Hide and Seek Ch.3

Hide and Seek Ch.3

A Chapter by Taylor Joel
"

A group of healthcare workers end up playing a wild game of hide and seek in an abandoned nursing home on Halloween night. As they disappear one by one, the question must be asked, haunting or foe?

"
“96, 97, 98, 99, ready or not here I come,” Bryson shouted from behind the nurses station glass. He unhooked the latch and made his way down the hall to the right. He crept slowly past the first few rooms. Each of the rooms were extremely crowded with two old metal beds with front cranks. A few of the beds had bed rails and hand restraints. He noticed a light began to flicker down the hall and slowed his pace. “I better not find y’all quick, chumps” he shouted into the empty hall, steading his own breath a bit. 

As Bryson walked by the next room he noticed two sets of feet sticking out from underneath the sheets on the beds. It must be April and Sarah he thought to himself. He quickly walked past the door and covered his laugh with his fist. He couldn’t help thinking how much they must hated hiding under those dusty sheets and it would be quite funny to make them wait to be found. “Where you guys at!” he yelled in attempt to convince April and Sarah he hadn’t seen them. 

Bryson continued on through a set up double doors and turned to the right. Bryson found himself walking through a grand dining room full of two person tables and rusty chairs. Some of the decorations had white sheets still covering them from years ago. He flipped a light switch and a light came on in a room behind two sliver swinging doors. He pushed his way through and discovered the kitchen. [Clank Clank Clank!] A large piece of silverware hit the floor in the distance turning Bryson’s head toward the sound attentively. He smiled knowing he had found someone as he continued walking slowly back into the kitchen. 

“Ahh” Bryson yelled as he turned the corner at the back wall. April and Sarah screamed and jumped out from underneath the sink. “Lord I about peed on myself Bryson!” April said as she and Sarah held onto each other and regained their breathes. Bryson’s face slowly twisted in confusion as he thought about seeing the shoes that were sticking out from under the bedsheets back in the hallway. “I thought you guys were… Never-mind. It must of been.. . Somebody else. Okay I’m going to find everybody else y’all have to go back to the nurses station,” Bryson said as he and his confused face flew out of the kitchen to find his next hiders. 

When they all met back up at the nurses station the entire group was ready for round 2 of “Hide and Seek”. “I want to be the seeker this time,” Devon said stepping forward. “Oh no. Your seeking privileges have been revoked with the little stunt you pulled outside. I’m seeking,” Sarah said pushing Devon to the side. They all shared a laugh before running off to hide for round 2. 

“96, 97, 98, 99, ready or not here I come,” Sarah yelled as she made her way from behind the nurses station and down the hall to the right. She went the the kitchen and found Joshua immediately, sending him back to the nurses station. She left the kitchen with finding April on her mind. “Pretty babies,” Sarah shouted down the hall in her creepiest voice in hopes to scare April out of hiding. She moved down the hall fearlessly as more lights began to flicker. “Pretty baby,” Sarah again yelled. The hallway doors changed as she walked farther down the hall. She slowly approached a door that was swung open. She took a deep breath before poking her head around the door to see inside the room. The room was empty but it looked as if someone has stomped their way through to hide. She took a few steps in feeling confident. “Watch those pretty babies,” a voice said from behind her as she felt a hand lay rest on her shoulder. She jumped but quickly rallied. “I think I almost died girl that voice perf…” she began but as she reached for the hand on her shoulder there was nothing and no one there. 

Sarah screamed so loud it scared everyone and they all met her back at the nurses station. “What! What was it?” April asked as they converged around Sarah. They escorted Sarah up on the desk and she laid her head against the glass and tried to catch her breath. “I swear someone grabbed me and said what Mr. B said. I swear it felt it,” she said with pure fear in her eyes. “What are y’all even talking about,” Joshua asked. “Some thing creepy Mr. B said. She said ‘Watch those pretty babies’ as we were leaving her room today. It was just really weird,” April explained as she comforted her friend. “Where’s Devon? Maybe we should head back to the car,” Katie added looking shaken from Sarah’s scream. “I swear I am not in the mood for his games right now. He needs to show his face,” Sarah said with a fed up tone. 

SMACK!!!

Devon’s face slammed on the glass outside nurses station. His pale, lifeless cheeks shrieked down the glass until his body hit the floor with a thump. They rest of them screamed in terror as the lights began to flicker on and off. “Don’t hurt the pretty baby!” a shrill voice called. They all froze in shock. “Who was that,” Joshua whispered brokenly. They all looked around at each other scared for themselves and scared for their friend Devon.

“Want to hear a song pretty baby” 


© 2020 Taylor Joel


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

83 Views
Added on October 11, 2020
Last Updated on October 11, 2020


Author

Taylor Joel
Taylor Joel

Kingsport, TN



About
Too much imagination to keep to myself. So read and enjoy! more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Taylor Joel


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Taylor Joel


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Taylor Joel