Berith: A Demon Overcome

Berith: A Demon Overcome

A Story by Taylor Jackson
"

Ahh just a random story or forgiveness, darkness..light. I just felt like writing something honestly..

"
..Let those who shine the brightest say, I've given all my life to pay. For those who keep their love inside, will have no place when fires rise..
..A simple line from a lyric of selflessness. These are some of the words my family has lived by. But I have never truly understood the meaning behind selflessness. Why would I give my life for others. Why should I.
This was a lesson I soon learned. For I have been through my trials, and I share them with you now. One in particular where I faced the eternal darkness..my inner self. 
A Lesson From Life:
..One day I saw a child running away from his father. A drunken man with only eyes for power and submission. I then walked passed a man who was arguing with his wife. The man was unfaithful and telling his wife that it was her fault. She was truly devastated. I then walked past a man who lay dead on the ground before me. I walked past them all and said nothing.
  There are only a few things strong enough to make me center myself in the darkness of my home and ask what the purpose of life was. On this day, those three observations were enough. Then before I knew it, I was taken to the ground by an unknown force. 
The dark figure was masked in black, but I could not fathom the reality that I was fighting for my life. For the masked face was revealed and one name was announced. Berith..the demon who temps men to be truly wicked.
I asked what he wanted and he didn't answer. He only pointed at me and then pointed towards the wall. When I dared to look I saw a mirror, and the figure on top of me. But the face I saw was not of the demon..but of me. I was the one who attacked myself. Then the demon using my face began to speak. 
"We are in dark times..we live in a world of selfishness and darkness. Where the people who reside don't live for happiness anymore, but only for the absence of pain. I now see you are one of those people and you will also pay the cost. To understand this world one must be open minded, and you have shut off your mind from everything and now expect answers. This will not do..this is what called me here to you..darkness will overtake you as it does all who fall to it"
I was speechless, and was ambushed by the truth he was speaking. I again looked into the mirror and again saw my face. Now the demon who was on me was weeping with my eyes, was in pain, and was expressing my feeling. All the things I could not do before. I then reached for my eyes and observed the demons reflection doing the same. To my surprise, when the crying face was touched by my hand I felt the tear drops. I was the one who was crying.
I looked towards the demon and said "..this world will no longer be seen by my eyes as dark. Your temptation of false truth will not overtake me. Despite what you've said there will always be hope. People can change, and life can always be turned around to happiness. People just need to be reminded of their light" The demon faltered and jumped off of my body. I asked for forgiveness and remember then line from the prophecy my father told me. This expense was my fire..and I will not hide from the flames. My light will be brighter, and I will give what I can to those who need it. 
I stated Berith's name and cast him back into the pit where he came from, and walked outside into the streets. I was glowing, and filled with hope. It was my turn..
I found the body laying on the ground and with no hesitation I touched his head. I felt darkness overtaking him, and gave him some of my light. With this his eyes opened, and my closed. The darkness that was overtaking him was brought into me. I staggered, but stood. 
I then approached the man and woman who were fighting, and held both of their hands. I again felt the darkness overtaking them both and filled them with my light. With this I took their darkness and their doubts. They thanked me and I moved on. I gain staggered, but I could not fall yet.
I then found the boy who was hiding from his father. I reached out to him, hugged him, told him everything was going to be alright, and held his hand as I walked him to his father. The man had no light that I could see.. It seemed as if the dark force had fully overtaken him, but I would not give up. I reached out to the man, and simply grabbed his shoulder as he made a lunge for the boy. Then I felt it.. I heard the screams of the man as a child. I felt his tears on my face. The many days of abuse the man took from his father, and the times he hid and no one came. My eyes began to water, and I simply looked into his eyes and said "I'm sorry..let me take your pain." With this I filled him with the remainder of my light, but I knew I did not have enough. I still felt darkness within the man, and I dropped to my knees.
As I fell to the ground I saw the little boy take his fathers hand, and with three words, set the man free from all his darkness. The boy looked at his father and said " I love you.." I then saw all the darkness leave the man's body, and he fell to his knees with his son in his arms. The man looked at me and thanked me. Then he arose with his son and they went home. 
Now I was completely filled with darkness. The only spark of light I had was my life. The I remembered the rest of the prophecy..I've given all my life to pay. I now understood what it meant to be selfless. Those people..me..we all have struggles, but we cannot lose hope.
I then felt a warm light on my face as I fell towards the ground. As I lay there, I felt at peace, despite the darkness within me. I then began to rise up off the ground towards the heavens. As I got closer towards the light I heard the words I never thought I would hear. Two words that brought all the darkness out of me and filled me with light again. As I opened my eye and entered the light I was told "..well done."

© 2021 Taylor Jackson


Author's Note

Taylor Jackson
This was just for fun. If you like it cool if not that's cool too. Just wrote what I felt honestly. Not looking for popularity on this.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

24 Views
Added on July 14, 2019
Last Updated on January 8, 2021
Tags: #adventure, #hope, #life, #fntasy

Author

Taylor Jackson
Taylor Jackson

Tyler, TX



About
Here to write entertaining stuff! Hope you enjoy! more..

Writing