Sleep

Sleep

A Poem by Tayler
"

A poem about how sleep can helps us through times of need.

"

Sweet darkness embraces me tightly,

so very warm to the touch,
I fall into the folds of sleep,
They twist gently around me.
Thoughts of fairytales
From faraway places,
Cloud my mind,
And push my fears away
My pain is gone, replaced,
By dreams that dare not reveal the truth
Like an old friend,
Sleep wraps its arms around me,
Letting me rest my head upon its shoulder
‘Shh now’, it says, ‘rest like you’ve never rested before,
‘Dream as you never have before,
‘Let me help you through this time’.
I relish the time that I don’t have to look into the world,
I relish this time of escape,
Through sleep I will heal.

© 2009 Tayler


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

beautiful. i love this piece. it holds personal relavence for me as im in a rather precarious stage in my life right now and sometimes it seems the realm of sweet slumber is my only escape. i actuly, at times, look forward to it not just cuz im tired, but to get away from the stresses and struggles of the day.

a very creative and well penned piece with a pleasant and comforting messege.

very well done indeed :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This poem is both sweet and serious. Sometimes we need to just let go of everything and simply get away from it all. It would be perfect to lucid dream into whatever Oasis we desire. This poem also gave me a chill when I think of excessive escaping from reality in the form of sleeping could be a cry for help...

But this peom is a cradle of comfort.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Good word. Here you've brought a simple concept with simple words. Actually I've found this to be so true in my case. When life is getting me down and nothing else seems to work, I just go to bed. Sometimes for an entire day, but it really does help to figure things out for yourself, to push away those bad feelings.

Glad I'm not the only one. In the second line "warm and uncaring"... I would get rid of the word "uncaring" because it conflicts with the message of the rest of the poem, although I bet you didn't mean it in that sense.

Good... I find this so true. I think I'll even write my own sleep poem to express my sentiments also. Thanks for sharing this,
- Ben

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a beautiful work. You write so wisely. Sleep the healer of the mind, body and soul. A land that supports all our dreams and hopes. A place that we can drift listlessly in a row boat, down a lazy river, with no fears of anything or one intruding upon this quiet scene. "like an old friend..Sleep wraps its arms around me"......Your poem is as relaxing as sleep, this is a skillful work of poetic art. The smooth flow, words, everything works together to instill a sense of peace.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

beautiful. i love this piece. it holds personal relavence for me as im in a rather precarious stage in my life right now and sometimes it seems the realm of sweet slumber is my only escape. i actuly, at times, look forward to it not just cuz im tired, but to get away from the stresses and struggles of the day.

a very creative and well penned piece with a pleasant and comforting messege.

very well done indeed :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

197 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 21, 2009
Last Updated on September 23, 2009

Author

Tayler
Tayler

About
Contrast... I can describe myself in a contrast of absract colors. The contrast of abstract colors represents the flow and movement of my mind. It moves subconsciously, like a river, creating sh.. more..

Writing
The Starkiller The Starkiller

A Story by Tayler



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Pulse Pulse

A Chapter by Pugglove


My Dream My Dream

A Story by Tate Morgan


Grounded Grounded

A Poem by Hayley