Pulse

Pulse

A Chapter by Pugglove
"

Chapter one

"

The pulse rushes through her first one of the night. It isn’t strong enough to move her. Not yet. Her hood is up, and ear buds in, and she is walking slow. She glances over her shoulder every once in a while.  Her music is blearing in her ear, its Eminem ranting about women, and money. Her black curls that have escaped her hood are bouncing with every step. Her hips are swaying back and forth. Her flawless hourglass shape is glowing in the moon light. She walks with her chest is out in posse. She has the body of a goddess. The kind that makes every girl red with jealousy and all the boys drool.

            She rounds a corner and the wind whips through her hair. It carries so many smells that makes her hunger rage. She looks around no ones there.

            “Come on over here, babe!” A shout came from behind her. She turns her head slightly to look to see where it came from, three men sitting on a porch, whistling and shouting for her to come closer. Saying she is irritable, beautiful, and sexy. She continues you walking.

            “Party’s over here!” The largest one of the three is shouting, most likely the one who was shouting earlier. She turns to look at him. Her vision is better at night and she can tell he is drunk by the cherry red color in his face.


Alcohol ruins the taste to some degree. He isn’t worth the fight.


            She gave them a quick glance and a smile, but kept walking. They all shouted in protest but she kept moving. She made sure to stay on the other side of the street from the men. She walked to the beat as Dirty Little Secret came on. She made it to the corner. She looked at the sign she was turning on to Stetson.


Almost home.


            She makes her way across the street. She slides her hand across the brick wall. Then a second pulse rushed through her this time knocking her in to the wall. She slid down to her knees on the grown. She pulls her sleeve up to show of the ‘S’ like birthmark on her wrist. It was turning a deep purple and beginning to itch.


I must be hungry


She looked to the sky to see bright glowing stars and a waxing crescent moon in the sky. She pulled herself from the ground. She now began to turn down Palmer Street. She glanced over her should again to see if anyone had witnessed her fall.  When she turned around she saw a man in his early twenties walking ahead of her. He had his hood up as well, and he was wearing dark wash jeans.

Finally.

            She took out her ear buds, and began to run towards him. But soon stopped to notice he was reaching into his pocket. If he was pulling out a phone to make a call it was all over. She didn’t know how much more she could take before she was just going to rip him apart. Instead of a phone he pulled out a cigarette and lite it.


A smoker. They all just taste like rat poison and scum. Oh well, I can’t turn back now. I have to feed or I am going to die.


            The act starts now. She ran up to him with lighting speed.

            “Excuse me?” she asked in a light, girly voice. He turned around and jumped not knowing anyone had been around. He began to smile looking at her flawless body and watched as she removed her hood reviling her stunning ice blue eyes and full red lips. Her beauty is almost too much for the poor boy to handle.

            “What do you need?” He said smiling, the poor boy was trying to charm her but it won’t help at all. She has experience.

            “I need help getting to Maple Ave. I took a wrong turn and got lost. It gets dark quick her and I put up my hood out of fear,” she said while flipping her and batting her eyes, “You know, I am scared of the dark.” What a lie. She made her face turn pink as if she were embarrassed of telling some stranger her little secret.

            “I could walk you there, if that makes you feel a little safer out here.” He was hooked.


Why would you fall for a stupid trick like that? A beautiful girl comes up to you and asked you something and you automatically fulfill her every whim. The little girls at elementary school were right. Boys are stupid.


            They start waking together. The mark is burning now. She could guess it’s turning more of a maroon color now.

            “Oh I am Justin by the way. I don’t think I have ever seen you around town. You are?” he asked with a smile. She sighed, she hates when they try to get close to you.

            “I am Alexandra.  And I am up visiting my brother. Thank you so much for...” A pulse shot through her and she started to fall. He caught her before she could it the ground. She starred at him not knowing what to say.


Don’t stop now you idiot, he is hooked. Don’t just stand there say something!


            “Thank you.” She mumbles. “I am such a klutz sometimes.” Her hunger was growing to a point that she couldn’t control it anymore. She better hurry before he is in pieces in the middle of the intersection She quickly wrapped her arms around his neck and hugged him. She could hear him breathing in the scent of her hair.


Isn’t the vanilla intoxicating?


            He lets go of her just enough to still be able to look at her face and into her eyes. But that’s just want she wants. Her eyes fly open and he can’t look away.

            “What’s….going…on?” his eyes went into a blank stare. Alexandra could always control people flawlessly but only if they would look into her eyes.

            She, with only a thought, controls the boy to move to the shadows where nobody would see.  She commanded him to lie down, he followed. She kneeled down next to him. He had no idea what was coming. Even if he was under her control he was still very much alive. She lifted his wrist to her face and smelled the scent of that radiated off of human men.

Meal time.

            She bit down hard into his wrist. Alexandra drew the very life blood from his limp corpse. Her hunger began to die down and her wrist stopped hurting. His body turned a pale color. No more blood flowed. He was dead. Now came the part she hated the most. She stood up and threw her hood up over her head and put her ear buds back in. P!nk was singing about losing a man. She called for the lifeless to get up off ground and follow her home. There she could get rid of the body. She started walking home, with the sick lifeless body following close behind.

            



© 2011 Pugglove


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

wow, intense it makes you eager to know what is next.

Posted 9 Years Ago


A really descriptive, bloody and mysterious story... cant wait for the next chapter!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow, this is really good! If this were in a local library I would totally take it home and devour it in one sitting!

Posted 12 Years Ago


The typos were a bit distracting, but other than that what you wrote is very 'in' right now. It shouldn't be hard for you to find a sizeable audience. Keep up the good work!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I must be jaded, I picked up on this being a vampire story in the second paragraph...

But it is done well, a couple of typos though

Posted 12 Years Ago


OMG this was creepy. CREEPY!!!
But oh how I loved it!!!
I was hooked from the beginning.

Posted 12 Years Ago


very nicely written. you clearly have a talent for painting a scene. subtle, yet very effective descriptions. i enjoyed the build up to kill and also found myself curious if this girl was going to 'vamp' or perhaps 'wolf' out. in other words, you hooked me and had me guessing. well done indeed. a clever write and an intriguing start.

looking forward to another chapter :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Superb... brilliant write. Very good story. Well done.. please add more soon.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I think I missed the name of the girl somewhere, haha. Well, great for the start of a book, but I'm afraid this just isn't the type of book I usually read. Great job though!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I'm hooked. Hope you're adding more soon :)

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

418 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 21, 2011
Last Updated on November 21, 2011
Tags: Vampire, dark, girl, alone


Author

Pugglove
Pugglove

NY



About
I am more of a dark writer but I write to write :) more..

Writing
Her Story Her Story

A Book by Pugglove



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Sleep Sleep

A Poem by Tayler