The Moody and the Gossiper, Chapter 5

The Moody and the Gossiper, Chapter 5

A Story by Tavionna
"

Continued form chapter 4

"

Chapter 5

It was lunch time, and I sat with the new girl. I really thought she was the only nicest person I had in my life!

“My name is Mallina Richardson,” the girl introduced nicely “what is your name.”

“I’m Taera Marshall,” I replied “I live on Oakson road in the neighborhood.” Mallina’s eyes grew into surprise.

“Oh really,” She exclaimed “I just moved in down the street.”     

“Awesome,” I reply “do you have any family?” I felt my heart grow cold from the question. Family, why does that word even matter to me anymore?

“Of course,” Mallina explained joyfully “I have my mom, dad, and my older brother. They are the sweetest family to have!”

“Brother?” I asked “Who’s he, does he go to school here?”

“Yes he does,” Mallina beamed “his name is Michael he is in 10th grade.” I smiled I hoped I would be able to see him soon! I saw Mallina’s blue eyes go down to my necklace.

“That’s a very cute necklace,” she said looking back up at me with smile “where did you get it ?” I looked down at my necklace, and my butterfly was green.

“Thank you,” I replied “It was a gift from a friend. It’s a mood necklace.”

“Cool,” Mallina beamed “I used to love those when I was little. I know so much about mood necklace colors. Please, let me guess your mood.” I smiled and watched Mallina think.

“Let’s see your butterfly is green,” She said “that normally means you’re happy!”

“Yeah that’s right,” I replied remembering the chart “that’s true!”  

“Yes,” Mallina exclaimed “I’m still a master. Taera, you’re a cool person can I hang out with you after school.”

“Sure,” I said “I just watch the pom leaders practice, and wish one of their friends would fall from a stunt and get hurt.” Mallina stared back at me awkwardly, but then her expression change to an agreed look.

“You have a point,” Mallina replied “what they did to me earlier this morning was unforgivable.”

“Yeah,” I joked “let’s just call this out silent revenge.” We both laughed in an evil manner.

Later on after school, I was carrying more books to give my music teacher Ms. Mozart. Then, I got stopped in the hallway by the pom leader police.

“Hey loser,” Katrina retorted “I saw you at lunch laughing with lavender hair.” I stayed silent carefully balancing the books in my arms. I looked down at Katrina and her friends clothing. They weren’t in their uniforms today. Today, Katrina was wearing a pink shirt and denim skirt. The shirt had a sparkly heart with black bold faced letters that screamed “Because I said so now do it.” Katrina was also wearing pink flats, and her blonde hair was straightened down.

“Loser,” Katrina snapped “I’m up here, my face is too pretty to be on the ground.” I slowly lift my head to her face. I noticed Katrina was wearing mascara, and she had a neat shining coat of lip gloss glistening in the light of the afternoon sun on her lips.

“Yeah so,” I replied coldly “she needed someone to talk to. Unlike, you I was nice enough to show her where Ms. Marisol’s classroom is.” I saw Katrina’s face grow a hot pink with anger. Her friends shot daggers at me crossing their arms like they were annoyed. Katrina whacked the books from my hand. Then, pushed me up against a locker, and then she slapped me in the face.

“Shut up,” snarled Katrina “my point was….. Was……… um to stop laughing around me. Your gross laughing is giving me a headache.” She pushed me to the floor, and then her and her friends walked away laughing. I still felt the pain from the slap Katrina gave me. I sigh sadly and quickly looked down at my butterfly. It shined a blood red. The necklace was right again I really did feel harassed. I begin to pick up the books lying on the ground. It was at least 20 books I was holding, but they weren’t too heavy.

“Hey, are you alright,” a voice asked “let me help you with that.” I turned around to see a boy, and he had dark curly hair and caramel colored skin. He had a dark blue shirt and jeans on with black loafers. I never saw him before, but he did look very new.

“Sure,” I replied “you can help me.” The boy picked up the other ten books lying on the ground.

“I saw everything those girls did to you,” The boy continued as we walked down the hall way “I knew I just had to help you. My name is Michael, by the way.” My head flashed on Mallina’s words about her older brother. Could he possibly be Mallina’s brother?

“I’m Taera,” I replied “and it’s okay I’m used to it. They’ve been like that since I was in junior high.” Michael stopped and looked at me oddly.

“You should really tell this to someone,” He said “you can’t let this go on any longer it will only get worse.”

“I wish I could,” I replied sadly “but Katrina and her friends took drama for many years they are really good at lying.”

“Oh,” Michael said and we both continued walking “let’s think of a happy subject to talk about.”

“Like what?” I asked

“Simple,” Michael replied “Like get to know each other.”

“Okay,” I said joyfully “you go first!”

“Well,” He said smiling “I’m new to this school, and I just moved here a week ago. I’m in the 10th grade too!” Now, I’m really starting to think Michael is Mallina’s brother.

“Have you met my sister yet,” Michael asked, I looked up at him in surprise.

“I think so,” I replied “was her name Mallina Richardson?” He turned to me with a smile.

“Yes, that’s her,” Michael exclaimed “I’m her older brother.” I stopped in my tracks, and looked at him stunned.

“You’re her brother,” I responded “but you don’t look alike.”

“I know,” Michael said quietly “but you see I was actually adopted by her family. So I look nothing like my foster parents. I still have to keep my father’s last name though.” We took a turn down another hallway, and we were getting close to Ms. Mozart’s classroom.

“What is your last name,” I asked

“Jackson,” Michael replied “my father wanted me to have it for the rest of my life. My foster parents and him had to go to court for it. My dad of course, won in the first place, so I’m stuck with it.”

“Oh,” I sighed “are you alright with it?”

“I guess,” Michael replied sadly “I’m still hurt that he couldn’t take care of me, but it was a good choice to let me go. I’m doing much better now, and I’m very grateful to be living with a loving family.” We walked into the classroom, but Ms. Mozart wasn’t there. Michael and I set the books on the book shelf.

“So tell me about you,” he said “How is your life like?” 

“I don’t like it,” I replied sadly “I hate it.” Michael put the last book on the shelf, and looked at me with eyes of sympathy.

“Why not,” he asked “why do you hate life so much?”

“My parents,” I replied feeling my throat close up with pain “They don’t love me anymore.” Michael stared at me harder with sympathy.

“Taera, of course they would love you,” he explained “why wouldn’t they love you? Even, though I just met you, I think you’re a cool person to be with.” I felt my cheeks burn a little bit because no boy has ever told me that before.

“Well,” I explained “they are always too busy to even think about me. They never spend time with me like they used to when I was little. Both of them are always sucked into their jobs. They even work on holidays like Christmas, or Thanksgiving. They always treat me like I’m in the way, or something.”  I felt pain absorbed every inch of me, and then I saw my butterfly had turned into its depressing black color.

“Taera,” Michael said to me with a small smile “no matter how busy they are, or how angry they get. They will still love you on and forever.”

“Well,” I sighed “they have a funny way of showing it.” Michael laughed a little bit.

“Come on,” Michael pleaded “just give them one more chance.” I thought for a second then I finally decided.

“Alright,” I replied “Just one more try.” Michael smiled at me and I smiled back. Michael and I walked out the classroom together.

“There you are Taera,” a joyful voice blurted from behind “I’ve been looking all over the school for you!” Michael and I turn around to find Mallina at the end of the hall. Mallina’s eyes went wide open all of a sudden and at first I thought I did something.

“MIKEY,” she yelled like a five year old girl “MIKEY, MIKEY, MIKEY!” She ran down the hallway making her dress flounce. Is she for real, I thought in my head? Mallina tackled Michael into a huge hug. Michael giggled from his super hyper sister.

“Mikey,” Mallina exclaimed “I missed you it’s been a long day!”

“Lanie,” Michael replied “I missed you too!”  

“So I see,” I said “you guys have a really tight bond.” Michael and Mallina look at me, and they were both smiling.

“Yeah,” Mallina explained “it’s been that way ever since we were kids.” I saw Michael nod his head in agreement.

“Mikey,” Mallina said “can you tell mommy I’ll be home later. I’m hanging out with Taera for a little while.”

“Okay,” Michael replied “Mom’s is going to be, so happy to hear that you have a new friend.”

“Yeah,” Mallina said “bye Mikey!” Mallina grabbed my arm and pulled me to the doors.

“Bye Michael,” I say quickly “it was nice to meet you.” I saw him wave back at me with a smile, and then disappear into a different direction. 

© 2013 Tavionna


Author's Note

Tavionna
Review all you like!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

350 Views
Added on January 27, 2013
Last Updated on January 27, 2013
Tags: School, life, drama, Romance

Author

Tavionna
Tavionna

iwakuni, chubu, Japan



About
I love music and enjoy fantasy stories. I love Michael Jackson he is my insporation. I currently living in another country which is Iwakuni Japan. I love it here and the people. Im not japanese but i .. more..

Writing
Surgery Surgery

A Poem by Tavionna


Myself Myself

A Poem by Tavionna