs, and began to walk to the dock.

“Well, she’s a fast learner on walking.” Tae thought

“We’ll discuss about this when we are in the water,” Myrella replied “for now let’s jump off of this dock.” Myrella jumped off the dock and into the water. Tae jumped into the water also, and she felt the tingles race up and down her legs. Tae felt her tail form, and then she dove under water with Myrella. The full moon caused the lights to swerve, and dance on the seafloor.

“We need a time for you to come for mermaid lessons” Myrella said.

“Sorry, I kept you waiting” Tae apologized “we can meet at midnight.”

“Why at midnight?” Myrella asked “Can’t it be earlier in the day?” Tae looked at the dark sea floor.

“I kind of lost my privileges to go out alone during the day.” Tae answered

“Oh,” Mary sighed “why do you want to go to Utopia so soon? I can’t take you there now, yet I still have a lot to teach you.”

“Because, I don’t like the human world.” Tae replied thinking about Vanessa “The only good thing that happened in my life was Michael. So far, everyone else treats me so brutally.” Myrella had a sympathetic look in her eyes she felt bad for Tae. She could see in Tae that she went through many hardships in the human world. 

“So, what is our lesson for tonight?” Tae asked pushing away the pain.

Myrella looked at Tae with a large smile then exclaimed “Seashell hunting, it would help us make combs for our hair. Be sure to pick the prettiest sea shells, and it will make your comb look pretty.” Myrella led Tae to a huge dark cave.

“Where are we?” Tae asked looking at the cave “This place looks too scary to find seashells.”

“I know,” Myrella giggled “that’s what I thought when mother first took me here. This underwater cave is called Seashell Cove. It has been here for many years holding the rarest and most delicate shells that you can never find on other beach shores.” Myrella swam into the cave Tae followed close behind Myrella.

The girls swam through many tunnels. The tunnels were dark, but then the girls see a light at the end of the tunnel. Tae and Myrella swam through the light, and found themselves in a huge underwater room filled with shells. The shells glinted and glowed like underwater gems. There were many shapes and sizes to choose from. Tae had trouble deciding which shells she wanted to use for her comb.

“How many shells are we supposed to collect?” Tae asked

“As many as you like really,” Myrella replied picking up a shiny pink shell “we’re going to make hair barrettes next.” Tae smiled and continued searching for her shells. Tae picked up a long gold shell with small silver specks.

“This shell would be perfect for the body of the comb,” Tae thought “and now all I need is a bunch of smaller shells for the teeth.” Tae picked up a small rainbow shell, and showed it to Myrella. Myrella smiled and gave Tae a crystal like purple shell.

“Here is one for the teeth,” Myrella exclaimed “now you just need three more.” Tae picked out three more shells. Then, the girls swam out the room and went through the tunnels. Once they reached the shore Myrella taught Tae how to make combs. Tae made a perfect multicolored comb that sparkled in the moonlight.

“Alright, now I have to teach you how to comb your hair the mermaid way.” Myrella exclaimed “The thing about this is you have to sing while combing. Also, be sure to be soft while combing your hair. Mermaid hair is known to be very fragile, and can easily be torn.”

“But why do we have to sing while combing our hair?” Tae asked with a confused look on her face.

“Because,” Myrella replied “singing is our magical way of keeping our hair healthy. But, we don’t just sing any song we want. We always sing our mermaid nationality song. It’s like a spell because it has magic in the lyrics.” Tae nodded her head she was very interested. Myrella began to demonstrate on Tae was supposed to do. Tae liked the song, and listened closely to every word in the lyrics. Tae tried it out and her voice rang out perfectly in sweet tune. Tae delicately combed her long jet black hair. Suddenly, Tae’s hair began to sparkle in the moonlight. Myrella smiled as she watched her younger sister comb her hair perfectly.

Later on, Tae waved goodbye to Myrella, and walked back to her horrid home of a cabin. Tae of course, knew what was going to happen when she got home. More trouble lye ahead of her. Tae walked into the house and her face went shocked. The house was a complete disaster there was glass shattered everywhere. A vase was shattered too, and had a huge puddle of water surrounding it. Tae heard sobbing coming from the living room, and her father’s soothing voice. Tae walked into the living room, and found Vanessa on the floor sobbing with Derek at her side.

“Is something wrong?” Tae asked cautiously looking at bit shocked at what she was seeing. The living room looked in complete discord. The sofa was turned over, and the picture frames were smashed everywhere.

Derek looked up at Tae with complete hostility then retorted “Why should you ask thief?” Tae looked confused; she didn’t know why he called her a thief. Tae doesn’t remember stealing anything.

“What are you talking about?” Tae asked with a confused look “I didn’t steal anything.”

“You stole out of Vanessa’s wallet,” Derek snapped “How could you do this to me. I thought I could I could trust you. Also, you walked out the house anyhow when your mother told you told you couldn’t.” 

“But, I didn’t steal from her,” Tae protested “she made that up. The second part is very true though, and yes I did walk out the house.”

“STOP LYING TO ME!!” raged Derek “I DON’T WANT TO LOOK AT YOU RIGHT NOW!” Tae had the total look of defeat all over her face. Tae rushed away crying to her cabin room. Tae felt betrayed and cheated she could not believe her father fell for Vanessa’s lie about the wallet. Tae cried and couldn’t stop, and then her door opened. Vanessa walked in with a dirty smile on her face.

“This is why you shouldn’t mess with me,” sneered Vanessa “now you have to suffer. We should have thrown you out in the first place.” Vanessa walked out and closed the door. Tae wished she could do something, but she was completely powerless.

The next morning, Derek went off to work early, but Tae didn’t care she just grabbed a beagle and sat down at the table. Vanessa stared at Tae with a blank expression, but Tae just ignored her grabbed her bag and left to school. Meanwhile, at school Tae really didn’t say anything to Michael. Michael knew something was bothering Tae. One day, Michael stopped Tae at her locker.

“Tae is there something bothering you?” he asked intently “You haven’t really talked to me in a while.”

“No, nothing is,” Tae lied with a blank expression on her face “I’m fine don’t worry about me.” With that Tae just left Michael in the hallway shocked. Michael was shocked at the fact that Tae just lied to him. At midnight, Tae snuck out the window of her bedroom, and continued her mermaid lessons with Myrella. At that point, Tae smiled and laughed with Myrella she was really happy with her sister.

As weeks passed on, Tae was becoming more distant from Vanessa and Derek. Tae still remained quiet at school, and Michael was starting to worry about Tae. Michael again stopped Tae in the library.

“Tae you are hiding something from me,” Michael whispered intently “why can’t you tell me. Am I the problem I’ll fix anything I did wrong?” Tae stared at him with another emotionless expression. Tae looked away then whispered “No, nothing is I told you that. I’m fine and very happy nothing is wrong.” Tae began to look on another shelf for a book. Michael stared at her, and he could not believe that she was lying to him again. Tae was about to walk to another shelf across the library until Michael blocked her way.

“Tae stop it and tell me the truth,” Michael whispered again “I’ve known you for fourteen years, and I know when you are hiding something from me. Tae I can see it fully in your eyes there is something bothering you, but you just won’t tell me.” Tae looked down at her boots she felt the tears well up her eyes again. A sob escaped from Tae’s mouth, and she began to shake. Michael looked at Tae sympathetically, but also shocked whatever her issue was it must have been severe. 

“My parents hate me,” Tae sobbed silently “I’ve been nothing but an idiot to them.” Tae dropped to the ground sobbing. Michael sat on the ground next to her.

“I’ve been cheated by my own mother;” Tae continued “she lied to my father saying I stole from her wallet. Therefore, my father now disgraces me, and doesn’t even dare take one glance at me.”  Tae continued sobbing Michael hugged his best friend.

“Tae it wasn’t your fault” Michael replied softly “everything will be fine I’m sure.” Tae was glad she had Michael on her side, but she knew she had to leave him to go to Utopia. Michael stroked Tae’s hair while she sobbed on his shoulder. Then, the bell rings Tae instantly picks her emotions up, and began to smile. Michael was very pleased to have Tae smile again.

But until she got home, that night her smiles faded instantly. Vanessa had one of Tae’s seashell combs on the kitchen table. Vanessa stared at Tae with one of her furious looks.

“So, I see your sneaking out still that’s great news.” Vanessa sneered “Why did you do this?” Vanessa pointed to the seashell comb. The comb sparkled and glinted under the light. Tae grabbed the comb, and held it close to her. It was the comb Myrella made for Tae as a gift.

“It’s mine!” Tae snapped “Don’t ever touch this again it’s special to me!” Vanessa raised her eyebrows in surprise. Tae rushed to her bedroom she closed and locked her door. She began to cry she did not want them to take away her comb. So far, they already took away her rainbow sea flower. Suddenly, a loud noise came from her bedroom door.

“COME UNLOCK THIS DOOR NOW YOU SPOILED LITTLE FISH!” Derek erupted. Tae was frightened and confused she did not know what to do. Tae suddenly heard the lock on her door break. Derek busted through the door his face was searing with rage. Vanessa stood next to him with her arms crossed.

“HAND OVER THE COMB!” Derek yelled. Tae looked at him back with rage.

“No” Tae replied with a cold voice. With that Tae jumped out her window, and ran full speed down to the beach. It was raining, Tae found Myrella sitting on the damp sand flapping her tail.

“Are you ready to go to Utopia now?” Myrella asked Tae looked at Myrella surprised.

“What we’re leaving today?” Tae asked “I can’t go yet I have to say to say goodbye to someone first.” Tae sprinted to Michael’s house his parents weren’t home yet. Tae stopped to catch her breath then rang the doorbell. Michael opened the doorbell surprised to see Tae drenched from the rain.

“Tae what’s up?” he asked surprised. Tae gave Michael a quick kiss on the lips, and gave him hug.

“I’ll miss you” Tae said softly “I’ll never see you again, but I will always remember you.”

“What do you mean?” Michael asked still stunned from the kiss.

“I mean I’m moving away forever,” Tae replied “just do me a favor, and that is to try to remember me.” Tae walked jogged away from the house to the beach. She gave Michael one last wave, and he waved back sadly. Tae made it back Myrella had a funny look on her face.

“Are you done now?” Myrella asked impatiently Tae nodded her head “yes” Suddenly; angry shouts came from behind Tae. Derek and Vanessa were jogging to Tae and Myrella.

“Come on!” Myrella cried as she pulled Tae underwater. Tae’s tail formed faster than normal. Myrella and Tae dove deeper into the water and swam further away from the shore. Vanessa shook her head sadly, and Derek just sat on the damp sand.

“She’s gone.” was all Derek could manage. He got up from the sand, and walked back to the cabin. Vanessa followed close behind him, and didn’t look back at the ocean.

For the next few days, Myrella and Tae swam nonstop. The water was very quiet and still. Tae’s tail was beginning to hurt, but she did not give up.

“Let’s stop here, and get some rest.” Myrella said lying on a rock. Tae laid on a rock next to Myrella’s then quickly fell asleep. Suddenly, Tae heard voices she woke up to a light in her face.

“Are you okay your highness?” A guard’s voice asks. Tae looked around to see Myrella awake with a smile. A group of Neptune’s troops has found Tae and Myrella.

“Yes, I’m fine” Tae replied as she got up from the rock. She stretched out her tail, and then swam next to Myrella.

Tae saw a huge golden chariot with dolphins swishing their tails excitedly.

“Please, your highnesses enter the chariot.” gestured the guard. Tae swam into the chariot next to Myrella. Then, the head guard grabs the rein, and then slaps the dolphins back. The dolphins glided easily through the water. One hour later, the chariot arrived at the huge golden gates of Utopia. Tae was surprised to find other mermaids with tails of different shapes and sizes. Many buildings glowed of silver, and one huge gold castle, which sparkled like the sun, stood above them all. They drove on the main road that led to the castle 

Tae’s eyes went wide open as they went through the huge golden gates of the castle.

“Well, we finally made it home,” exclaimed Myrella swam out the chariot “I’m glad.” Myrella swam faster into the castle, and Tae followed close behind. Myrella bursted through many hallways, and she stopped at a huge door.

She turned to Tae and exclaimed “Are you ready to meet papa and mother?” Tae felt a huge burst of excitement.

“Yes,” Tae exclaimed “I want to see my parents!” Myrella opened the doors her eyes went wide open as she saw her parents. They smiled warmly at their eldest daughter.

“Myrella it’s nice to have you back!” Neptune exclaimed. Myrella smiled with a huge grin she missed her parents. Tae cautiously, swam into the large room she was surprised see a woman that looked exactly like Tae. The parents looked shocked to find Tae standing nervously behind Myrella.

“Who are you?” asked Anjelicque stunned by the mermaid girl “what is your name dear?”

“My name is Tae Mermaidia Shashone.” Tae replied to the queen, but she also flicking her black and gold tail nervously. Neptune and Anjelicque gasped at the same time. 

“It couldn’t be,” the queen said approaching Tae “Myrella where did you find her?”

“On the shore of Feathermay ocean mother,” Myrella replied “I gave her some of the knowledge of a mermaid before we left.” The queen stared into Tae’s gold eyes, and then she gave Tae tight hug. Myrella joined in, and so did Neptune. Tae felt warm inside it felt good to have a family that loves you.

The next day, there was a huge celebration, for the return of Princess Tae Mermaidia Shashone, and the great honor of Princess Myrella Lavendaria Shashone. Tae sat in her large bedroom, and combed her hair while singing the Utopian nationality song. Myrella busted through Tae’s bedroom doors.

“Tae come on,” Mary exclaimed “we’re going to be late for the royal dinner.” Tae sighed and straightened her long black mermaid wraparound skirt.

“Okay I’m coming” Tae sighed as she placed her sliver tiara on her head. Tae of course, got shoved down many grand halls from Myrella pushing her. When she finally makes it into the grand dining room, Neptune looks away from the royal guest he was talking to and smiles. Tae smiled back, and swims to a dining room chair.

“So, it’s true” whispered a woman with long auburn hair, and wearing a sparkling crown that topped her head “your daughter lived on the surface for fourteen years.” Neptune nodded his head “yes”. Then, dinner was served Tae enjoyed the food, and talking to her mother and Myrella.

Later on, Neptune and Anjelicque came to Tae’s bedroom to give her a kiss goodnight.

“Goodnight,” Neptune said “have pleasant dreams.” Tae smiled sweetly then replied “Night papa” It was nice to call him papa. Her mother gave her a kiss on the cheek.

“Night sweetheart,” Anjelicque wished as she swam out the room “have sweet dreams.” Tae smiled, and she also knew she was going to enjoy her new life.

The End.

© 2012 Tavionna


Author's Note

Tavionna
Hope you enjoy, remember be careful on critisim!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

i wish i had made this shorter

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

182 Views
1 Review
Added on November 14, 2012
Last Updated on November 15, 2012

Author

Tavionna
Tavionna

iwakuni, chubu, Japan



About
I love music and enjoy fantasy stories. I love Michael Jackson he is my insporation. I currently living in another country which is Iwakuni Japan. I love it here and the people. Im not japanese but i .. more..

Writing
Surgery Surgery

A Poem by Tavionna


Myself Myself

A Poem by Tavionna