The Moody and the Gossiper, Chapter 2

The Moody and the Gossiper, Chapter 2

A Story by Tavionna
"

continued from Chapter one

"

Chapter 2

Yesterday, I went to the main office to for a change of clothes. They said they didn’t have any at the moment, so they let me sign out of school early. I walked back home to my two story white house. I saw that my mom’s Sudan was not parked outside. Neither, was my dad’s blue truck. They always worked really late at nights, and are never home with me. I shrugged and took out my spare house key my parents gave me. I took a really long shower, and scrubbed really hard making sure I didn’t have chili beans hiding in my scalp. I went to bed and took a really long depressing nap.

The next morning, it was Saturday and I could finally go for my walks. I took a pop tart with me, and walked down to the park called “Nature’s Gully”. It was a beautiful park and it wasn’t like the mall, and that is where most pom leaders go. It was autumn and the leaves were in striking reds, oranges, golds, and browns. A strong breeze stroke at the trees making the leaves fall like confetti, and I shivered a little. Luckily, I was wearing my favorite black sweater, and it made feel good inside.

I walked down the park’s track, and took quick glances at the park’s lake. I kept walking until I found an old woman struggling with boxes. It was Ms. Cookie and it looked like she was taking boxes to her novelty shop.

“Ms. Cookie,” I called as jogged up to her “let me help you with that.” Ms. Cookie looked up at me with one her sweet smiles.

“Oh, thank you dear,” Ms. Cookie replied “how sweet of you to help me.” Ms. Cookie had dark skin like I do, and she has few wrinkles on her face. Her curly hair was white as snow, and she had wonderful hazel eyes. I smiled as I picked up two boxes, and Ms. Cookie picked the last box. We made our way across the street to a small novelty shop. The shop was called “Sweet Nature’s Treats”, and Ms. Cookie has been running it for many years. Sadly, Ms. Cookie’s husband died along the way. However, Ms. Cookie still believes that her husband’s spirit remains in every nail in that shop.

I walked in and set the boxes in the corner by a shelf of vases. I took in a huge amount of the nature scented shop. I surveyed the room and it was filled with authentic goods. Ms. Cookie went in the back for a second, and came with a huge plate of cinnamon rolls. It made my mouth water a little bit, but I wasn’t too hungry. I watched her place them by the cash register, and put a huge glass top over them. The morning sun shined into the huge glass window in front of the shop.  

“How is school dear,” Ms. Cookie asked calmly “is it going well?” I looked away from Ms. Cookie’s hazel eyes. Recalling, the horrid events at lunch yesterday from the pom leaders.

“Not too great,” I replied sadly “the pom leaders won’t leave me be. They abused me yesterday at lunch, and I got laughed out of the cafeteria.” Ms. Cookie’s eyes went wide with sympathy.

“Oh dear,” Ms. Cookie said “I had bullies like yours when I was your age. I came home every day from school crying to my mother. Until, she gave me a necklace.” I saw Ms. Cookie reach behind her, and pull out a small black box. She opened the box, and a butterfly necklace sparkled. It had a sparkly black mood ring color part.

“This is a mood necklace,” Ms. Cookie explained “my mother gave it to me as a gift. I want you to have it.” My brown eyes went stunned, and I felt rude to try and take something like that.

“Oh no,” I replied “Ms. Cookie I couldn’t take this.”

“Please dear,” Ms. Cookie said “take it I think it’s time I shall pass it on.” 

© 2012 Tavionna


Author's Note

Tavionna
Hope you enjoy careful on the critisim!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

164 Views
Added on November 19, 2012
Last Updated on November 19, 2012
Tags: School, Life, Drama, Romance

Author

Tavionna
Tavionna

iwakuni, chubu, Japan



About
I love music and enjoy fantasy stories. I love Michael Jackson he is my insporation. I currently living in another country which is Iwakuni Japan. I love it here and the people. Im not japanese but i .. more..

Writing
Surgery Surgery

A Poem by Tavionna


Myself Myself

A Poem by Tavionna